PS3 vs. Wii

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

StridentDionysus

Señor Member
The PS3 has no good games and wont for year :/. Get a 360 if you want the HD part and a Wii if you want lots of minigames and stuff. It will cost as much as getting a PS3 anyway :p

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
The PS3 has no good games and wont for year

The PS3 certainly has a lot less triple A exclusive titles than the 360 but to say it doesn't have any good games and won't for a year isn't exactly true. Right now the big ones are Resistance (awesome game), Motorstorm and Ninja Gaiden. In the next couple of months there's Lair, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank (my personal favorite) and Haze.

UberAris

Dominus Ferrum
Personally, the games I'm looking foreward to are Guitar Hero 3, and "Band Hero" I'm a junkie for those games, no matter which system.

UberAris

Dominus Ferrum
nah, saving my cash for the up coming college semester, as much as I would like to though... tell me if there are any really cool songs

Mathias

SAMCRO
I'm intrested to see what Ninty's got planned after the big 3 come out.

Silversnake418

I'd go with the Wii man, PS3 is too expensive for most unless you have a ton of friends who have it then I'd go with the wii. Also by the time all the high tech stuff on the PS3 has been used to it's full potential the PS4, Xbox 720 and Nintendo unicorn will be out?

panhype

Apréslist
There is never been an official percentage or accurately researched failure rate. The 30% is just Internet guesswork. I'd been honestly surprised if it was that high and I don't think it would be hyped so much if it wasn't Microsoft. The Wii's overheating problems so far are being kept pretty quiet.

[...]

That reminds me, I still remember the hassle of calling Sony's helpline and having them deny anything was the matter with the PS1. Nevermind everyone I knew that had one had to turn the thing upside down to get it to read the game. Not to mention just about everything voided the warranty, from non-Sony memory cards to AV cables, and they wouldn't be responsible anyway even if there actually was a problem, which of course they said there was not. Good times, good times.

[...]

To Microsoft credit though, they are owning up to the problems and are offering a three year warranty. Personally I'm still on my first 360 which I've had over a year and a half now.

Ya well, y'know... :) You will NEVER get an official percentage rate. But those bad news had more substance than just being anti-fanboy blahfasel. I've seen those reports on the more serious German IT sites and according to those a few journalists/analysts talked to employees at BestBuy and other places and those various figures collected lead to the 30+ % return rate estimation. Then again, hands down, if i were in charge at Microsoft i would make bloody sure that these guys at BestBuy etc will keep their mouths shut now :D Anyhow, Microsoft dedicated additional $1 billion for those issues.

Sony OTOH has been widely acknowledged :D to have the worst customer service of all companies, be it computers, cameras or consoles. Their reputation, at least here, is so disastrous that people are wondering how they still can sell products :confused: I have heard such stories first-hand :eek:

Mathias

SAMCRO
Pikmin 3, new Donkey Kong Platformer, (Please God let that happen) Another "Crusin" game?

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
With Rare gone, I wouldn't hold my breath for a traditional DK platformer. Only more gimmick games like GC's DK Jungle Beat (beautiful game but controlling it with the drums was really irritating) and the upcoming DK Barrel Blast for the Wii. Having to control and power the racer by constantly pumping the Wiimote and nunchuck up and down is going to get old as well as tiring pretty damn fast.

I'd be all for another StarFox game but I'm not sure the Wii's control would be precise enough for that type of game.

A new Animal Crossing or Pikmin would not surprise me but I honestly don't think we will see many non causual games from the big N this generation. Project H.A.M.M.E.R and Disaster Day of Crisis are on indefinite old (which is a nice way of saying they are cancelled) and Sadness doesn't really exist outside of some concept pictures. I'm actually also getting kind of worried about the fate of Battalion Wars 2.

UberAris

Dominus Ferrum
With Rare gone, I wouldn't hold my breath for a traditional DK platformer. Only more gimmick games like GC's DK Jungle Beat (beautiful game but controlling it with the drums was really irritating) and the upcoming DK Barrel Blast for the Wii. Having to control and power the racer by constantly pumping the Wiimote and nunchuck up and down is going to get old as well as tiring pretty damn fast.

I'd be all for another StarFox game but I'm not sure the Wii's control would be precise enough for that type of game.

A new Animal Crossing or Pikmin would not surprise me but I honestly don't think we will see many non causual games from the big N this generation. Project H.A.M.M.E.R and Disaster Day of Crisis are on indefinite old (which is a nice way of saying they are cancelled) and Sadness doesn't really exist outside of some concept pictures. I'm actually also getting kind of worried about the fate of Battalion Wars 2.

I played Blazing Angels: Fighter squadrons of WWII, and the controls were beautiful, using the Remote like a joystick. it was a lot of fun, and the control set prefromed wonderfully.

My big disappointment with wii is the shooter games... I just don't like the set up one bit

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
I played Blazing Angels: Fighter squadrons of WWII, and the controls were beautiful, using the Remote like a joystick. it was a lot of fun, and the control set prefromed wonderfully.

Coolness! There's hope for a StarFox game controlling well after all. Well, if they make one of course.

My big disappointment with wii is the shooter games... I just don't like the set up one bit

Yeah, FPS shooter games just don't control that well on the Wii so far. Even so, I still have high hopes for Metroid.

UberAris

Dominus Ferrum
Coolness! There's hope for a StarFox game controlling well after all. Well, if they make one of course.

Yeah, FPS shooter games just don't control that well on the Wii so far. Even so, I still have high hopes for Metroid.

My take: Use the Nunchuck controller for forward//backward//turning... use Remote tilt for side to side movement, an keep the point and shoot with B as fire A as Reload.

Latest posts