Questioning my FA-dom......

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Rain

Leonardo Forever
*Le SIGH*

After the less than enthusiastic response to the first thread I ever tried to start here at Dimensions, I find myself questioning my FA-dom. Is it WRONG for me to like big women? Apparently so, according to many of you here.

Because, as a man, I should NEVER, Eeeeeeeeeeever, tell a women what to do with her body, I am WRONG in being an FA.

Because I like big women, but women don't like being big, I am a-GAIN, wrong in being an FA.

Because I'd rather look at a healthy, plus sized woman, than a rack of ribs, I AM WRONG in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on what attracts me to a women, because she can look any way she wants.......I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on FA-dom whatsoever, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because being an FA is sick, wrong and gross, and wanting a woman to eat until she becomes fat is sick, disgusting and gross, I am wrong for being an FA.

Because liking big bellies is wrong, since women don't like having big bellies, I am wrong for being an FA.

Being a man is wrong. Therefore, I am wrong by birth.

These are but a few of the sentiments that have been impressed upon me during my short time here at Dimensions. And let me tell you.......this has me more than a little confused. But I guess the bottom line is...........I just don't fucking know anymore.
Life in general is not easy, and when you're different from what's considered "normal", it's that much harder. You're faced with the choice of wanting to bend to the pressure of society to fit in, or continue being someone who's not cut from the same cookie cutter as everyone else and is actually more of a person for it.

I'm a Ninja Turtle fan, and I'm proud of it. I don't hide that fact from anyone. I'm also a gaining BBW, but a little more shy of announcing it. I've had issues before, and I'm still going to have them as I decide to possibly get back to my old weight or higher, but as long as I feel comfortable in my own skin, I'll be okay. And it'd help too if I had support if I fall by the wayside.

Some people are going to take things the wrong way sometimes, and you'll have to deal with the backlash they give. However, you have to decide how to handle it the best way. You may not agree with what was said or done, but if you're respectful of the opinion, you'll be well returned for it. There's also the phrase "You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time."

Not everyone is going to accept you and you can't force them to, but don't stress out so much about it, okay? There are plenty of others out there that will. And just because you have certain interests, feelings, etc. does not make you less of a person, or a man. Just keep in mind while you'd love your ideals to appeal to every woman, it just doesn't work like that outside of fantasy. Find a compromise, a balance, instead between them, and you'll be happier. :)

KerryNation

Inkblot
Karnage, I don't know you, but I have a feeling that you're younger than me. I've been here on & off for almost 10 years.

I'm of the conclusion that you're wrong about several of your assesments which has you questioning your FA dom. I think we should talk privately (talk with Dr. Phil), and I will be more than happy to discuss outside of this forum.

What I DO agree with is that there are times when some here jump all over you, often the ones who say they are temperate in their responses. In most cases, I ignore those people, as in their "temperance", they have chased many people from the boards over the years. Several have even posted in this thread. It's for you to decide whose responses you should heed and whose you should dismiss (mine included)

Don't give up so quickly. There are many here who are more than worthwhile to befriend (and date, if you're inclined). My only comment about your comments is that all people here wish to be treated with respect, provided they earn it. Choose your words carefully, be yourself, and learn about this wonderful place through intellegent discussion.

I hope you can be happy here..........Phil
Unless you're younger than 26, then yeah, I am younger than you.....in fact, I'm probably one of the younger folks on this board.

@kerrypop: It's not that *I* feel like a slimeball for liking big women, it's that I come here and get slammed for doing so, which makes me FEEL like a slimeball pervert. I had thought that Dimensions was a place where ALL who like bigger women were tolerated. But then I turn around and get flack for "trying to force my perverted views on all women" which makes me FEEL like a slimeball for liking what I do. Am I making sense?

@ Ned and Wrestlingguy: Thanks for the kind words and advice. I'm still all sorts of confused about things, but knowing there are a few voices out there that understand me makes things better.

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Supporter
https://www.facebook.com/drunkentempest, M
Unless you're younger than 26, then yeah, I am younger than you.....in fact, I'm probably one of the younger folks on this board.

