Pet Peeves!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

meangreen

Whenever I answer the phone and there is nothing on the other line, just silence, and then a click noise.:doh:

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum
Whenever I answer the phone and there is nothing on the other line, just silence, and then a click noise.:doh:

3 options:

Either telemarketers (we had some telemarketers in our area who used auto-dialers and it led to a lot of hangups... It is, by the way, a nuisance call and illegal.)

Or psychotic ex,

Or psychotic boyfriend of psychotic ex.

So which is it?

meangreen

Probably telemarketers, they always call at the most annoying times too lol

Rojodi

1. Rude young people sitting in the seats on the bus set aside for the elderly and handicapped, and REFUSING to give them up when one comes on. Dumbasses, get off your lazy asses and give them up!

2. People asking me questions when I have my iPod on, then get rude when I ignore them. Hey, I can't hear you! I have them on for a reason: I want to be left alone!

3. Yes, it's a Nook. Yes, I do love to read. Yes, it is expensive, but I'm saving money on the books I'd otherwise purchase. Yes, if I bought a book I could donate it to a library when I'm done with it. And no, you can't borrow it.

4. Yes, I'll be back to get flowers for my wife this week because she's having a bad few weeks. I'm not paying $8.99/dozen for carnations today when they'll be $5.99 or less tomorrow. It's just February 14th for God's sake, not a Federal holiday.

AsianXL

It horrifies me how bad it is. Why though?

I was rear-ended last year very badly by a fellow with a Chinese driver's license. He didn't see me at all. :( He didn't know how to call the ambulance and he hardly spoke ANY English.
Chinese immigrants new to Canada aren't accustom to driving back home, though they may have had their licenses there, it's commonplace to have chauffeurs to drive them around. Another reason is that, most Chinese immigrants new to Canada didn't learn to drive at a young age, now that they've moved to a new country, older and is needed to learn to drive daily, they have problems developing the proper set of skills to drive efficiently and effectively on the road. It doesn't take Einstein to pass a ICBC road test neither, as a matter of fact, it wasn't too long ago when news broke out about people tipping off ICBC examiners to turn a blind eye on their road test.

Look around you in Vancouver, more than half the population are Asians, and about 1/3 of it are Chinese and can speak their mother language, in an environment like that, people tend to not feel the need to assimilate into Canadian culture. That's why sometimes I hate my own people, and wish Vancouver didn't have so many Asians.. LOL

Sorry for hijacking this thread, and I hope you're OK now from your car accident.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Chinese immigrants new to Canada aren't accustom to driving back home, though they may have had their licenses there, it's commonplace to have chauffeurs to drive them around. Another reason is that, most Chinese immigrants new to Canada didn't learn to drive at a young age, now that they've moved to a new country, older and is needed to learn to drive daily, they have problems developing the proper set of skills to drive efficiently and effectively on the road. It doesn't take Einstein to pass a ICBC road test neither, as a matter of fact, it wasn't too long ago when news broke out about people tipping off ICBC examiners to turn a blind eye on their road test.

Look around you in Vancouver, more than half the population are Asians, and about 1/3 of it are Chinese and can speak their mother language, in an environment like that, people tend to not feel the need to assimilate into Canadian culture. That's why sometimes I hate my own people, and wish Vancouver didn't have so many Asians.. LOL

Sorry for hijacking this thread, and I hope you're OK now from your car accident.
Dude. I hate that the stereotype is so correct here. Haha. I'm a born and raised Vancouverite and it seems to just get worse and worse. The majority of the 'bad' drivers seem to be relatively new Canadians though, so of course it's not all Chinese. My Chinese friends feel the same way you do about things and we talk about it all the time.

Ah, Vancouver. Beautiful but hellish to drive in. :)

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
When someone is offended by something, and their immediate response is to prevent people from discussing the thing that offends them without any reason.

No. If I'm offended by something, or if I'm offending you with something, I expect us to actually talk about why it's offensive and try to correct the situation. Trying to get people to stop talking just because you don't agree or are offended is the opposite of making progress. It's rediculous and dumb.

imfree

In Remembrance
My pet Peavey is getting shocked from the speaker circuit of a big amp!

When we tested one at the radio shop in '98, I actually drove one with a 60hz tone, channels out of phase, and ran a 1500 watt heat gun off the speaker terminals!

View attachment Peavey PV 2000.jpg

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Some slang words annoy the crap out of me, especially when they're childlike.

hubby or hubs

sammy for sandwich

tummy

potty

brekkie for breakfast

:doh:

bigmac

It always annoys the hell out of me when I'm in line at some fast food place and the guy in front of me can't figure out what to order.

The menu hasn't changed in years and you've been there hundreds of times so my the hell is it taking you five minutes to figure out what to order?

