• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Plus Size TTC, Infertility, and Pregnancy

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seavixen

Ditz Extraordinaire
Some of you who've been around for ages know that I got married in my early 20s and was with my ex for 12 years. You may also know that, in my 20s, I was diagnosed with complex endometrial hyperplasia with atypical cells and thought I was going to need a hysterectomy. I never got pregnant during my marriage, although I wanted children very much when I was young, and that turned out to be a blessing, since I ultimately divorced and cut ties with my ex. I remarried in 2019, having lost lots of weight, and, at the age of 37, started regretting not trying to have kids again. My husband is an amazing dad and my stepkids are wonderful.

By the time we decided to just give it a shot, I'd gained back like 50lbs from switching jobs and lifestyle changes that came with it, so I was far from at the top of my health game. We didn't do any fertility treatments or anything; I just wanted to give myself a chance to conceive naturally if it was meant to be. Just to have no regrets, you know?

I had my last period in April after stopping provera at the end of January. I didn't believe I was pregnant, and expected to miscarry. I wouldn't let anyone announce anything until I was past 20 weeks. My son was born on January 23, 2021, when I was 38 years old and up 100+lbs from my lowest weight, which was still over 200lbs. (I think I hit like 360, I don't even know.)

I just wanted to share that, for anyone who's going through something like I did, it can happen. Also, I had zero complications throughout my pregnancy despite being big and old. No diabetes, no high blood pressure, nothing. I think it confused the doctors and nurses but whatevs!

Size is NOT a limit and it is not a death sentence. We can be healthy, we can both have and care for families, and we can flourish.

Latest posts

Back