Quantcast

Post an Old Music Video from "Back in the Day"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Colonial Warrior

Because Steve Perry's voice always tugs at my heart.
I just remember I had the cassette tape of Frontiers. The music of Journey always brings me cool memories of the early 80s like video games, comic books and many other stuff of that time. Always loved the artwork for their albums! But this is a video thread and I wish to share this song. It was in my mind since early this morning!

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Obviously Barrett’s on the Dimensions DJ team. We should go to his house and party or something.

In addition to being a great song for many reasons, around the time it was new and several years thereafter, Cars was the unofficial theme of the KALX Ridefinder, that now exceedingly quaint service of the past whereby people would voice telephone in to get written down on a paper list offering or wanting (vehicular) rides various places. Then a DJ would read the listings over the air at 9 AM and 9 PM daily: first names and phone numbers. Fun times. I don’t think it was all that useful a service even by the 1980s, but it was fun to read over thematically-appropriate music.

Since we seem to be doing early 1980s New Wave and related, here’s another of my forever favorites:
Messages — Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
Pivotal to my life, in idiosyncratic ways that are difficult to explain succinctly. Played it for myself and on the radio countless times. Not until 5 minutes ago had i ever seen the video (i’m an aural person, not visual).

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Also often overlooked:
Promised You A Miracle — Simple Minds
KALX had a gold-predominant splatter rainbow colored PVC copy of the New Gold Dream album, with this song. Didn’t do the listeners any good, but very pretty to watch it slowly spin in the air studio.

(Yes, the song truly does start cold and hard like that.)

Latest posts