Positive changes in BHM portrayal in the media

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Admittedly, I've been toying with the idea of staying at the Goring on my next business trip to London ever since the first article. It would mean paying a considerable surcharge to the rate covered by my travel expenses - but done with some weeks planning time, it's not totally insane.

Just for the fun of watching this SSBHM work - because if even a journalist from the fat-bashing DailyFail falls for him.... ;)

P.S. Also agree regarding Her Majesty - Britain will lose a lot once she passes.

Oh my gosh, if you do you have to give us all the details on what it is like there!

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Makes me proud to be british, seeing such a successful and stylish older SSBHM! So classy, I'd have stars in my eyes if I met him!

(Her Majesty isn't too bad either. ;) )

And so the story of Her Majesty and her favorite SSBHM comes to a close ..... with him attending her funeral.... 😢

My sincere condolences to all the UK-folk here on Dims - you lost a century-sized figure, no matter where you stand politically.
RIP Queen Elizabeth II

Angelette

Do fictional characters count? I fell in love with Gordie from Sword and Shield. I love how confident and sweet he is. My favorite male Pokemon trainer. Unrelated, but wasn't there a fictional BHM thread? I have a hard time finding it.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Ahhhh, great choice Angelette!! Gotta love Gordie. There's definitely a fictional BHM thread, that's really strange, not sure where it went.

FFAscinated

Just discovered this thread. HM QEII and BHM in the same sentence is immediate click-bate for me. I read the first article about the Goring's GM before reading Agouderia's post, and was quite struck by the resemblance to your Christopher in 525, my favorite character in all BHM fiction. Thank you for this, and for Christopher.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Do fictional characters count? I fell in love with Gordie from Sword and Shield. I love how confident and sweet he is. My favorite male Pokemon trainer. Unrelated, but wasn't there a fictional BHM thread? I have a hard time finding it.

@Angelette - on creating this thread, my intention was indeed to collect positive portrayals of real life SS/BHMs.

Fictional BHMs have been discussed here at length and on various threads - this is the main one if I'm correct:

Just discovered this thread. HM QEII and BHM in the same sentence is immediate click-bate for me. I read the first article about the Goring's GM before reading Agouderia's post, and was quite struck by the resemblance to your Christopher in 525, my favorite character in all BHM fiction. Thank you for this, and for Christopher.

Thank you so [email protected] - that is incredibly sweet!

On initially reading the first article about the Goring's "Big Dave" - it had left me totally speechless, how close this real life persona was to my entirely fictional "525"-Christopher.
Because the initial inspiration for writing my story had been a short local TV clip about a young baker who had revived his family business gaining a lot of weight in the process. Adding on the hotel framework was on a personal whim because long term family friends were struggling to find a succession solution for their small hotels at the time of the financial/Euro crisis.
So finding out that those random figments of my imagination added up to somebody very similar actually existing was a surreal experience.

Re-reading this thread after only - by Dims standards - relatively few years it once again struck me how much has changed over the past few years. And they definitely have not been "fat-friendly" - with the pandemic outlawing anything that is deemed "unhealthy".

Latest posts