Putting myself out there

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LJ Rock

Here is an illustration I put together just in time for Valentine's Day today, and it is done in conjunction with a new story I've put out called "My Chubby Valentine."

My Chubby Valentine (full color).jpg

The characters name is Carrie, and if you can believe it I've actually been drawing this character for over thirty years! I was about fourteen years old, a freshman in high school. I think she was sort of a composite character based on several girls that I had a crush on (but was way too shy and introverted to actually talk to or ask out.) Over the years I sort of developed ideas for a backstory and universe for her and her friends, and now I am finally starting to write some of it down and share with the public.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! ❤

LJ Rock

Angel Of Peace (small).jpg

I don't know about you, but I have been feeling very down lately about all the troubles going on in the world. Things really seem to be spiraling out of control, and it's so frustrating to feel so powerless to do anything about it. I may not be a powerful diplomat or statesman, I may be just a lowly artist and writer from Boston - but doing what I can to lift my voice and advocate for peace is the best thing I can think of to motivate me and lift me out of my despair.

I was inspired to create this "Angel Of Peace" as a response to the war going on in Europe, praying that it doesn't escalate any further and that one day soon, cooler heads will prevail and life on this planet can continue and prosper. We live in an age where there is so much potential for so much good to be done, if only we can get out of our own way and live up to our potential, rising to the top and lifting one another up rather than beating each other down.

Bless you all, and thank you all so much for being so kind and encouraging to me over these many years. You'll never know how much of a difference it has made for me. Be well, friends, and peace be with you!

LJ Rock

Hey all! I wanted to share a couple of new pieces that I did recently with you all. Both are illustrations from stories I have forthcoming. :)

Also, I decided for the heck of it to upload some art to the media file on my Dimensions profile. I figure it can be just another place to showcase the things I am working on. You should be able to click on it right here:

Thanks, all. Hope you enjoy! ;)

Good Company (full color).jpg
Illustration for the follow up to "My Chubby Valentine" called "Good Company"

Bigger-Full-Delia and Samuel.jpg
A magical weight gain fantasy called "Bigger."

LJ Rock

I added a few more pieces to my media folder gallery here on Dimensions, such as this gem right here:

Aline (full color).jpg

She is a character from a story I am working on called "The Right One." I'll have more details about that soon.

LJ Rock

I also wanted to share a couple of youtube videos I posted recently, drawing/speedpaint videos (for those who are interested in that sort of thing.) ;)

LJ Rock

Illustration for a new story. It's called "There Is A River In Egypt" and it is actually a continuation from the strories "My Chubby Valentine" and "Good Company." I'll be posting the latest installment to the story thread soon. Hope you like! :)

A River in Egypt - FULL 001.2.jpg

LJ Rock

Hey y'all... just wanted to share a few pieces I'd done recently. 😌

Hole In The Wall (sans title).jpg

This is an illustration for a new story I wrote, about an FA who has a really surreal experience in a mysterious house of ill repute.

Saturday Night (Sans Text).jpg

Illustration for a story I wrote called "Saturday Night" about a guy who has a little too much fun hanging out at the crib on a Saturday night.

Here are a few other random pieces I'd done recently....

Something Sweet.jpg

Big Pretty Cow (flat color with text).jpg

What You Waitin' On?.jpg

Thanks for checking it out, hope you enjoy! :cool:

LJ Rock

Please check out this "speed paint" video I posted on YouTube:

The piece I did yesterday and I decided to give it a "retro look" inspired by the Steely Dan line "done up in blueprint-blue, sure looks good on you," hence the title. ;)

Done Up in Blue.jpg

Latest posts