Project Runway 8: I Will Cut a Bitch

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Jes

is oddly aroused
Homework:

the following is a quote from one of the PR8 designers. It's possible it's viewable on some TLC site, but if you try to find it, I'll know and I will publically shame you. And also not share snacks.

Q. Which designer said that the first item of clothing s/he ever made was:
A mesh dress with ostrich feathers all around the hem.

A.?

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
Homework:

the following is a quote from one of the PR8 designers. It's possible it's viewable on some TLC site, but if you try to find it, I'll know and I will publically shame you. And also not share snacks.

Q. Which designer said that the first item of clothing s/he ever made was:
A mesh dress with ostrich feathers all around the hem.

A.?
I don't know...but that's just S-A-D.

indy500tchr

Jes

is oddly aroused
One of two things come to mind when I read this:

1. she's must have accidentally taken a drink of Heidi's water by mistake

2. that her other son is only 3 and I don't ever recall them sharing that she was prego before on any past seasons.
I'm trying really hard to remember if we ever saw her knocked up. Did we? It's possible that it happened when the show wasn't on for...a whole year? Remember that it took a year off? We might miss this baby bump too. The show was taped in June (and maaaabye very early July), and she was probably preggs then. So if they don't film 'til late spring, we won't see her bump.

Jes

is oddly aroused
I'm going with Casanova.
YOU ARE CORRECT, Sir.

Jane, I wish you'd have turned in your assignment. I was dying to know!

As one of the PR bloggers from a past season asked: If (his first dress) wasn't considered vulgar, I'd hate to think of what he DOES consider vulgar!

But I had to laugh when he looked into the camera and said: I can't make a dress out of ... this BULLSHIT! I mean, he had a point. He also had NO point b/c everyone else had to do the same, but still. Making an accessory out of balloons? That's kind of harsh.

I don't know where I come down on the judging. I guess the judges always vote against 'playing it safe.' Which is, I suppose, why Tim repeats that point again and again.

And i laughed out loud when everyone was laughing about wooly balls, which was good--since I spent most of the day crying!

Item! Jane, is your son still watching? I, personally, would like his input. I miss him. Please tell him so.

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
I'm like Ashley and I watch everything later than it actually airs since I DVR everything, so let me first make a comment about last week...So much for my rooting for Nick, he was booted off on the second episode! Every 'friend of a friend' I root for on a tv show seems to never last very long. :(
Why does everyone always go so gaga over a jumpsuit? Personally I think they're plain and ugly and make no one look good. The way they fawn over them you would think they were the best thing since sliced bread. I bet you could actually make a better outfit out of sliced bread plus it would be tasty too! And although it's not a croissant it would give me something to eat if I was on a train. :p
One of the designer's commented on Jason's 'A Clockwork Orange' hat last week and I laughed because that's what I'd been saying he reminded me of all along. Especially in the beginning of the show when I can never remember all of the contestants names I just give them nicknames like "A Clockwork Orange".

Now onto this weeks show!
First of all I just want to say how much I loved this challenge! I was curious to see what the designers would come up with and they did not disappoint. As I was looking around the store at all the party supplies I could not for the life of me imagine what I would use to make a decent outfit. I think this was one of the better challenges and everyone (most everyone) stepped up in a big way. I think they made some outfits that were better than when they had actual material to work with. :bow:
I loved when Tim was cracking up at the 'fuzzy balls'! I love Tim already but to see him let loose like that made me love him even more. He was laughing so much he had tears in his eyes!
Gretchen almost winning for the third time?! No freakin' way! Her outfit was OK but in my opinion there were others that were much better. If she would have won again I would have called shenanigans!
Kind of off topic but my friend who lives in my bldg. pointed out that two of the designers kind of look like two other people that live in our bldg. and I had to agree with her. Weird. :huh:

Ok, one more thing and then I swear I'm done rambling! If you read Marie Claire magazine you'll know that Tim Gunn has a new column called Gunn Laws that answers all you need to know about fashion and how to 'make it work'. This month's column is titled 'How To Make It In Fashion' and, as the article says, Tim tells you what makes him tick and what ticks him off.
A little bit of dishing and dissing from Tim Gunn!
http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/tips/what-to-wear/tim-gunn-book-gunns-golden-rules?click=main_sr

Jes

is oddly aroused

Jes

is oddly aroused
OOOH!!

