Pet Peeves!

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Surlysomething, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Aug 5, 2009 #1

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

PET PEEVES

C'mon, we all have them.

What are some of yours?

Here are a couple of mine:

Wet socks. :mad:
    Over-plucked eyebrows

Spitting

2. Aug 5, 2009 #2

Esther

Esther

Esther

Queen Black Acid

When people cross the street on a huge diagonal so it takes them 10 times longer to reach the other side.
    Having to handle receipt paper at work (I get chills thinking about the feeling of it on my fingers).
    The dust at the bottom of the cereal box that sabotages the last bowl every goddamn time!

3. Aug 5, 2009 #3

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

Where do I begin?

Small dogs. Oddly enough, I like rats, but I hate all the little rat-like vermin that bimbos everywhere try to pass off as dogs. Cradling the filthy, drooling, shivering, yapping meatbags in baskets and purses; dressing them up in little coats and frilly things. EW.

That being said...bimbos piss me off, too. Especially bimbos sporting all the ugliest trendy fashions. Spandex pants, sequins (wtf...why are people wearing these all of a sudden??), those ugly fucking rubber boots (being an old fisherman from Newfoundland is suddenly cool and sexy?)....blech. "Tee hee. I'm going to drink my fancy $10 Starbucks coffee in my pink rubber boots, while my chihuahua eats his special dog croissant and wears his new pink scarf and matching boots. Then I'm going to listen to "underground" emo shit at a "dive" bar that serves $30 cran-tinis, and Twitter about it 500 times in the process so all my equally retarded scene friends will know that I'm cool." FUCKING KILL ME NOW.

Unions. Every form of city worker has been on strike in the last year, it seems. Why? Because they are all part of greedy-as-fuck unions. I've threadjacked several times to bitch about unions, so maybe I'll just stop here, instead of being redundant.

People who fit stereotypes EXACTLY. You know how stereotypes are supposed to be exaggerated and insulting? No one is actually that bad...right? Wrong - they are everywhere. You don't see my Polish husband wandering the streets with a kielbasa in one hand and a bottle of vodka in the other, picking fights with randoms one minute and trying to sell a stolen car the next....so what's up with these guys? It just annoys me.

More to come. I love complaining. :D

SanDiega likes this.
  4. Aug 6, 2009 #4

chicken legs

chicken legs

chicken legs

yawn

Whiny, complaining, energy draining, people who deluded themselves into thinking they are caring positive people...

Walks away from mirror..:p:eek:

Really... my biggest pet peeve is that i procrastinate...especially when feeling stressed

5. Aug 6, 2009 #5

ESPN Cutie

ESPN Cutie

ESPN Cutie

Missing the South.

1. People who say they are going to do something - or worse, offer to do something - and then they change their mind. I hate unreliable, undependable people.

2. Likewise, I hate when I DONT volunteer to do something at work - because I KNOW I won't want to do it - and someone else, usually a "co-workerfriend":rolleyes: volunteers me to do it with them. This happens ALL THE TIME where I work.

3. House pets; I hate animals in the home.

4. When people comment on my diet/weight. I don't eat alot on purpose and I like my current size. Thus, I HATE when people, especially those who don't know me really well, say things like, "Jen, do you eat? You never eat, I don't think I've EVER seen you eat any REAL food." It gets really old and really annoying real fast.

rabbitislove and Esther like this.
  6. Aug 6, 2009 #6

Duchess of York

Duchess of York

Duchess of York

HABETIS BONA DEUM

People who crack/pop their gum... the way their mouth wrinkles or lip curls up while they grind their teeth together to get that sound... every time they chew it.

OH...

MY...

GODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!
    :doh:

I'm not a violent person but that makes me consider running them through a woodchipper...

7. Aug 6, 2009 #7

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

I feel the same way about listening to people crunch into apples. It makes me feel physically ill to hear that snapping sound :shocked:

8. Aug 6, 2009 #8

WillSpark

WillSpark

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts

Douches who are douches to other people who they think are douches without realizing they themselves are douches and thus are bigger douches because of it, making them the biggest douches of all.

Not only is that my pet peeve, but also a sentence I used when attempting to fit as many douches into a sentence as possible. I bowed to the winner, however, when my friend simply said, "Spencer Pratt."

Also, The Hills.

9. Aug 6, 2009 #9

Paquito

Paquito

Paquito

don't July to me

The sounds of styrofoam being rubbed, scratched, touched in general.

frankman and Esther like this.
  10. Aug 6, 2009 #10

StarWitness

StarWitness

StarWitness

part square, part drape

Facebook's new layout. It couldn't be more difficult to navigate if I turned my modem off. Seriously, I've been using Facebook regularly since 2004, and you would not believe how long it took me to publish a note. :mad: Twitter4Life.

11. Aug 6, 2009 #11

ESPN Cutie

ESPN Cutie

ESPN Cutie

Missing the South.

Awww, I absolutely LOVE The Hills, its the only reality show I really watch ... but I'm finding that many people can't stand the show.:(
    And, I totally LOVE LC.:wubu: She's my "girl crush" - someone I could totally see myself being BFF's with.

12. Aug 6, 2009 #12

Carl1h

Carl1h

Carl1h

figure O

Thin or relatively thing people obsessing to me about their weight or diet, or their spouses or kid's or pet's weight or diet. Can't they tell already that I'm over the weight obsessing thing?

People saying "be rest assured."

People that don't eat onions. You bastards, you know who you are.

By the way:

Now that you mention it, I've never seen you eat! Don't you ever eat?

