Preference VS fetish.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
At the risk of repeating myself, my original post in this thread was not meant at all to start a fight or be malicious. It was an honest suggestion. Clearly, some of you disagree and that's fine.. you're all entitled to your opinion. My point was that our efforts would probably be spent elsewhere as this topic in particular has been discussed ad nauseum with no real decision made. That's all I was trying to say.

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
My point was that our efforts would probably be spent elsewhere as this topic in particular has been discussed ad nauseum with no real decision made.
Maybe a decision should be made. Maybe that's the point that was being pressed?

Password and possibly disclaimer. That appears to be some kind of loose consensus. Though it's obviously up to the administration.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Maybe a decision should be made. Maybe that's the point?
Yeah, I totally agree. The problem is that despite discussing this in various places across the board we remain unable to come to a decision because we seem to be separated into two very distinct groups. My suggestion was that maybe instead of continuing to beat a dead horse together, we could instead focus our energies on discussing this issue with a mod or Conrad, or both as they are the ones who make the final decisions anyway.

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
My suggestion was that maybe instead of continuing to beat a dead horse together, we could instead focus our energies on discussing this issue with a mod or Conrad, or both as they are the ones who make the final decisions anyway.
Well, it's an open forum. Conrad has weighed in sporadically. This is a discussion with Conrad and the mods, though not just with him and the mods.

It's all good.

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
Sorry, that is true. I should amend to say that you were insulting PEOPLE.
Nah just one.....and I took a bit of what you were saying as "insulting".....and?
Should I harass you now for the next 800 posts? Hell, he didn't even say anything "insulting" to you or about you.
He disagreed with someone.....as have you for the entire 30+ page thread.
Perhaps you need to get off your own high horse?

For Santa

elroycohen

Steampunk Psycho
Nah just one.....and I took a bit of what you were saying as "insulting".....and?
Should I harass you now for the next 800 posts? Hell, he didn't even say anything "insulting" to you or about you.
He disagreed with someone.....as have you for the entire 30+ page thread.
Perhaps you need to get off your own high horse?

For Santa
Funny how you’re quick to explain away Santa/Russ’s insulting comments to actual people, but you can’t seem to get over a harsh comment in one of Vader’s fictional stories directed at made up characters. No personal ax grinding going on there at all. :rolleyes:

LoveBHMS

default title
Funny how you’re quick to explain away Santa/Russ’s insulting comments to actual people, but you can’t seem to get over a harsh comment in one of Vader’s fictional stories directed at made up characters. No personal ax grinding going on there at all. :rolleyes:
Yes, exactly.

It's been more than clear all along this is nothing but a tagging contest to see who Dims 'really' belongs to and whose needs are more important. It's not about how the Library is destroying size acceptance. The mere fact that Sugar launched a personal attack on me and then starting whinging about how I was going off on tangents just proves it.

This business about a "disclaimer" that fiction really is fiction? Whatever, put it on there. Does anyone seriously believe that after that there will either be a massive uptick in size acceptance or that there won't be some new line of attack on the "fetish brigade".

What gets me is how the three fat people who posted that they like the humilation stories have been flat out ignored in favor of directing anger at Mollycoddles, Exile, thatgirl08, and me. None of you have even bothered engaging them or asking for futher input about why they want the Library here. Nobody gave a single shred of credence to a fat person's idea of just closing the window if you come upon a story you don't like. I guess fat people are only important when they agree with you.

Santaclear

User
Yes, exactly.

It's been more than clear all along this is nothing but a tagging contest to see who Dims 'really' belongs to and whose needs are more important. It's not about how the Library is destroying size acceptance. The mere fact that Sugar launched a personal attack on me and then starting whinging about how I was going off on tangents just proves it.

This business about a "disclaimer" that fiction really is fiction? Whatever, put it on there. Does anyone seriously believe that after that there will either be a massive uptick in size acceptance or that there won't be some new line of attack on the "fetish brigade".

