Post pictures of monkeys

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Dr. P Marshall

(BEB or other moderators please do not move this to the Lounge. If you read through the post, you will understand why I put this here.)

OK, so the Rep Whines thread has contained far too much whining and not nearly enough monkeys lately. Any pictures. Any monkeys.

I am putting this here on this board to up the BHM/FFA, but of course all of our Dims peeps from the Main Boards are encouraged to post. Pictures of monkeys make me very happy. :D Don’t let me down people.

Dr. P
The resident generous and bored megalomaniac

p.s. Thoughtful discussions about monkeys or pictures of them are also encouraged

LalaCity

Sniff..sniff...what's that I smell?
Here are some monkeys, plus a story:

Chunky monkeys put on diet at Japanese park

Tourists visiting the Ohama Park in the Japanese city of Osaka have hurled so many titbits to the resident troupe of monkeys that some are so obese they can hardly walk.

By Julian Ryall in Tokyo

Staff have placed signs around the park urging people not to feed the overweight monkeys

The park has 50 Macaca mulatta monkeys, which generally weigh up to 11 kg in the wild.

On a diet of crisps, bread and sweets provided by well-meaning visitors around a third of the monkeys are now overweight and the five leaders of the troupe tip the scales at more than 15 kg.

The heaviest male weighs over 29kg and does little more than shuffle around the 420-square-metre enclosure waiting for the next hand-out, according to park officials.

The monkeys have been put on a special low-fat diet and signs have been put around the enclosure asking visitors not to feed them.

But the park estimates that as many as 20 people every day ignore the request.

Questioned about when the baby monkeys are due to be born, one official said he had to explain that one roly-poly monkey was actually a male with a pot belly.

The city government is considering erecting a fence around the enclosure to stop people throwing more food to the already overweight beasts.

Dr. P Marshall

Oh, and Melian, I'm going to pretend I didn't see your comment that you hate monkeys in the interest of FFA solidarity.:p;)

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Oh, and Melian, I'm going to pretend I didn't see your comment that you hate monkeys in the interest of FFA solidarity.:p;)
I would rep you for your benevolence, but I am out of rep for today! Also, I think I've repped you too recently...

Latest posts

Group builder