Project Runway 8: I Will Cut a Bitch

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Jes

is oddly aroused
I was going to go with Casanova, but I feel like he might be too obvious.

I know, right? Him and his plush puppies. That's my new stripper name, btw. Look for me on the paysite soon! Mmm, please welcome to the stage Miss Plush PUPPIES!

Anyway, where was I? Oh. Michael. I'm thinking Michael.

But I do suspect Casanova will get another 'Where are you going with this garment?' session from Tim. And if he's bad, I hope he finally gets booted. I understand the need to keep the crazy characters, but I don't like it.

Jes

is oddly aroused
Ugh. Grechen. She's on my last black lesbian nerve, you know? I'm not sure why. I think it's likely that the producers are editing her to look know-it-all-er-ish, but...it's working. She seems rather affected when she speaks. Like she's playing judge. Look, lady--you're on the designer side of the runway and 'til Nina tells you to pull up a chair, you need to pipe down.

Homework answers tomorrow.

Paquito

don't July to me
Pretty irritated that all the designers think Michael didn't deserve the win. I liked it more than anyone else's. He got the perfect iridescent shade, and it looked really well made. I don't get the bitchiness from everyone.

I also didn't get why the designers all orgasmed over Christopher's design. I didn't mind the print, but the boots and leggings killed the look.

I didn't like Kristen's outfit, but I hated the diaper. Hated it. But Kristin was never great, so it's not exactly a loss. And she took it really well, I just don't think she's much of a competitive person for this environment.

And finally, will Ivy/Valerie ever actually win a challenge? Always one of them in the top, but never a winner.

Jes

is oddly aroused
I was thinking about this this morning. The light of day, and all. BUt the diaper, while not a briliant idea (white? ill fitting?) had a lot going for it according to the judges. Michael said that she was on the right track, with the 'resort wear' vibe. Heidi pointed out that she could've sent a little dress down the runway, but that she took a risk. Nina said the jacket was quite beautiful (or pretty, I don't recall). Tim, and the judges, always say: take a risk. Don't play it safe. It's a shame when they don't reward it. Lip service. I mean, I liked Casanova's dress. But it was plain, a bit boring, and not what the challenge was about. And it was '80s Donna Karan. The only plus is that it looked very beautifully made. But for all of that, he got to be in the middle and took no flack.

I think I agree with the Auf last night though. The dress was poorly conceived and poorly made. It was a hot mess.

BUt I also think Kristin got screwed with that hat. It was so literal. You would've needed to have a huge pang of inspiration to know what to do about it, and you just can't get that in 10 hours if it doesn't come right away.

I think I would've gone with the cardboard dress for the win, but I do see what the judges saw in Michael's.

crayola box

Just watched now. Personally I liked the corrugated top/orange skirt for the win, not because Michael's dress wasn't nice, it just didn't strike me as special.

Yeah Kristin's hat was hard, but black satin was so not the way to go so umm yeah bye.

-The diaper short was so puffy and yucky in the back

-I'm so ready for Peach to go home, her cuts are boring and her fabrics would make lovely bedspreads or drapes.

overall most of the designs this episode were underwhelming, not ugly, but not anything you can't already find somewhere in stores

Jes

is oddly aroused
-The diaper short was so puffy and yucky in the back
You know, maybe you shouldn't be so judgey--a *lot* of people have incontinence issues!

hahaha. I JEST.

welcome, Crayola! Make sure to do the homework next week; we want your input. I'm still grading this week's assignment. And bring enough crayons for the whole class.

(ps: I agree--I don't see any stand out anything this season so far. God, how I miss Christian).

Paquito

don't July to me
You know, maybe you shouldn't be so judgey--a *lot* of people have incontinence issues!

hahaha. I JEST.

welcome, Crayola! Make sure to do the homework next week; we want your input. I'm still grading this week's assignment. And bring enough crayons for the whole class.

(ps: I agree--I don't see any stand out anything this season so far. God, how I miss Christian).
See, I was thinking of that last night when I was thinking of who the standout is. Gretchen has won all but one of the elimination challenges, but I don't consider her to be the top competition or a huge threat. I just don't get a greatness vibe from her.

Oh Christian...

indy500tchr

I have the same sentiment....my favorite part of PR this year is...the 30 mins. after the show with Austin and Santino!

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
I find >>>fastforwarding to the runway restores my sanity.

Jes

is oddly aroused
All right, I have been remiss in grading assignments. My apologies. I...well, I get an A. I promise I'm not a ringer. I had no idea. AND I also didn't specify which Michael I went with. I suppose that's because one Michael is generally unmemorable, and the one I'm thinking of is the one we were all thinking of: the dark-haired little-bit-of-a-crybaby one.

That said, I'm giving Ashley a B, because Kristin DID get a 'Ahhh!' from Tim when she mentioned the cape/shrug/shawl thing she was planning.

Interestingly, Ashley's guess went home, and mine won, but both got some level of 'Whaaa?' from Tim. So, one never knows!

Paquito... well... better luck next time?

Now, for extra credit, can someone remind me who got a 'That's a lotta look!' from Tim? I'm pulling a blank.

Jes

is oddly aroused
It was Mondo with his crazy mixed prints, I think.
i'm gonna trust you're right, and award you an extra credit point. It'll give you a boost on the next assignment.

Jes

is oddly aroused
I have been spending almost every non-work minute cleaning my house or doing other unpleasant errands. Hence, our homework assignment tonight is very quick. It's a simple yes or no.

Will Mondo, at any point in tonight's 90-minute broadcast, for any reason, cry?

crayola box

That's what I should be doing- but I'm not, oh well thinking about it counts for something, right? :p

Hmm Mondo, well having seen no previews, my answer is no, no tears from him tonight.

LisaInNC

I am gonna say not only will he not cry tonight, but he will also win the challenge. Also, I think Gretchen accidentally sew her own lips shut and be eliminated for not being able to explain her outfit.

Jes

is oddly aroused
I am gonna say not only will he not cry tonight, but he will also win the challenge. .
That is a bold declaration and the fortune DOES smile on the bold. You may well be right!