Question for 30 something men

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

NYCGabriel

Why would you not kiss a woman on a first date but try to get her to touch your personal parts during the movie you invited her to? Is this the way 30 somethings conduct themselves? No kissing but please touch me? Is this a reflection on HER or is this just the way men your age conduct themselves?

jesus christ, that's just goddamned crass.:doh:

as a man I'm embarrassed by some of the actions men my age engage in. this is ridiculous.

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
Wait! The penis through the bottom of the popcorn barrel is out now?
Mickey Rourke is weeping.

Miskatonic

Advanced Killbot
Because we grew up in a culture that bombed us with the image of a woman as just being something to fuck and it's ingrained itself into a generation of men who feel entitled to anything and everything they want.

ToniTails

"so FLUFFY!"
advise: date geeky girls- we find tech talk sexy :p

I didn't put that much thought into taking the girls out. Dinner and a movie is just the standard, so that is what I went with. I hope people today do not have to put that much thought into it asking someone out. It's already nerve racking for a lot for shy people like myself. I can only keep an interesting conversation for so long, before I get back to talking about technology.:doh:

balletguy

Why would you not kiss a woman on a first date but try to get her to touch your personal parts during the movie you invited her to? Is this the way 30 somethings conduct themselves? No kissing but please touch me? Is this a reflection on HER or is this just the way men your age conduct themselves?

I think that guy was just creepy. We are not all like that.

exponder

Texas Rambler

I'd agree with most here in saying that not everyone acts like such pigs. Humans are sexual creatures of various types. He didn't kiss you because he had no desire of natural intimacy. With respect, he wanted you to be his dirty girl in the theatre. The girl that submits to being a sexual tool for him, and fulfill his sexual desire. Has no attentions of realitonship. He could also have been the duche-bag type to think your selfesteam was low enough that you felt the need to be perverse to get his aproval. :doh:

x0emnem0x

Words.

Ew! That would be a total turn off for me unless I really knew the guy, but you said first date, and honestly, that's just so bad sounding. It sounds terrible. I'd run as fast as I could! Maybe he just thought he'd get lucky but yeah like someone else posted, movies on the first date are terrible ideas.

Dex

Depends on the people involved. As a teenager, I had this girlfriend who wanted to touch me in places that back then, would be reserved for married people! Maybe I am just old fashioned? A hug and quick kiss on the cheek is what I would expect after a first date.

Sweetie

Where is the Love?
I'd agree with most here in saying that not everyone acts like such pigs. Humans are sexual creatures of various types. He didn't kiss you because he had no desire of natural intimacy. With respect, he wanted you to be his dirty girl in the theatre. The girl that submits to being a sexual tool for him, and fulfill his sexual desire. Has no attentions of realitonship. He could also have been the duche-bag type to think your selfesteam was low enough that you felt the need to be perverse to get his aproval. :doh:

Thanks for your response. I originally posted this last year and I haven't been on recently. In the year since the incident I've had contact with said man on and off through text and fb messages, yet haven't gone out with him again. Sad to say that it took me that long to truly wrap my brain around the absolute accuracy of your assessment. It finally penetrated my thick head that he had absolutely no respect for me, was expecting me to be his dirty girl (perfect assessment!) and saw that my self esteem was truly lacking. He ran with it. The worst part of it all is to watch his interaction with other women in which he shows himself to be such a respectful, gentlemanly person. I think that's what was partly to blame for my being confused. The people in his world would be shocked and appalled that he would treat any woman that way. Two weeks ago I finally realized what was going on and blocked him on fb and told him to lose my number. I just wish it wouldn't have taken me so long.

nykspree8

Rico Sauce
I like to touch my own personal parts on a first date :D Seriously though, i don't even understand how someone could initiate what you experienced. "Hey we just met, touch my penis." What?!? :doh: I can't even fathom it, or at least can't fathom myself acting that way. I hope you got up and walked out after that.

Latest posts