Quantcast

post something good about where you live

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

wrenchboy

Please don't post a laundry list of things that you found on the Internet.
Tell us about something that you personally enjoy about living where you live .
I love living in Florida because of the heat all the bbws wear less clothing.
In Tampa the last time it snowed was in 1976. 1/2 inch and melted off by 10am.
The natives just about lost their minds!

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I live in the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains. There are secluded areas everywhere, as well as a lot of farmland, yet civilization is only a ten minute drive away. The air is clean, the people are really nice, there are lakes everywhere (there's one 40 feet outside my windows) and a lot of woods and wildlife. The winters can be kind of rough especially at the higher elevations but the highest mountain in PA is shorter the the lowest mountain in Colorado, so everything is relative LOL. I'm a NJ native and will always be a Jersey Girl, but I've been living here for 13 years and I love it.

Deacone

For Azeroth!
I live in Bristol in the UK. I think our rock and metal scene is on top form :D

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
Halifax has done a pretty good job of keeping its heritage intact compared to a lot of other towns I've been to. We have a couple of truly interesting landmarks (the Gibbet, a replica of a Guillotine used for executions up until the 1700's, and the Piece Hall, one of the only remaining 'Cloth Halls' in Europe.) as well as a lot of traditional Victorian and Edwardian architecture.

hots_towel

kind of a hard one for me, as im not a huge fan of SoCal. i guess i like that the mountains/desert arent too far.

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Blackpool is a completely crazy place, because of that there are always tonnes of crazy things happening.

Also it's on the west coast so it has awesome sunsets.

CPProp

Clockwork - wind me up
I live in a Loughborough village, which has both a river and a canal, which are great for long walks, boating and with pubs along the banks. It also has many old buildings date from the 17th & 18th century and Loughborough being a University town always has something happening somewhere.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Other people talk about the "cultural advantages" of a college town (i.e., football), but for me Norman's greatest charm is its wildlife (no, I don't mean the fraternities). Much of the area was originally forested, and many of the trees have been preserved, so we see birds of all kinds in our back yard. The squirrels do their version of Cirque de Soleil for us. In the warmer months, we put out a little dry cat food on the patio, and during the eveningss we get visits from assorted opossums, skunks, and raccoons. We have our regulars who return from year to year, and some of them bring their babies along in the spring to be introduced. It's pleasant to have neighbors of different species. :)

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
i like that it is warmer here in the winter. you can garden longer. it does get cold here, but rarely snows. when it does snow it is a big deal. growing up in the north you sometimes look down on snow...but since moving here and not having it every year...it makes you appreciate it more.

Blackjack_Jeeves

I'm a pepper, too...
I can honestly say the best part about where I currently live, aside from being close to where I grew up, is that it's typical of suburbanite living, but not. 40 miles one way, you're in the big city (Chicago). 20 miles the other way, it's all cornfields, which is more what I'm comfortable with. I love taking all the back roads to places, not because I get to drive fast, cuz I don't, but because sometimes you just forget there's anyone else around. I can deal with the congestion of city life, but I prefer the slow, quieter life. If only it was a bit cheaper to live in corn fields than in an apartment complex!

Marlayna

New York is truly the city that never sleeps. It's exciting and diverse.
I dislike traveling in general, but people come from all over the world to visit NYC, and I'm already here!;)

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
My city is in short driving distance of loads of good big cities, and we live in a border city, so it's very easy to visit the US from where I am.

Also... we have the St Lawrence River's edge across the whole city. So it makes for a lovely waterfront view for all major city festivals, and loads of beach-like fun activities.

TwilightStarr

Louisville, Ky better none to me and my friends as Lou-Evil! Given that nickname back in the day, when we had the most amazing local music scene!

A little place called Iroquois Park, where every now then you can go to the Amphitheater and see some great performances by Brandi Carlisle, Mumford & Sons, and lots of others!

And this year we had the first annual LouderThanLife with a line up including Korn, Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington, Limp Bizkit, Mastodon, Theory of a Deadman, Of Mice & Men, Pop Evil, Fuel, Thousand Foot Krutch, Nonpoint, Flaw, Kid Rock, Five Finger Death Punch, Papa Roach, A Day To Remember, Bring Me The Horizon, In This Moment, Hellyeah, Chiodos, Motionless In White, Nothing More, Butcher Babies, & lots more!!

MattB

Epicurean
I better answer this before it snows...

Football games on a summer night by the Canal are hard to beat, and I have a hiking trail literally across the street from me. Urban, with nature. Love it.

Ho Ho Tai

. . . though we did have some Republicans move in across the cul-de-sac. Had to set 'em straight on some of
my liberal positions, but they turned out to be pretty nice folks after all. That 'Minnesota nice' seeps into you,
like penetrating oil.

We have a townhouse in a northern suburb of Minneapolis. The swamp behind us is full of wildlife and green leaves.
It is comfortable and homey but we live for the weekends when we can spend some time in our Duluth condo
(retirement place, we hope). It is high on the hill, some 400' above Lake Superior. I grew up in Duluth and became
used to the Big Lake being my constant companion. I am including a picture, taken through the living room window.
I wish that you could come up for a visit. Some have.

Sorry about the scale. It's worth scanning side to side.

View attachment condo lake-4 9-04-11.jpg

Last edited:

penguin

Fnord
I like my neighbourhood, because it's quiet, safe, and has everything I need close by. We're only 20 or so minutes by car to the closest beach, which is a nice quiet one, low waves, low tourists.

I like my city because while it's a state capital, it's not as big as others, and it suits me fine.

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
I live in the smack-dab middle of Louisiana, and honestly, there's only one thing I like about it: the fact that sometimes at night, you can look up and see the stars clearly. Other than that, living here SUCKS. lol

Latest posts