Prejudice!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Dear Fat and Proud,

You remind me of a young lady I happened to noticed the other day walk into a local shopping center. It was an extremely cold and windy day. I was sitting in my car working up the courage to get out and face the maelstrom and fight to the door.

The young woman walked briskly by my car, I didn't even notice at first that she was a zaftig girl, she moved so pursposely. She was beautiful with copper brown shoulder length hair, a brown camel type short coat, matching brown gaucho pants and dark brown high heel boots. What really caught my attention was when she got close to the store front she began rapidly gesturing and vehemently posturing toward a young man who walked past her.

There was absolutely no question about the meaning of the hand gestures she was using toward the "kid" and the middle finger salutes she gave him. I could hear her yelling over the wind altho I couldn't make out particular words - she was mad as a wet cat and the kid was the cause. I honestly expected her to physically hurt him. Then she spun around, gracefully and yet still fully of angry power and stormed into the store. She kept looking back and watching where the kid went and continued to give him the single finger salute and yell at him until the automatic sliding doors closed behind her and separated them, her inside the store and him in the parking lot where I was.

Then I realized what had happened. They were strangers. As he walked past her, he had made a unmanly, ungentleman type wise crack about her being fat. The beaufitul young woman, knowing she was hot, knowing she was powerful, and knowing he was a total jerk decided to jump his scrawny ass right then and there - it was on. I think he was shocked, scared and totally out maneuvered. I applauded in my car and called "Bravo!" when I saw the light. Good for our side - it made my week. :bow: :bow: :bow:

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
William, is that you again?
i wish it were William. William made a lot of great points about how things worked for BHMs but nobody wanted to hear it. i miss him a lot. most weren't interested. maybe one day people will actually be willing to listen to BHMS instead of just feeling sorry for themselves and their own plight. but until the day they're actually fully and truly interested in ALL fat folk politically it probably won't happen.

I remember William comments - wonder if things would have been different now since we do have a BHM sub-forum....

I just want to say the world doesn't owe you anything.

You're fat. Deal with it. Accept it OR work toward what will truly make you happy. I'm fat and happy and I don't give a fuck if people admire my body. I still live my life and have wonderful friends that don't notice I'm 4x their size. And if they did notice my size? We can have an open discussion about it because I'm not shy ;) I'm fat, you're fat....now let's find some fat-centric people to slob all over our bodies and objectify us like we all desire ;) lol

That is a great attitude to have... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dear Fat and Proud,

You remind me of a young lady I happened to noticed the other day walk into a local shopping center. It was an extremely cold and windy day. I was sitting in my car working up the courage to get out and face the maelstrom and fight to the door.

The young woman walked briskly by my car, I didn't even notice at first that she was a zaftig girl, she moved so pursposely. She was beautiful with copper brown shoulder length hair, a brown camel type short coat, matching brown gaucho pants and dark brown high heel boots. What really caught my attention was when she got close to the store front she began rapidly gesturing and vehemently posturing toward a young man who walked past her.

There was absolutely no question about the meaning of the hand gestures she was using toward the "kid" and the middle finger salutes she gave him. I could hear her yelling over the wind altho I couldn't make out particular words - she was mad as a wet cat and the kid was the cause. I honestly expected her to physically hurt him. Then she spun around, gracefully and yet still fully of angry power and stormed into the store. She kept looking back and watching where the kid went and continued to give him the single finger salute and yell at him until the automatic sliding doors closed behind her and separated them, her inside the store and him in the parking lot where I was.

Then I realized what had happened. They were strangers. As he walked past her, he had made a unmanly, ungentleman type wise crack about her being fat. The beaufitul young woman, knowing she was hot, knowing she was powerful, and knowing he was a total jerk decided to jump his scrawny ass right then and there - it was on. I think he was shocked, scared and totally out maneuvered. I applauded in my car and called "Bravo!" when I saw the light. Good for our side - it made my week. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for sharing a great story

superodalisque

I remember William comments - wonder if things would have been different now since we do have a BHM sub-forum....
we had one then too. and even now it's not uncommon at all for people to post negative stuff about BHMs that would never be tolerated if said about BBWs. so no. the forum does not matter. actually it just makes them even more invisible. it just makes it easier for others not to give their plight any consideration at all.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
I guess I was lucky as a kid. My friends never treated me any differently even though I was bigger than them. I guess because of it I never felt uncomfortable in my own skin. Bottom line is.. fat or thin, if you are comfortable in your own skin, you really won't worry much about what others think.

Live life like popeye..."I am what I am."

brokemon

I'd imagine most of what we are talking about is anecdotal, but it's my perspective that big dudes have a much smoother ride here on planet earth than the dude-ettes. Living both in the South and more recently the North, a LOT of big boss men I've met are just that- giant dudes that are earning six figures. I myself am a big dude, and I've had a pretty easy go of it, and while I jokingly call it bigsploitation, in reality, it's big privilege. As a large human being I've been able to influence others and direct the conversation much easier than my smaller, more charismatic buddies. Maybe it's my sweet voice, but I think it's the white Shrek bodytype that commands attention.

Now again, anecdotally, as someone who's been dating larger since 16, the overwhelming majority of larger women I've know suffer from the fat ceiling. I've known a few nurses that do well, but I've also met talented designers and engineers that make less than their smaller peers, male and female. This is clearly bullcrap.

With all that said, the successful large people I've known, men and women, generally share confidence, enthusiasm, and drive. Perhaps we've gotta try a little harder than average folks, but we can still attain our goals.

Plus, everyone loves Santa! And that big dude from Mike and Molly! So we've got that going for us.

Marlayna

I think what makes life easier for both fat men and women, is if they were raised in a supportive atmosphere. Parents who tell you that you're wonderful and don't make an issue out of weight, have much happier kids.
If parents are anti-fat, and are demeaning to the child, with a love that's conditional upon what they weigh, there's a hard road ahead.
How they feel about you, molds how you feel about yourself. With a solid foundation of healthy self-esteem, society's prejudices are felt less.

Group builder