Pet Peeves!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm not sure if I find this amusing or annoying, but people who start talking to you only to lose complete interest as soon as they find out you have a partner/are a lesbian/are asexual/are not interested in them etc etc. I find it dryly amusing but at the same time it makes me worry for the state of the world when people are only interested in talking to another person because they think they will get some sort of romantic or sexual benefit from it. It's even worse when they try and disguise it as friendliness when they have absolutely no desire to actually be your friend. That is just... dishonest.

bigmac

People being rude to me when I am only being concerned or trying to help and am being polite.

People treating me like an idiot that knows nothing just because I am young and female. I'm young, female and graduated top of the whole school of biology at my uni and won every single academic prize available to me. Surprisingly, I do actually know a thing or two about biology and the way animal - and human! - bodies work.
For reasons I can't comprehend some guys have a problem dealing with smart women. Personally I think smart women are freakin hot (I married one).

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
For reasons I can't comprehend some guys have a problem dealing with smart women. Personally I think smart women are freakin hot (I married one).
I guess they find us intimidating maybe? Hehe, from the sounds on it, you have good taste, sir! :happy:

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
The person who let his dog shit on my lawn has realy pushed it too far by letting it shit on my pathway.
I have ZERO tolerance for this SHIT hehe...I am a city dweller that ALWAYS picks up my pooches POOP...fuckn morons that think they are above this...:mad:

likeitmatters

happiness as finally come
when someone says cool or qurl or basically over and over and over and when someone responds in a one word sentence.

when that happens I stop talking to them. :mad:

Librarygirl

The fact that every time I start having a significant or interesting (read flirty or personal) conversation in my workplace, despite the fact I've seen hardly anyone for hours, random volunteers and colleagues feel a sudden need to be in the same room. Can no one take a hint?!! If I see you having a big chat or a giggle I stay away! Why are there so many random unexpected people everywhere?

The fact that a combination of an incipient migraine and nervousness renders me giggly and unable to say anything intelligent. Note to self: Nearly being sick with laughter is BAD.

It is cold and yet I have hay fever. This is wrong!

BearHug2013

Hometown loyalty!!!!!
I live in St. Louis but....Cardinals suck, Rams suck, Blues really suck. Yet I always get flack for rooting against our own crappy teams....
:doh::mad::doh:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
People who just make sarcastic faces or treat you like you are an idiot because they don't agree with you instead of just coming out and stating their opinions. What, am I supposed be a mind reader and know what you are trying to say with your bitchy little non-comments?

Paquito

don't July to me
Hometown loyalty!!!!!
I live in St. Louis but....Cardinals suck, Rams suck, Blues really suck. Yet I always get flack for rooting against our own crappy teams....
:doh::mad::doh:
Well at least you still have gratuitous use of emoticons.
:kiss2:

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
One of my favorite BHMs from this here board...I have known for 7 years has gone from 550--->current weight of 185...seeing him Saturday...not sure how I will respond as 2 summers ago when I last saw him he was 550!!!

Another BHM from this here board went from 380---->190....was supposed to meet him in DC tonite for FIREWORKS...but that's not happening....

and the last BHM from this board went from PHANTASY to REALITY....
was 215--->280 currently growing :p will be seeing him in the flesh for the FIRST TIME ever Labor Day Weekend
:D

JulieD

People who just make sarcastic faces or treat you like you are an idiot because they don't agree with you instead of just coming out and stating their opinions. What, am I supposed be a mind reader and know what you are trying to say with your bitchy little non-comments?
You should ask them if they are feeling alright and then ask if they need to poop...sarcastic faces and constipated faces are very similar.

JulieD

when someone says cool or qurl or basically over and over and over and when someone responds in a one word sentence.

when that happens I stop talking to them. :mad:
Cool...:D

Seriously, im surprised it took this long for someone to say it

sophie lou

I hate people who are fake and use other people. People who call themselves friends take what they can and then just leave you until the next time they want something

Latest posts