@kerrypop: It's not that *I* feel like a slimeball for liking big women, it's that I come here and get slammed for doing so, which makes me FEEL like a slimeball pervert. I had thought that Dimensions was a place where ALL who like bigger women were tolerated. But then I turn around and get flack for "trying to force my perverted views on all women" which makes me FEEL like a slimeball for liking what I do. Am I making sense?

@ Ned and Wrestlingguy: Thanks for the kind words and advice. I'm still all sorts of confused about things, but knowing there are a few voices out there that understand me makes things better.

If you want to hear from me: I am not trying to brand you for your admiration for bigger women, nor am I trying to brand you if you feel the need to pressure women to gain weight. I want you to try your best to analyze as many weight loss situations as you can before you pull words like "Hypocrite." Not everyone is doing it for vanity, and the number that aren't doing it for that is growing rapidly (Thank god). Run with your admiration for larger women... running with it does not, however, mean you have to hate the opposite end of the spectrum.

KerryNation

Inkblot
If you want to hear from me: I am not trying to brand you for your admiration for bigger women, nor am I trying to brand you if you feel the need to pressure women to gain weight. I want you to try your best to analyze as many weight loss situations as you can before you pull words like "Hypocrite." Not everyone is doing it for vanity, and the number that aren't doing it for that is growing rapidly (Thank god). Run with your admiration for larger women... running with it does not, however, mean you have to hate the opposite end of the spectrum.

But do you not agree that saying one thing to millions of people, and then turning around and DOING the opposite is hypocritical? I do believe that IS the definition of the word. Jen Hudson did just that....and now, this week, Tyra Banks is on a magazine cover doing the same thing.

Now, Tyra has been very vocal in A LOT of different media outlets about not giving a damn about being heavier. She's even encouraged other women to think about their weight the same way, and NOT BE DEFINED BY A NUMBER. Ok, that could go both ways, I see that. But to then turn around and diet herself down, while at the same time telling women it's ok to be heavier just SMACKS of the kind of bullshit, "Do as I say and not as I do" attitude that I hate.

You want to be thin, fine. I don't begrudge that, I really don't. Diet yourself down to where you look like Nicole Ritchie. But don't at the same time preach about "loving yourself for whatever size you are" and "embracing your curves" and "loving your bigger body" when you CLEARLY don't practice what you preach.

I guess that was my main point in the other thread.

And yeah, when people just assume things about me, and jump down my throat about forcing my sick fantasies on women, it hurts. That's not how I am at all.

Giraffes?Giraffes!

Hey dude.

Take a breath. I'm sorry you got jumped on by some folks, but you've gotta learn to wait out those bouts of searing frustration with the myriad contradictions that come with being a heterosexual man. Don't rush to the keyboard, 'cause you'll end up, in all likelihood, sounding like a bit of a nutbar.

Not to say that you ARE one, mind you. I can relate to everything you said in your little litany of complaints-- but i'm afraid it comes with the territory. They keep moving the goal posts on you, my friend. Its a fundamental fact of life. You're born with certain desires, you're encouraged, on the one hand, to explore those desires and actualize yourself honestly as a sexual being-- but as soon as you’ve untangled that knot, you're supposed to curb and compartmentalize those desires so as not to step on the toes of the prerogatives of others (i.e. a woman's right to present herself in whatever way makes her feel best, whether regarding to weight, hair color, breast size, or whatever.)

But the truth is NOBODY gets a consistent message. It might feel at times that we, as men, have to mangle our desires and our identities to accommodate the seemingly bi-polar phenomenon that is female body image. It may feel like woman, who in our society, predominantly, are the "pursued" party in a courtship, hold all the cards and reserve all the rights to be candid and confident in their desires and predilections. It may feel like your job at times is simply to read female roadsigns and react according to the shifting moods and fancies of the feminine landscape.

This, my friend, is Victimtown, and it is home to nothing but histrionic lies.

Ask yourself, truthfully. Its pretty easy being a guy. Try being a girl for a couple of days. Talk about mixed messages.

Not to belittle your grievances. I hear you. But play the tape through to the end. It isnt easy for anybody. Nobody is giving you, as a young (I assume) male FA a particularly difficult time here.

