Question to All ladies and gentlemen.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

GutsGirl

Ok this is my first ever post on this part of the dimensions forum, i am 23 year old britsh citizen who lives in Texas. I come to my fellow online community to ask for some assitence, guide, and general information.
Right so let me get this started,
My questions or questions,(lets see where it goes) is:
when you meet or see a person to whom you are very attracted to, like omg you wanna say hello but you freeze in time, and they are off the BHM or BBW body type, "getting the intro's out the way", without offending them how do you say that i find your body irresistable,(thisa is guy (me asking the question) how do you approach the situation without getting a shit storm on your hand(cause i only ask, because this happened to me a day before christmas(my gf just didnt like the fact i liked larger women and scolded me and dumped me for it, but the funnny thing is she was plump herself). ...
Wow, that's sad that your gf dumped you over something like that. I guess she couldn't accept your liking of her body. :(

I guess my approach would be to ease into the subject gently and naturally with an attractive date. Compliment her first on something she's wearing or her perfume. When you know her better and/or have become intimate with her, then tell her how much you appreciate and love her body as it is.

Just to use my case as an example, my boyfriend didn't tell me he found BBWs attractive right away, but when I discovered that he did, I asked him about it and it made me feel better about my looks, it really did. Sometimes I wonder if I am too small for him, actually, but he really appreciates my body (a few days ago when we were cuddling, he touched my love handles and was pleasantly taken aback by how soft and big they were; he thought they were my breasts for a minute, seriously). :D Likewise, he has some self-esteem/image issues, and so I compliment him on features of his that I find attractive, like his big nose and his unibrow (I love both on a guy).

But I didn't start out saying to him, "Hey, I love your big nose and your unibrow", and he didn't start out saying, "Babe, I want to squeeze your big soft love handles and pat your doughy belly". ;) So you'd need to work up to that in a relationship.

And, like you found out with your ex, some BBWs/BHMs NEVER accept an FA's interest in their fat body, and perhaps they actively dislike it. They just can't. And you might have to say good luck but goodbye to them in terms of a romantic relationship because of it, which is very sad, IMHO.

Keb

Princess
I know I'd love a compliment--"Wow, you have a pretty smile" or "That shirt looks really good on you." I'd definitely be creeped out by, say, Mini's farcical lines :)

Even better, if you can find a hook for a conversation--ask her for advice on something (like, at a grocery store, "Which brand do you think is the best for spaghetti?"), talk about the weather, comment on the book she's carrying, things like that. Be interested in her, but also in what she's focused on, because that's just less creepy.

Once you've got her talking, it's a little easier to move on to the rest of it, I expect. Can't say I've gotten to the rest of it...but I am a girl.

snipermb435

Wow, that's sad that your gf dumped you over something like that. I guess she couldn't accept your liking of her body. :(

I guess my approach would be to ease into the subject gently and naturally with an attractive date. Compliment her first on something she's wearing or her perfume. When you know her better and/or have become intimate with her, then tell her how much you appreciate and love her body as it is.

Just to use my case as an example, my boyfriend didn't tell me he found BBWs attractive right away, but when I discovered that he did, I asked him about it and it made me feel better about my looks, it really did. Sometimes I wonder if I am too small for him, actually, but he really appreciates my body (a few days ago when we were cuddling, he touched my love handles and was pleasantly taken aback by how soft and big they were; he thought they were my breasts for a minute, seriously). :D Likewise, he has some self-esteem/image issues, and so I compliment him on features of his that I find attractive, like his big nose and his unibrow (I love both on a guy).

But I didn't start out saying to him, "Hey, I love your big nose and your unibrow", and he didn't start out saying, "Babe, I want to squeeze your big soft love handles and pat your doughy belly". ;) So you'd need to work up to that in a relationship.

And, like you found out with your ex, some BBWs/BHMs NEVER accept an FA's interest in their fat body, and perhaps they actively dislike it. They just can't. And you might have to say good luck but goodbye to them in terms of a romantic relationship because of it, which is very sad, IMHO.
Well I must Apologise for the lack of reply here, I am sorry, the advice and courage and general willingness to help me is overwhelming. I really Appreciate it.
Now, i am a shy guy, fully admit it, i just have this mental block that says, hey look at the gorgeous lady over there and then bam, brain says, whoa buddy. lol, i guess all people have that, not jsut me, but i shall try your advice, get to know her and eventually slowly start to get to the fact that i love her body the way it is.
Yeah, she really didn't except that, i mean yes i more than likely said i like her body the way it is one to many times, but hey, i am only human, not perfect, right?
Thank you for your advice Gutsgirl, as always greatly appreciated.

I know I'd love a compliment--"Wow, you have a pretty smile" or "That shirt looks really good on you." I'd definitely be creeped out by, say, Mini's farcical lines :)

Even better, if you can find a hook for a conversation--ask her for advice on something (like, at a grocery store, "Which brand do you think is the best for spaghetti?"), talk about the weather, comment on the book she's carrying, things like that. Be interested in her, but also in what she's focused on, because that's just less creepy.

Once you've got her talking, it's a little easier to move on to the rest of it, I expect. Can't say I've gotten to the rest of it...but I am a girl.
Thank you, and sorry for the delay in reply.
I guess, as you have discribed to me, just getting a general conversation going and working from there is what to do, but dont make an arse of yourself, lol, right? me i am good at that, so best get to sorting that out.
well thank you KEB for your information and knowledge, greatly appreciated.

Group builder