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
For me it's those groups of people that walk in a horizontal line, just long enough to block enough of the hallway so that no one can get by, and walk at a snail's pace, occasionally stopping to talk >.< SOME PEOPLE HAVE PLACES TO GO.

coriander

Fudge Nugget.
For me it's those groups of people that walk in a horizontal line, just long enough to block enough of the hallway so that no one can get by, and walk at a snail's pace, occasionally stopping to talk >.< SOME PEOPLE HAVE PLACES TO GO.
This. THIS!!! :doh:

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
when women talk like little kids. NOT. SEXY.

when people come to an almost complete stop to make a right hand turn.

when your table cannot decide what to order and you ask if they'd like another minute or two to decide and they say no and then sit there for another five minutes minutes undecided. you are not my only table!!!

when people get all indignant for not anticipating an unusual/ridiculous request: "um, EXCUSE ME, but where's the ketchup for my prime rib?!"

when a table asks for something every time they see me. you'd like a coffee? would anyone else like a coffee? ok, here's you're coffee. oh, now you want a coffee too? even though i just asked if anyone else would like a coffee 30 seconds ago? sure, lemme make another trip for coffee. can i get you anything else while i'm getting it? no? ok, here's your other coffee. you dropped your knife and need a new one? for what? your meal is over. ok, lemme make another trip to go get you a knife you don't need...

when someone from one table interrupts me speaking to another table to ask for something. just plain rude. seriously, were you raised in a shack? you can't wait a minute and a half to ask for a second sour cream for your baked potato that hasn't even come out yet?!?!

when people complain about the doneness of steaks when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. sure, i can take that back but all that's going to get accomplished is wasting my time as i have to argue with the cooks to make another steak that is going to take at least another 10 minutes to make, meanwhile everyone else at your table is going to be finished eating and have to sit and wait for you because you are a ra-tard. FYI, if your steak is red inside IT IS NOT WELL DONE!!!

^^^normally i just have it out with the cooks but last night i totally just gave it back to a customer and told her to look again, lol. this woman ordered a filet mignon cooked to medium. when i asked how her meal was she told me she wanted to send back her steak since it was obviously well done and handed me her plate. i took a look at the filet that was if anything undercooked and was completely rare. i just set it down back in front of her, told her that the lighting is bad and that she should take another look and walked away, lol. i think i need a vacation.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
when women talk like little kids. NOT. SEXY.

when your table cannot decide what to order and you ask if they'd like another minute or two to decide and they say no and then sit there for another five minutes minutes undecided. you are not my only table!!!

when people get all indignant for not anticipating an unusual/ridiculous request: "um, EXCUSE ME, but where's the ketchup for my prime rib?!"

when a table asks for something every time they see me. you'd like a coffee? would anyone else like a coffee? ok, here's you're coffee. oh, now you want a coffee too? even though i just asked if anyone else would like a coffee 30 seconds ago? sure, lemme make another trip for coffee. can i get you anything else while i'm getting it? no? ok, here's your other coffee. you dropped your knife and need a new one? for what? your meal is over. ok, lemme make another trip to go get you a knife you don't need...

when someone from one table interrupts me speaking to another table to ask for something. just plain rude. seriously, were you raised in a shack? you can't wait a minute and a half to ask for a second sour cream for your baked potato that hasn't even come out yet?!?!

when people complain about the doneness of steaks when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. sure, i can take that back but all that's going to get accomplished is wasting my time as i have to argue with the cooks to make another steak that is going to take at least another 10 minutes to make, meanwhile everyone else at your table is going to be finished eating and have to sit and wait for you because you are a ra-tard. FYI, if your steak is red inside IT IS NOT WELL DONE!!!

^^^normally i just have it out with the cooks but last night i totally just gave it back to a customer and told her to look again, lol. this woman ordered a filet mignon cooked to medium. when i asked how her meal was she told me she wanted to send back her steak since it was obviously well done and handed me her plate. i took a look at the filet that was if anything undercooked and was completely rare. i just set it down back in front of her, told her that the lighting is bad and that she should take another look and walked away, lol. i think i need a vacation.

Haha. Someone woke up on the bitchy side of the bed.

I approve. ;)

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
Yeah, god damn those people who don't just turn right without paying attention to anything else going on and don't just accelerate through every turn.

djudex

I'm out
Yeah, god damn those people who don't just turn right without paying attention to anything else going on and don't just accelerate through every turn.
Pet peeve: When I can't rep someone I want to because I have to spread rep around. Fuck you rep system, I don't want to be egalitarian, I want to be elitist and stuck up when it comes to doling reputation.

vinarian

Crazy Person
Rude people...

I mean seiously, is it really that hard to be polite? Especially to your waitress\waiter! I mean, this person is bringing you food, the nicer you are, the better service you get - don't f!ck with my food!

People that get pissed off and try to argue their way out of a traffic ticket, seriously people getting the officer pissed off at you is a great way to make him nicely give you a break.

People that bring 100 items to the 10 item or less line because 'I'm really in a hurry' - so am I!

Latest posts