Post an Old Music Video from "Back in the Day"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas – Bad to me - (written by Lennon and McCartney)
And then later, in 1968, minus Billy J. Kramer, The Dakotas did this:
Dakotas - The spider and the fly (UK freakbeat psych)

(No actual video for this song that i know of, so it’s a still of the record label. Apologies for breaking the intent of this thread.)

I never even heard this song one time until it came into KALX in 1989 on the Psychedelic Snarl compilation (Discogs listing) and i auditioned it and immediately aired it. Ah, the memories of watching the LP slowly spin as it aired, occasionally sharing flirty eyes with fellow DJ Velda Swank as she pulled music for her show. (Truthfully we were actually both enjoying the song more than any flirting going on.)

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
OK, here’s a legit actual music video, with especial current relevance. I didn’t make it through all 18 pages of past posts so this may be a dupe, but it’s not on the first 6 nor last 5, so here we go.

Devo’s introduction to the world: video of the original version of Jocko Homo. We start with one of poorer quality with the essential intro portion not on other currently-posted videos:

Once the actual music starts, you can switch to this better quality video (with stereo audio, sounds like from the record):

Note that they’re listed as being on Warner Bros., which they were and was probably who paid for the video, but this version of this song was originally a single released on their own Boojie Boy (sp?) label circa 1977, when some of us weren’t sure if they were a band or what they were.

Anybody besides me blown away by how very well their late 1970s fashion sense happens to fit squarely in with 2020 in-person get-togethers?

Latest posts