Putting myself out there

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LJ Rock

I love the shading/lighting in this one (also a lovely pic, of course!)
Thank you, Tad! I've been working on trying to get a better sense of light and shading. :)

LJ Rock

Hey all! I know I have been pretty quiet on these boards for a while now. Life is busy/crazy/hectic as always, but I still check in from time to time and I have still been creating artwork. Just thought I'd share a couple of pieces that I completed recently and posted on my DA page. Hope you guys enjoy!

All For You 1 SMALL.jpg SO FULL.jpg

Broseph

DM Supporter
and I am also learning how to reduce the file size before I post here to Dims so the pictures aren't HUUUGE!!
I like them huge (pun intended). But really, it's nice that the pics you're posting are large.

These are great! Keep at it. I know from personal experience that it can be difficult to post art (I'm a writer myself) so kudos to you for throwing these up here. You mentioned that you've done these quickly--some in as little as an afternoon. Wow. Impressive! Thanks for sharing these!

LJ Rock

I like them huge (pun intended). But really, it's nice that the pics you're posting are large.

These are great! Keep at it. I know from personal experience that it can be difficult to post art (I'm a writer myself) so kudos to you for throwing these up here. You mentioned that you've done these quickly--some in as little as an afternoon. Wow. Impressive! Thanks for sharing these!
Thank you, Broseph! I really appreciate the encouraging words! :)

Jerry Thomas

I just now discovered this thread. All of this artwork is really outstanding (I especially like the reclining nude). The way you draw the faces and eyes is very expressive - even a little bit Manga-like. I will have to check out your work on Deviant Art.

LJ Rock

I just now discovered this thread. All of this artwork is really outstanding (I especially like the reclining nude). The way you draw the faces and eyes is very expressive - even a little bit Manga-like. I will have to check out your work on Deviant Art.
Hey thanks, Jerry! Yeah please do check out my DA page as I have a lot more stuff posted over there. Be sure and say hello. :)

https://www.deviantart.com/ljrockarts

LJ Rock

close_up_1_by_ljrockarts_small.jpg over_the_shoulder_by_ljrockarts_SMALL.jpg

Just thought I'd share a couple of pieces I did recently. These ones I really wanted to treat more like paintings rather than drawings or sketches, and I really tried to experiment with light and shading. They still look kind of cartoony or comic-bookish, but I guess that's just part of my style.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
View attachment 133650 View attachment 133651

Just thought I'd share a couple of pieces I did recently. These ones I really wanted to treat more like paintings rather than drawings or sketches, and I really tried to experiment with light and shading. They still look kind of cartoony or comic-bookish, but I guess that's just part of my style.
They look perfect. You do incredible work. I understand being your own worst critic but man...I wish I could come close to being able to create that kind of art!

Thank you for sharing!

Jerry Thomas

I think these latest ones are perfect - and SO sexy! Maybe you think they look cartoony because of the colors, but I could see either one of these as the cover to a really great graphic (emphasis "graphic"!) novel. Now you just need the story to go with it. And thanks for the link to DeviantArt.

LJ Rock

They look perfect. You do incredible work. I understand being your own worst critic but man...I wish I could come close to being able to create that kind of art!

Thank you for sharing!
I have long been my own worst critic indeed; it's something I have had to learn to keep in perspective. It's good to be realistic in your self evaluations, and not inflate your abilities beyond what they are - but it's also very easy to let your criticisms give ways to fear and indecision and end up never actually doing anything. I do my best to just push through and do the best I can with whatever I have to work with, knowing that no matter what I put out, my next one will be better. :)

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words, H.M.!

LJ Rock

I think these latest ones are perfect - and SO sexy! Maybe you think they look cartoony because of the colors, but I could see either one of these as the cover to a really great graphic (emphasis "graphic"!) novel. Now you just need the story to go with it. And thanks for the link to DeviantArt.
It's funny you say that, Jerry. I've been thinking a lot lately about ideas for a comic or graphic novel I could create with my artwork. I come up with some story ideas, but I always run into a roadblock somewhere along the way and I get derailed. Maybe I can try to collab with one of the many talented writers who submit their work here. At this point I'd be open to almost anything.

Latest posts