(see, no smilies, which has to mean I am totally serious about the eating thing and not just being annoying)

13. Aug 6, 2009 #13

piratechick

piratechick

piratechick

Liars, backstabbers, extremely vain people, and pretty much everything Will said..

14. Aug 6, 2009 #14

Ninja Glutton

Ninja Glutton

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek

1. The sound of toenails/fingernails being clipped

2. People who sit next to me and bite their fingernails and try to subtley spit out the little chunks they bite off

3. People coughing/sneezing behind or toward me

4. Drunk guys who think I'm their best friend and try to put their arm around me and talk because I'm that fat jolly dude at a party.

5. Fake, condescending laughs

6. People who don't get common pop culture references

Gah, I'm nitpicky lol

Esther likes this.
  15. Aug 6, 2009 #15

Esther

Esther

Esther

Queen Black Acid

Ew, newspaper is bad too... same with chalk, cotton balls and unglazed pottery. I basically hate all surfaces that will suck the moisture out of your skin like that, it's so disgusting. You're definitely not the only one with skin sensitivity!

It's so much worse when people keep the fingernail clippings in their mouths and chew on them!!! Ugh!

16. Aug 7, 2009 #16

escapist

escapist

escapist

Belt Buster!

um lets see my Pet Peeve's:

1. Food that has wrappers that were designed by engineers never to be opened but keep food forever.
    2. Microwaves that tease you by resetting each time you go to hit start thus causing you to start the whole process of setting it all over again.
    3. cars that are 10x to small for me (almost all cars now).
    4. clothes that keep shrinking! (can I really be getting that big?)
    5. People who don't feed me!
    6. theater seats that only fit one of my ass cheeks.
    7. Extra large meals that just aren't large enough.
    8. Filling out question post like this when I could be eating something yummy!

...Dang I'm hungry now!

17. Aug 7, 2009 #17

b0nnie

b0nnie

b0nnie

1. People who sing along with songs without knowing the words....ughhh.....just wanna slap them over the head.

2. People who say literally all the damn time.

3. Teeth scraping on silverware.

4. People who whistle, I mean come on how freaking Snow White is that?!?!

Carl1h likes this.
  18. Aug 7, 2009 #18

SanDiega

SanDiega

SanDiega

I realize how common it is but I cant walk over carpeting without feeling like it is seething with mold and germs. Maybe its becuase my house has all tile floors, but carpets gross me out. You will never catch me barefoot on a carpet.

19. Aug 10, 2009 #19

SnapDragon

SnapDragon

SnapDragon

Filthy Letch

My #1 hate is extremists. We live in a dangerous world if there are people in it who will describe other people as 'evil' for being different to them, and won't even hear, let alone try to understand, the other side of an argument. And I don't just mean the obvious extremists like Muslim and IRA terrorists; I mean anti-foxhunting extremists and animal rights terrorists, and religious extremism of all sorts, which of course must include atheist extremism.

I also hate bicycles. This is not the fault of cyclists I understand, but because the infrastructure isn't designed to cope with them and they shouldn't be problem when used on proper cycling paths. They are death traps when used on the road, and a liability on the pavement.

I hate shops and shopping. Things are arranged illogically, people block the aisles, there's always a queue, etc.

I hate violent, shouty people. I hate unpredictable people who lose their tempers with no warning.

I hate it when an issue gains mass support because it's seen to be the politically correct option, or when people won't discuss an issue that needs to be discussed because discussing it is going to open a can of worms.

I hate gimmickmongery -- talking crap and using buzzwords to make something mediocre and unimportant appear exciting and cutting edge, especially if something important is ignored just because the lowest common denominator can't understand it. I hate sensationalism and cheap, meaningless entertainment with no real value -- such as this 'reality television' stuff that seems to be popular now.

I hate people who consider it too much effort to think and derive things for themselves.

Esther likes this.
  20. Aug 11, 2009 #20

suebeehoney

suebeehoney

suebeehoney

Here are mine....

1. People who don't do their jobs - or do them half-assed, leaving the next person in line to do it. I work 2 jobs, and have no time nor patience for having to clean up after the kid who worked the shift ahead of me because he was too lazy to finish his work. :mad::mad::mad:

2. Backstabbers and rumor-mongers. It absolutely amazes me that some workplaces can be such hotbeds of rumor activity and backstabbing. You can't use the bathroom without everyone knowing what you did in there, including consistency and color. (Ok, that's gross, but you get the idea.) A man can't even stop and talk to a woman at her desk, or carpool with her, or sit at the same lunch table ....because the rumors fly and all of a sudden, the rumor-mongers have the two of them having sex at lunch at the nearest hideaway. :doh:

3. Kids who are allowed to be disrespectful to their parents and other adults, or who refuse to listen to their parents - regardless of age. I was raised to respect adults, and have raised my children the same way. My kids would never even think of getting up in my face and screaming at me, back-talking, or refusing to do something that I asked them to do. As I get older, I find that I'm becoming less and less tolerant of disrespectful behavior from kids.

4. Eggshells in food. I don't know why it is, call it luck, I guess, but if I buy an Egg McMuffin, I will inevitably get an eggshell in my sandwich. Same goes for egg salad sandwiches, or even the chopped hardboiled eggs on the salad bar at work. If I bite into anything containing egg and hear/feel that CRUNCH between my teeth, I'm done - I won't be able to eat the rest of my meal. It almost makes me physically ill.

5. People who don't follow through on promises to kids. This is a big one for me. If you make a promise to a child, keep it - or don't be surprised when the kid resents you later and treats any future promises with skepticism. If you're not sure you can keep the promise, don't make it.

Esther likes this.