Question for those who edit in the Library.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna

wait...what?
Observer, are you kidding? :blink:

You are comparing the works of Mark Twain & Charles Dickens (amongst others, including the many authors of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew books) to the amateur prose found in the Dimensions' Library?

Again I have to ask, if Dimensions Forums are for adults (defined by Conrad's rules as being over 18 years of age,) why would we include prose for and about teens here? Surely there are sites catering to teens that would/should carry size positive fiction (hopefully without straying into the sexual arena of things. But I digress.)

:doh:

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Don't allow underage kids to post on Dimensions, just allow the older people who want to imagine 13 year olds in tight panties, to learn about how underage fat children deal with pressures of living in a world where they have so much stacked against them. :rolleyes:

Observer says...

" In part because, in addition to adults, teenage FA's (I was one a half century ago) and BBT (big beautiful teens) and young adults need a counter to the biases against chubbier kids that exists today. "

How the FUCK is having explotative stories about ' little piggies stuffing their faces, as other little piggies press against the ass cheeks of the little piggy in front of them, as they are huffing and puffing and dreaming of the next suitcase full of mallowmars....countering biases. That comment is very sick and manipulative, when placing it next to stories like this.

Even you, Observer, cannot keep a straight face ( or, maybe you can, which is frightening ), as you try and make this OK.

This has nothing to do with helping young people. It is for older people to get off, and having a comfortable place to find stories about kids. There are plenty of places for this sort of thing. Or, let 13 year olds post on Dimensions, so they can have THEIR say, about how it is to be 13 and fat on this planet. Their experiences can be exploited, but they have no voice. THAT is very chilling.

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
Don't allow underage kids to post on Dimensions, just allow the older people who want to imagine 13 year olds in tight panties, to learn about how underage fat children deal with pressures of living in a world where they have so much stacked against them. :rolleyes:

Observer says...

" In part because, in addition to adults, teenage FA's (I was one a half century ago) and BBT (big beautiful teens) and young adults need a counter to the biases against chubbier kids that exists today. "

How the FUCK is having explotative stories about ' little piggies stuffing their faces, as other little piggies press against the ass cheeks of the little piggy in front of them, as they are huffing and puffing and dreaming of the next suitcase full of mallowmars....countering biases. That comment is very sick and manipulative, when placing it next to stories like this.

Even you, Observer, cannot keep a straight face ( or, maybe you can, which is frightening ), as you try and make this OK.

This has nothing to do with helping young people. It is for older people to get off, and having a comfortable place to find stories about kids. There are plenty of places for this sort of thing. Or, let 13 year olds post on Dimensions, so they can have THEIR say, about how it is to be 13 and fat on this planet. Their experiences can be exploited, but they have no voice. THAT is very chilling.
any 13 year old with a brain can already do this. adults will imagine 13y/os whether observer follows a rule or not. they can't be exploitative because the exploitees don't exist. when 13 year olds post here you'll be a dick to them and *ruffle their hair*.

mossystate

any 13 year old with a brain can already do this. and adults will imagine 13y/os whether observer follows a rule or not.
* finger in nose *...well....duh, exile...gee whiz...glad you spelled that out for me

13 year old OPENLY posting as being 13, so they can counter the OPEN posts about.....oh......nevermind.....lol

Oh..and...I would only ruffle their hair if they were like you. So, probably not much ruffling. Now, go be a dick to trolls, or those who you think are trolls, even though they might just be confused and need people to help them to not be trolls and not mock. * wink *....* pulls hand away...resists the urge *

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
yeah, you've certainly never kneejerk-responded to an OP.

not that mini did anything much worse, but all i said in that thread was "great thread."

Risible

Monkey Daze
Please observe the "no personal attacks" rule, or risk infraction/time-out.

Thank you.

/mod

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
I fully agree that apassage such as you cite would be wrong. But I did did a search on both suitcases+piggies and mallomars in the VB forum as well as mallomars in the weight room. No such passage as you quote exists on the site.

And the comparision I was making was that all litersaturte contains a juvenile element, not that our writers or stories are of the same level as the ones noted.