Read this comment to Tim's post! I can tell there's quite the juicy story there. haahaha. Loves it!

And as for Padma... Help was asked for and then help was offered. The End. What kind of Karma (should you choose to believe in such things) would be bestowed upon someone who thinks so little of a work colleague that they can't invest the minuscule amount of time and effort required to find (in Manhattan of all places) a white elephant gift for their "good bye and good luck" leaving party? And instead offers up a re-gift that is inscribed very inappropriately and OBVIOUSLY for it's original recipient so that the public humiliation and embarrassment can be shared by all? It appears that only your time and effort and schedule is to be considered when the great Karmic wheel turns with its resounding clacks. Gunn you're a HOOT. And methinks you should brace yourself because, that resounding clack is headed your way.

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
YOU ARE CORRECT, Sir.

Jane, I wish you'd have turned in your assignment. I was dying to know!

As one of the PR bloggers from a past season asked: If (his first dress) wasn't considered vulgar, I'd hate to think of what he DOES consider vulgar!

But I had to laugh when he looked into the camera and said: I can't make a dress out of ... this BULLSHIT! I mean, he had a point. He also had NO point b/c everyone else had to do the same, but still. Making an accessory out of balloons? That's kind of harsh.

I don't know where I come down on the judging. I guess the judges always vote against 'playing it safe.' Which is, I suppose, why Tim repeats that point again and again.

And i laughed out loud when everyone was laughing about wooly balls, which was good--since I spent most of the day crying!

Item! Jane, is your son still watching? I, personally, would like his input. I miss him. Please tell him so.
I will tell him, but he's living with his girlfriend in Florida, and I don't know if she would enjoy his viewpoint, or look at him in horror.

(I think he's recording them on the DVR)

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
OOOH!!

Read this comment to Tim's post! I can tell there's quite the juicy story there. haahaha. Loves it!

And as for Padma... Help was asked for and then help was offered. The End. What kind of Karma (should you choose to believe in such things) would be bestowed upon someone who thinks so little of a work colleague that they can't invest the minuscule amount of time and effort required to find (in Manhattan of all places) a white elephant gift for their "good bye and good luck" leaving party? And instead offers up a re-gift that is inscribed very inappropriately and OBVIOUSLY for it's original recipient so that the public humiliation and embarrassment can be shared by all? It appears that only your time and effort and schedule is to be considered when the great Karmic wheel turns with its resounding clacks. Gunn you're a HOOT. And methinks you should brace yourself because, that resounding clack is headed your way.
Regifting an inscribed gift? OMG I LOVE IT!!!

Think I will order all my friends things inscribed "Jane, I hope this small token of my affection brings joy to you" next Christmas. OMG!!! (Okay, I would also get them something nice, but REALLY...when working for a doctor I was often given the stuff the drug companies left for her...I just got funny after a while.)

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
ZOMG! He really IS dishing! I just imagined him to be very gentlemanly and not the 'kiss and tell' type. But i'm liking what he's telling after the kissing! Good find. I'll put your extra credit points toward next week's homework assignment.
As soon as I saw the article I knew that you and the rest of the Project Runway fans here on Dims would like it. :happy:

Rowan

wickedly delicious
Honestly...hearing that about Padma, really doesnt surprise me.

