Plus sized centric episodes or story elements in television or films.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

FattenUpForMe

Just Shoot Me
"Dial N For Murder"
The A-plot is an elderly woman dating Finch, the assistant, and him being torn between enjoying it and being horrified by it.

The way more interesting B-plot is the usual main character, fashion magazine jounalist Mina, realises that her 1 episode love interest is a chubby chaser. She "realises" this because of his unsubtle attempts to fatten her up secretly...ish. He has a four foot diameter wheel of cheese delivered to her at work and, when they eat out, he physically pushes spoonfuls of dessert into her mouth. He must be somehow at least a little bit charming, since his ex is a fairly attractive ssbbw. And it has apparently worked on Mina for a long time, too, despite the lack of even an attempt at a fatsuit or anything, as she is apparently so fat now that buttons burst of her pants with enough force to fly across a room and embed themselves into solid wood. Eventually, she realises what a creep he is and dumps him. But not for secretly feeding her, just for suggesting that she should wear jogging pants.

op user

I just saw the first government ad on how to make masks -the same technique used by the Surgeon General.I am a nice person so I put it here. The ad with her is

If you see it from the beginning she shows her T-shirt at around 23'' into the clip and says yes it is a T-shirt that I wear not a sheet.

This ad was presented by a plus size comedian here and here. From Tuesday she would be on a re-run of a show that made her very popular where she stars with another big lady.

Last edited:

SneezeCheeze

Switched, a Japanese drama miniseries on Netflix
The key player here is Miu Tomita; she gives a solid performance, and she’s got looks to boot. Ironic given one of her character’s defining traits is supposed to be ugliness.
Switched trailer on youtube

LunaPlenus

DimensionsModel
I don't watch much TV. I just want to know about your thoughts. Maybe can we have a good talk in this thread!
Well, to be honest, I like seeing someone about my size on TV, but I hate how every plot point she is involved in revolves around her weight. She has no dimension as a character and it feels like they would write her out as soon as they get a chance. Seems like she's being featured less and less because they don't know what else to do with her but have her deal with her weight.

Well, to be honest, I like seeing someone about my size on TV, but I hate how every plot point she is involved in revolves around her weight. She has no dimension as a character and it feels like they would write her out as soon as they get a chance. Seems like she's being featured less and less because they don't know what else to do with her but have her deal with her weight.
Oh! I just know it! Unfortunately it's almost the same story in most of all I share.

When I was very younger, I wanted to be an actor to participate in sci fi movies and TV shows. Then I realized people of my size get very few chances of getting a role not related to their weight. Most of them only get the opportunity of being there only for a comic relief.

One of the few sci fi franchises that showed a fat person as a hero was the 1978 Battlestar Galactica.

In the classic BSG, there was a colonial warrior, Lt. Jolly played by the late Tony Swartz. He was not in any sense a comic relief there. It was one of the main reasons I choose to have the CW screen name.

3382dffeef9994003588b855406ade55.jpg

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
I just finished watching Gilmore Girls and the beautiful Melissa McCarthy as Sookie was an absolute delight. Love her. And her storyline never ever focused on her weight, I don't think it was ever even mentioned.