This was a very half-baked response, but its late. I should probably have written nothing at all, but my heart goes out to you—even in your surpassingly shortsighted wrongness.

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Supporter
https://www.facebook.com/drunkentempest, M
But do you not agree that saying one thing to millions of people, and then turning around and DOING the opposite is hypocritical? I do believe that IS the definition of the word. Jen Hudson did just that....and now, this week, Tyra Banks is on a magazine cover doing the same thing.

Now, Tyra has been very vocal in A LOT of different media outlets about not giving a damn about being heavier. She's even encouraged other women to think about their weight the same way, and NOT BE DEFINED BY A NUMBER. Ok, that could go both ways, I see that. But to then turn around and diet herself down, while at the same time telling women it's ok to be heavier just SMACKS of the kind of bullshit, "Do as I say and not as I do" attitude that I hate.

You want to be thin, fine. I don't begrudge that, I really don't. Diet yourself down to where you look like Nicole Ritchie. But don't at the same time preach about "loving yourself for whatever size you are" and "embracing your curves" and "loving your bigger body" when you CLEARLY don't practice what you preach.

I guess that was my main point in the other thread.

And yeah, when people just assume things about me, and jump down my throat about forcing my sick fantasies on women, it hurts. That's not how I am at all.
It's too complex to think of it just based on the definition of hypocrisy.

If Jennifer Hudson lost weight, began preaching thiness, and became a weight bigot: She deserves the title "Hypocrite." But...she hasn't done that.

Just because someone stands for a message of Fat/Size Acceptance doesn't mean they have to stay the weight they are, or change.

Let us compare:
Jennifer Hudson may have said some things about honoring your curves and knowing that one's value does not lie within body size. I'll give you that.

Sophie Dahl stated: "If I got really thin, there'd be women who'd feel I had betrayed them. When you become a public figure, you're public property. Suppose I had breast reduction, I'm sure there'd be a national outcry."

Jennifer Hudson has said no statement similar to what Sophie Dahl said. Sophie Dahl still models, but she has succumbed to the pressure after saying that statement. She shouldn't be maimed, but this is a case where I think some dissapproval is actually valid if one can't be neutral about it. She literally proclaimed that the lost weight would make people feel that she betrayed them. Her reasoning behind the lost weight was the modeling too. She gave into the pressure.

It's all in how you express it. Example 2:
I'm a Fat Admirer. I'm also a Fat/Size Activist (I'm pretty dormant beyond the internet as of now though). I have to put the hyphened title there because:
A. I'm not fat, which unfortunately has an effect on my ability of activism. Because of this fact, my major message has to be equality/anti-size discrimination because people tend to bring up my weight as if I'm saying messages aligned to "Cows have feelings too." (That was a comment said to me by a fat friend).
B. I don't believe that there isn't a correlation between weight and health. Well... I consider Obesity to sometimes be a sympytom of unhealthy lifestyle, genetic, diseases like PCOS, et cetera (It's very complex for every person) or something that can worsen things that can affect the body (Like an injured knee for example). Whether or not people interpret that as me believing there is a correlation between weight and health is subjective. I don't know what NAAFA or even the many Dimensions users would interpret that as, so I can't say.

If I were to preach Fat Elitism and (or) Pride (I can preach that larger people have every right to believe in a such a thing, but I don't think I can preach the concept too too much due to a combination of my weight and Activism goals) at every drop of the dime, and I coupled it with thin hatred and hatred of all weight loss attempts: Wouldn't that nullify my activism? It would make me a weight bigot: Just with swapped sizes.

My weight shouldn't come up at all, but it does. That's just another example.

I can very well express my deep beliefs that larger people have every right to do whatever they so wish, but I shouldn't have to put bodyfat on or keep bodyfat to prove my worth. The Fat Acceptance movement isn't about that: It's about knowing deep down inside that your personal value and beauty is not defined by how much weigh. If a person in the movement decides to lose weight, they shouldn't be slandered unless they literally change positions in what they believe in (Which is not defined automatically by a weight loss attempt[Because there are many reasons why people choose to attempt it]) or their reasons aren't aligned to their own personal thoughts: Losing weight for vanity is a good example of this.