I'm like Ashley and I watch everything later than it actually airs since I DVR everything, so let me first make a comment about last week...So much for my rooting for Nick, he was booted off on the second episode! Every 'friend of a friend' I root for on a tv show seems to never last very long. :(
Why does everyone always go so gaga over a jumpsuit? Personally I think they're plain and ugly and make no one look good. The way they fawn over them you would think they were the best thing since sliced bread. I bet you could actually make a better outfit out of sliced bread plus it would be tasty too! And although it's not a croissant it would give me something to eat if I was on a train. :p
One of the designer's commented on Jason's 'A Clockwork Orange' hat last week and I laughed because that's what I'd been saying he reminded me of all along. Especially in the beginning of the show when I can never remember all of the contestants names I just give them nicknames like "A Clockwork Orange".

Now onto this weeks show!
First of all I just want to say how much I loved this challenge! I was curious to see what the designers would come up with and they did not disappoint. As I was looking around the store at all the party supplies I could not for the life of me imagine what I would use to make a decent outfit. I think this was one of the better challenges and everyone (most everyone) stepped up in a big way. I think they made some outfits that were better than when they had actual material to work with. :bow:
I loved when Tim was cracking up at the 'fuzzy balls'! I love Tim already but to see him let loose like that made me love him even more. He was laughing so much he had tears in his eyes!
Gretchen almost winning for the third time?! No freakin' way! Her outfit was OK but in my opinion there were others that were much better. If she would have won again I would have called shenanigans!
Kind of off topic but my friend who lives in my bldg. pointed out that two of the designers kind of look like two other people that live in our bldg. and I had to agree with her. Weird. :huh:

Ok, one more thing and then I swear I'm done rambling! If you read Marie Claire magazine you'll know that Tim Gunn has a new column called Gunn Laws that answers all you need to know about fashion and how to 'make it work'. This month's column is titled 'How To Make It In Fashion' and, as the article says, Tim tells you what makes him tick and what ticks him off.
A little bit of dishing and dissing from Tim Gunn!
http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/tips/what-to-wear/tim-gunn-book-gunns-golden-rules?click=main_sr

Jes

is oddly aroused
Regifting an inscribed gift? OMG I LOVE IT!!!
.)
I KNOW! ANd wouldn't we all like to know just what happened there?! Looks like Mr. Gunn didn't take the high road in pt. 5 and it may have come back to bite him in the elegant ass!

I wonder who wrote that. Hmmn. I have to say, it doesn't seem like something he'd do. Not that I'm saying he didn't. It just strikes me that there is, perhaps, more of a story there.

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
I have to say, the last two seasons have had designers showing far more skills at this early point in the contest than in years past. I seem to remember visions of tacky crepe paper in the "whatever we shove down your throat/where's a 5&10 cent store when you need one" contest in seasons past. I may be just remembering the impression I had, however.

People may have had two hours to make their designs, but no pinned up hems, taped up hems, bulging seams or severely misfitting garments have paraded past us...well, except Clockwork Orange, and see where that got him. P.S. if your design ethic includes safety pins they better be great big gold ones. And the other designers actually helped Andy. THAT he should have noted to the judges.

Plus no one has spit on their cloth yet.

Jes

is oddly aroused
HOMEWORK:

Tim is always constructive in his criticism. I know that he's gonna just dump someone outta the boat this season, based on the promos. Don't know if that's tonight, but that is the subject of tonight's homework.

Who is Tim gonna just shut down during his workroom visit, tonight? Who is he going to give the 'THIS WORRIES ME' face? Will he perhaps crack out a 'THAT'S A LOTTA LOOK' on someone?

There may be more than one winner, of course.

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
HOMEWORK:

Tim is always constructive in his criticism. I know that he's gonna just dump someone outta the boat this season, based on the promos. Don't know if that's tonight, but that is the subject of tonight's homework.

Who is Tim gonna just shut down during his workroom visit, tonight? Who is he going to give the 'THIS WORRIES ME' face? Will he perhaps crack out a 'THAT'S A LOTTA LOOK' on someone?

There may be more than one winner, of course.
I was going to go with Casanova, but I feel like he might be too obvious.

I'll say Kristin.

Latest posts