Right now until much later I'm AFK, so if I don't respond further for awhile its not that I'm ignoring anyone.

mossystate

" I fully agree that apassage such as you cite would be wrong. But I did did a search on both suitcases+piggies and mallomars in the VB forum as well as mallomars in the weight room. No such passage as you quote exists on the site. "

Observer, are you just having too much fun pretending you don't understand what is being said? It's fine...I mean, you can enjoy this....just be honest.

Jes

is oddly aroused
First of all, regarding the story in question:

1) There are no underage characters or underage sex issues - this is a British finishing school for girls - so no boys..​

this is particularly interesting to me. People very often do consider 'real' sex only that which involves the penis and the vagina, not 2 (or more) vaginas. That's why so many women engaged in physical relationships with other women in, say, the Victorian period, while never being labeled homosexual or adulterer. Their relations didn't involve a penis; hence, no actual sex.​

Jes

is oddly aroused
Re: Mods--yes, I believe she does have the final say.

rainyday

Departed
Observer, if the library rules say no underage characters are allowed, why wasn't your response from the start, "That's obviously a story we didn't catch. Let me correct that immediately."

It's mind boggling that this discussion has even carried on into machinations about international definitions of the age of consent, delusions about how the characters aren't involved in anything sexually enticing, etc. Not even going to touch the bizarreness of dedicating yourself to the library out of belief that the content provides kids with a much-needed counter to society's biases. Kids who aren't even supposed to be reading it.

If this discussion were about provocative drawings calling attention to "sexy" features of underage teens would you be splitting hairs as to why those were acceptable too? That the content exists in text makes it no different.

It's disturbing me to find I'm participating on a site with even a whiff of acceptance for sexually related content about minors.

liz (di-va)

I'm a little confused and appalled at the back-and-forth about this too. Do you know how fast this place would be shut down if it were perceived as trafficking in anything involving underage people? All this arguing is off the point; legally, you have to draw clear lines. I am also uncomfortable personally that it's not being handled that way.

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
It's disturbing me to find I'm participating on a site with even a whiff of acceptance for sexually related content about minors.
There is no acceptance. I long ago made the decision that Dimensions is an adult site and community, and the legal age limit is non-negotiable. We do not, categorically not, allow underage participation or inclusion of sexual connotation to underage individuals. We'll eliminate any ambiguity in the rules and whatever stories don't comply will have to go.

Suze

Too Vanilla For You
why is it so hard to admit when you're wroooooong

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
I'm a little confused and appalled at the back-and-forth about this too. Do you know how fast this place would be shut down if it were perceived as trafficking in anything involving underage people? All this arguing is off the point; legally, you have to draw clear lines. I am also uncomfortable personally that it's not being handled that way.
i'm fine with what conrad says.

i just want to point out about legality: text is text. literotica.com is the biggest sex stories database on the web and it's loaded with incest, rape, adolescent and high school fantasies. nothing is "involving underage people" because there are no "people" in fiction to be underage. it's definitely legal, but i completely understand why dimensions would not want to deal with this albatross.

as a discussion, this has only led me to the conclusion that the fetishists are not the ones with the problem distinguishing reality from fantasy.

rainyday

Departed
There is no acceptance. I long ago made the decision that Dimensions is an adult site and community, and the legal age limit is non-negotiable. We do not, categorically not, allow underage participation or inclusion of sexual connotation to underage individuals. We'll eliminate any ambiguity in the rules and whatever stories don't comply will have to go.
Glad to hear a definite line will be enforced, Conrad. Thanks for responding.

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
Theon: i can't believe the argument has gone on this long it's not even an argument

Dan: yeah i fucking know

Theon: are children being exploited or molested
no
okay

Dan: it's frightening how much i banged my head against the wall on that point

Theon: are the stories causing people to molest children
i dunno maybe we can think about that important issue while we all go see noted great film inglourious basterds

Theon: also okay: computer-generated images of five-year-old girls being raped gleefully with shotguns while sobbing uncontrollably

Dan: yes i know
i know
i know alllllllll this

Theon: you should just post that verbatim what do you care about this stupid board anyway

Dan: fine

Theon: do these people hate "i saw her standing there" cuz17
complete with super-lecherous "IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN" nudgenudge

Dan: i'm posting that

Theon: i mean no not if you want to like Keep Rep or whatever
you might make the fat girls cry
oh my god this hardy boys post

Dan: yeah observer is a whole other story

Status
Not open for further replies.