What gets me is how the three fat people who posted that they like the humilation stories have been flat out ignored in favor of directing anger at Mollycoddles, Exile, thatgirl08, and me. None of you have even bothered engaging them or asking for futher input about why they want the Library here. Nobody gave a single shred of credence to a fat person's idea of just closing the window if you come upon a story you don't like. I guess fat people are only important when they agree with you.
Good day, Madam.

Archangel

Winged Author
*sigh*

Pours gasoline on himself and walks into towering inferno...

The library is pretty clearly marked. I know I'm not trying to offend anyone personally when I write stuff, but I also am not naive enough to think that I can know everyone situation. I can understand that people could be offended by stories that insult fat women, especially where this is seen as their safe haven from that sort of bs in real life.

I've been on this site in some form or another for 10 years, so this has been my safe haven too. Yeah, I can see the strange dichotomy between being a place of size acceptance and being a place where I can post wg fiction, sure. Historically, though that is what it's been.

If putting up a disclaimer about the library will help solve the problem of people feeling insulted/angry, I'm ok with that. If people want to push it out, though, I feel that they're also trying to push me out of a community that I've been a part of for years. I hope you can understand where that might make some of us feel like we have to be on the defensive.

I don't have all the answers, as I can see the other side of the fence too. I thought having them partitioned off was enough, but if not maybe there can be an open dialogue about what can be done without asking one side or the other to secede from the union.

Sits in a corner, waiting to get lynched...

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.
Why are people that HATE fat women allowed here? really I just don't get it. I don't have to point fingers you know who you are. and so does everyone else Go away already you are like a fly that won't die. And untill that fly goes away people, trap the fly in a window and ignore it till it dies. Get what I'm saying.

It cant live if it has nothing to live off of.

TraciJo67

I didn't see their posts. They are lost in the sea of people who, like me, feel that fat humiliation stories shouldn't be a mainstream part of a site that advertises itself to be about size acceptance. Had I seen the posts, though, it wouldn't have changed my stance. Some things aren't about catering to the whims of a minority. Some things should be about aligning goals so that they match the mission statement, so to speak. And some things go so far beyond the pale that it's point-blank ridiculous to dismiss concerns with "close the window if you come upon a story you don't like." When I saw your sense of outrage that pro-Ana sites were eliminated while pro-feeder sites were not, I understood more of where you are coming from. You think that any concession at all is taking something away from you. How about what is taken away from the people confronted by bigotry and fat hatred in the mainstream, and the last place they'd expect to see same is ... here?

You aren't a fat woman, LoveBHMS. As far as I know, you never have been. You don't know the least thing about the fat experience, and it incenses me to see you hiding under the banner of the poor, under-represented, marginalized fat people who have posted here. You don't care to hear what the people who disagree with you have to say, and clearly, you never have. To me, it seems that what upsets you the most is the notion that some of your cookies might get taken away. Fly that free speech banner, loudly and proudly, while ignoring the very real feelings of those of whom you claim to admire. You're missing something very, very important in the process, though.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Aren't the titles "Erotic Weight Gain" and "Unique Interests" with little descriptions of what type of story that particular sub forum has in it kind of it's own discliamer? If you don't want to read fiction stories about erotic weight gain and there's a section of the site titled that way.. wouldn't it make sense to just ignore it?

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Why are people that HATE fat women allowed here? really I just don't get it. I don't have to point fingers you know who you are. and so does everyone else Go away already you are like a fly that won't die. And untill that fly goes away people, trap the fly in a window and ignore it till it dies. Get what I'm saying.

It cant live if it has nothing to live off of.
This comment is so insulting it's not even funny. Everyone who has shit to say about LoveBHMs needs to get off their high horse. I realize she said some REALLY insulting shit but can every single person on this board say they haven't? Absolutely not. There is so much witch hunting, drama starting and gossiping about the members on this board by each other. NONE of you are above it. Why would she be here if she truly hated fat people? Answer me that. Instead of attacking valuable members of the community, maybe we should all focus our energy on people outside of it who really do hate us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts