• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Quagmire Of Absurdity By Matt L.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt L.

Quagmire of Absurdity
by Matt L.

PROLOGUE:

“You don’t know what it’s like living in the shadow of your best friend. Not that Pam doesn’t treat me totally cool. I mean, sometimes she can be so self-centered.”

Chloe paused.

Mrs. Hendricks, Emerson High School’s primary guidance counselor, encouraged Chloe to continue.

“I suppose you think I’m chalk full of envy”, Chloe bluntly asserted with a beleaguer expression, “But really I’m not. I’ll admit, Pamela is outgoing and popular, I’m much quieter. Even when we’re out, like at the mall or something. Pam attracts all kinds of attention and I just drift off into the background, I don’t think they notice me anyway. After all, Pam has the looks.”

“You said that Pamela can be self-centered, is this what‘s bothering you?”, Mrs. Hendricks asked.

“I don’t get asked out much, most guys see me as a friend. All except Billy Rascals. Since junior year we kind of took too each other in a completely platonic way. Things have changed, I don’t know if we just grew on each other or because we’re now seniors or what? But Billy invited me to the autumn dance at his dad’s lodge; I’d really like to attend.”

Mrs. Hendricks smiled with approval, “I know Billy, quite well. He’s very nice, good for you.”

Chloe flashed a wide smile, “Thanks, I really like Billy.”

“Then what’s stopping you from attending the dance? It isn’t because of your weight?” Mrs. Hendricks inquired.

Chloe’s body language reflected the emotional havoc that plagued her mind.

“Would I like too be slim like Pam? Yeah but I’ve always been pudgy, it doesn’t bother me so much anymore. And Billy says I’m cute.”

“You brought up Pamela Saxon again, what does she have too do with the dance? Does she have a thing for Billy?”, Mrs. Hendricks questioned.

“You kidding? Pam thinks Billy’s a square, even when she sees him around school, she won’t acknowledge him unless I’m there too.”

“Alright”, Mrs. Hendricks looked over her glasses, “I know of Pamela’s reputation, she can be something of snob. I’ve spoken to her about this on several occasions and about her vanity. What does this have too do with going out with Billy?”

Chloe’s voice took on an unbecoming whine, nervous stress no doubt.

“I baby sit, that’s how I make my spending money, for a few families, mainly family friends. The Walden’s have me scheduled for the same night as the dance, I asked Pam to do me the favor and watch their baby so I could go to the dance. Pam flatly refused because of some stupid party. Pam is always being invited to parties, how often do I get a date!”

Mrs. Hendricks nodded, “I understand, you have every right too be upset, although bitterness toward Pamela won’t solve a thing.”

“I do favors for Pam all the time. Just the other week, I changed my plans so_.”

Mrs. Hendricks cleared her throat then candidly remarked, “No need too go through the details, you made your point. This is a special occasion, not just a randomly arranged rendezvous. Pam should show you some empathy given the fact you’re not as popular as she is.”

Chloe sourly droned, “Like I told you, Pam can be very self-centered.”

“Yes, Chloe, Pamela is very self-centered and awfully vain”, Mrs. Hendricks disclosed with unambiguous certainty, “But vanity is a tremendous burden, just like conceit……….”

(Continued in post 4 of this thread)

Latest posts

Back