please helP!!!! LCD / PLASMA / HDTV

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
I am lost....i have Sony Wega 46" that the Lamp went out in....and i have 3 tv guys estimates of $275=$280....that' a lot of dough to me...

i googled the hell outta this...and found vids of how to replace the lamp..BUT NOT HOW TO ACCESS it :doh:

I can't decide to fix it and invest what might be 1/2 -1/3 of the pymt for a NEW TV...currently looking at best buys tomorrow ads...and see

46" Class LCD HDTV 1080 resolution,120 hz referesh rate,4 HDMI+PC connections, Energy Star---$787.99...which seem reasonable

ANYBODY with any knowledge, experience or know-how....replies WELCOME...

evilvampire

I am lost....i have Sony Wega 46" that the Lamp went out in....and i have 3 tv guys estimates of $275=$280....that' a lot of dough to me...

i googled the hell outta this...and found vids of how to replace the lamp..BUT NOT HOW TO ACCESS it :doh:

I can't decide to fix it and invest what might be 1/2 -1/3 of the pymt for a NEW TV...currently looking at best buys tomorrow ads...and see

46" Class LCD HDTV 1080 resolution,120 hz referesh rate,4 HDMI+PC connections, Energy Star---$787.99...which seem reasonable

ANYBODY with any knowledge, experience or know-how....replies WELCOME...
Just giving you my .02 I have a 46" Samsung 1080P LCD. I loved it so much I bought a Samsung computer monitor as well. Picture is nice. I have always bneen a firm believer of you get what you pay for. Mine was more money than the Energy Star but couldnt say if mine was better or not. I know when I purchased mine I logged onto my Consumer Reports account and looked at every single tv and which was rated the best in multiple catagories. At the time the Samsung was rated #1... you might want to research that first if you are curious. if you simply just want an inexpensive tv I know Walmart has good deals as well.... gooodluck in your search...

FreekiTiki

What type of WEGA? That is usually a high end TV, and not as easily replace with a cheapie. FWIW the Insignia brand at Best Buy is usually made by LG and a better deal than the comparable LG. Here is some advice when looking at house brand TVs. The onscreen menus are the same, so if you look at something like an insignia and then at other major manufacturers tv, you will be able to see who made it. They don't change that stuff, too costly on a "bargain" tv. One other thing to consider when looking at large TVs is how will you transport it. You do NOT want to lay big LCD/Plasmas on their side, and the boxes for these TVS are quite tall.

I have a 50" Insignia Plasma that saved me $600 over the LG plasma. Same TV.
Just my $.02

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
Just giving you my .02 I have a 46" Samsung 1080P LCD. I loved it so much I bought a Samsung computer monitor as well. Picture is nice. I have always bneen a firm believer of you get what you pay for. Mine was more money than the Energy Star but couldnt say if mine was better or not. I know when I purchased mine I logged onto my Consumer Reports account and looked at every single tv and which was rated the best in multiple catagories. At the time the Samsung was rated #1... you might want to research that first if you are curious. if you simply just want an inexpensive tv I know Walmart has good deals as well.... gooodluck in your search...
What type of WEGA? That is usually a high end TV, and not as easily replace with a cheapie. FWIW the Insignia brand at Best Buy is usually made by LG and a better deal than the comparable LG. Here is some advice when looking at house brand TVs. The onscreen menus are the same, so if you look at something like an insignia and then at other major manufacturers tv, you will be able to see who made it. They don't change that stuff, too costly on a "bargain" tv. One other thing to consider when looking at large TVs is how will you transport it. You do NOT want to lay big LCD/Plasmas on their side, and the boxes for these TVS are quite tall.

I have a 50" Insignia Plasma that saved me $600 over the LG plasma. Same TV.
Just my $.02
I appreciate both of your responses..and FAST!!! I am actually shocked to see how much WALMART stocks....now I am wondering what this means

•VUDU Internet-connected — Watch movies instantly??

i see plenty of name brands...the vIZIO which i see everywhere also have this VUDU

Latest posts