Quantcast

Physical & Mental Health During COVID-19

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LJ Rock

As difficult as these times have been for all of us, I consider myself to be very blessed in many ways. I'm blessed to live in an area where I am able to go outside and take walks with my dog, getting fresh air and exercise, and still able to socially distance from folks, and I'm blessed to have access to healthy food choices, because I know that is not the case for many of my compatriots around the country. I also feel fortunate to have access to both medical and mental care through telemed/telepsych appointments. Both have been crucially helpful for me.

Aside from those things, I think taking the time to be grateful for what I have and for the people in my life, the health of my family, and taking some time to do things that are meaningful and important to me (spending time talking to loved ones, catching up on reading, writing, creating art, etc.) helps to give some peace of mind and make the crazy world we're living in feel a little more sane.

I have to say too that I think the practice of social distancing, wearing masks and being extra vigilant about personal hygiene has done a lot to help me feel like I am taking care of myself and staving off some germs that might normally cause me to get a little cold bug. I pray that I am able to continue to stave off illness, and I pray the same for all of you as well!

Be healthy and stay safe out there, all!!

Pattie Vincent

As difficult as these times have been for all of us, I consider myself to be very blessed in many ways. I'm blessed to live in an area where I am able to go outside and take walks with my dog, getting fresh air and exercise, and still able to socially distance from folks, and I'm blessed to have access to healthy food choices, because I know that is not the case for many of my compatriots around the country. I also feel fortunate to have access to both medical and mental care through telemed/telepsych appointments. Both have been crucially helpful for me.

Aside from those things, I think taking the time to be grateful for what I have and for the people in my life, the health of my family, and taking some time to do things that are meaningful and important to me (spending time talking to loved ones, catching up on reading, writing, creating art, etc.) helps to give some peace of mind and make the crazy world we're living in feel a little more sane.

I have to say too that I think the practice of social distancing, wearing masks and being extra vigilant about personal hygiene has done a lot to help me feel like I am taking care of myself and staving off some germs that might normally cause me to get a little cold bug. I pray that I am able to continue to stave off illness, and I pray the same for all of you as well!

Be healthy and stay safe out there, all!!
That's great to hear. I also agree with you regarding social distancing, wearing of masks, and personal hygiene, been doing it too

lonerolling

I stay home most of the time and wear masks whenever I go out. With my mental health, I make sure that I talk to friends and family even through video chats. I also do yoga and meditation

Latest posts