Plus sized centric episodes or story elements in television or films.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
It's a shame when we have to face stereotypes in media, but also it's also a shame when a production just arises on mainstream media and we the fat condemned it by the same standard we condemned mainstream media that made a mockery of us.

This is the case of a wonderful TV show titled babes. I just loved it but the criticism made to shorten it's life to only 28 episodes.

I still miss it so much that I have tried to find on DVD but it was impossible to find.

I remember I had a crush on the late Susan Peretz.

View attachment 139204

I remember this show and being a young girl who was chubby, this sort of representation on tv was very important. It's so unfortunate it didn't last long. All three of those actresses are so beautiful!

Anyway - found a couple episodes on YouTube:

Colonial Warrior

I remember this show and being a young girl who was chubby, this sort of representation on tv was very important. It's so unfortunate it didn't last long. All three of those actresses are so beautiful!

Anyway - found a couple episodes on YouTube:
I have found those two. I have them in a playlist! I just have tried to found the show on DVD but sadly it was a fruitless search. :(

mal57

The late actress Yvette Wilson in this scene from Friday!

Great movie but I always hated this scene. Both Tucker and Cube had been in Hollywood too long... Imagine a couple of round-the-way dudes in South Central thinking this girl is too big. They act like she's 500 pounds, meanwhile she's probably smaller than the average woman in their neighborhood.

GordoNegro

NYC 5 boros...Barclays Center/Juniors/Coney Island
Great movie but I always hated this scene. Both Tucker and Cube had been in Hollywood too long... Imagine a couple of round-the-way dudes in South Central thinking this girl is too big. They act like she's 500 pounds, meanwhile she's probably smaller than the average woman in their neighborhood.
Considering it was before the "Thick Chicks Movement" and around the time of Jamie Foxx' 'In Living Color' spoof "Baby Got Snacks", Cracking on her "Poetic Justice" Janet Jackson for looking like Freddie Jackson when Y. Wilson (RIP) braid cap came off doesn't seem that far off.

Latest posts