Quantcast

Plus size performers

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

RVGleason

So i noticed, and i was getting blissfully lost. Had to pull myself out to finish the in-progress Shirley Goodman post, then move on. So many nice xylophone tunes to which to look forward!
What I really like about the Teddy Brown videos is that it looks like he was quite comfortable with his size and he appears to have been well liked.

1599019484971.jpeg
1599019511723.jpeg

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
What I really like about the Teddy Brown videos is that it looks like he was quite comfortable with his size and he appears to have been well liked.

View attachment 137179
View attachment 137180
Agreed. Seems like he was so comfortable that he or someone in decision-making capacity when the films were shot intentionally picked angles showing off his body’s dimensions. For anyone into BHM bodies who hasn’t already checked out any of the videos, odds are you’ll find doing so worthwhile. He’s radiating confidence in his corpulence.

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
I like the caricature of Teddy Brown seen in the ‘Elstree Calling’ clip, it really emphasizes his rotundity.

View attachment 137182
Yes, and very art deco in styling (which makes sense given the time frame in which it was created). What i’m unclear about is the steam or smoke coming out of his (caricature’s) head. I can’t imagine this was meant to indicate that he was a hothead, as in short-tempered, but i can’t think of any other interpretation. Strange, nice effect, whatever it is.

I’ve heard they often called the music Hot Jazz, so maybe there’s some connection there.

Ilegalpat

I am not sure she has been mentioned. But, Ashley Fink has been in a few things.

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Ann Wilson
(Heart -- one of my all-time favorite bands).

She was given such grief over her weight in the mid-to-late '80s that she would sometimes have panic attacks prior to going on stage.

This is a snippet of a longer interview in which she talks about the inspiration for their song, "Barracuda."

2016 performance of the song:

2010 performance of "Straight On:"

Last edited:

Latest posts