Unrelated topic, but another example:
I believe that physical violence in confrontations should be avoided if possible. I am also, however, an avid Marital Artist. I think we should learn to at least try to use words in confrontations, BUT... if someone swings at me: It's on like Donkey Kong!! :p
I shouldn't stop training because I believe that violence should be avoided. I can still practice what I preach as I continue practicing Marital (I totally spelled marital arts :p [Black Belt in Divorce!! :p])... MARTIAL Arts. :p

Dissapproval of weight loss is fine when you analyze the person's reasoning behind it and how they express it.

People that have lost weight, and think they have the right to slander fat people because they have become thin/thinner (Or that they are better than fat people): They can go play in the street. Better yet they can jump off a cliff.

Call them whatever you want. :D

As for the many other exceptions to that rule: Analyze it for yourself before you come to a conclusion. Did you read the whole article about Jennifer? Did the article touch on her reasons for losing weight?

rsoxrule

For a 26 year old, you need to involve yourself less in what the media has to say, and more in what you need to do to enjoy today and the rest of your life.

There is nothing more hypocritical than Hollywood, TV and their stars.......many do things just for the "air" time or to be noticed, and with the combination of The Biggest Loser, commercials for Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig, all of these stars have jumped onto the Bandwagon. I was watching some TV show where "Marcia Brady" got fat and is trying to lose weight.........it would have been great if the actress who played Jan showed up on the set and said "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia --- I see you've found the neighborhood Dairy Queen" :eat1:

Stop worrying about people that quite honestly shouldn't mean anything to you.............Jennifer Hudson, Rock Hudson, Troy Hudson, Tyra Banks, Carl Banks..........who cares??

You're 26 and youre an FA............appreciate it!!! There so many great things about it. There's usually less competition with other man your age who get caught up in family and media stereotypes, and if you are true to a woman and yourself, then more often than not, a woman of larger size would "open up" more to you..........the second word is size acceptance, is acceptance.........

So turn off the TV and radio, stop looking at useless tabloids and start the process:

1- Go to work, (or school) or your local Dunkin' Donuts or Friendlys and find the cutest girl you can find in the 160-180 pound range
(20 years ago when I went to school..........there was always snobby 115-120 pound girls available, but the 180 pound girl was always "taken". "She" always seemed to be more real............go for a beer, actually eat Taco Bell, be down to Earth, have prettier faces and softer skin, and of course, "other outstanding characteristics".:doh:

2- Buy her a ice cream sundae or box of cookies to say hi, and spend the next 74 years of your life RESPECTING HER, assisting her with her life goals like career and children and remember your part of a team. If you do this with ANY WOMAN, it will pay off for you 10 times in return........

3- In four years, when you are 30, married with two children and she is 260-280 (and recently fired from her part time job at Friendly's for eating the remaining 2.5 gallons of Butter Pecan ice cream without permission) open up a paysite like Juggmaster, charge $19.95 per month, sit back, relax and smile.
THIS IS THE DREAM JOB OF EVERY GUY ON THIS BOARD (ha ha, OK, OK, OK just mine) and remember you have the power to do anything you want to, and to enjoy your life the way you want to, once you understand and appreciate your wonderful and unique instinct to appeciate a larger woman and ability to look away from the media created "norms" of society that most of us have grown up with...........You'll look back at these posts and say "OYYYY!!!"

There's nothing wrong in your being a man, or an FA, or for that matter, being a Redsox fan in New York.............its just a part of you......a GREAT part of you.....it shouldn't consume you.............:bow:

For Jon Blaze, who always "hits a hole in one" with this stuff
and
Samantha NY "who sounds like the bomb" please don't ruin my great opinion of you by being a Yankees fan

You guys are great at keeping things real

Happy Thursday, everybody
Rsoxrule

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
For Jon Blaze, who always "hits a hole in one" with this stuff
and
Samantha NY "who sounds like the bomb" please don't ruin my great opinion of you by being a Yankees fan

You guys are great at keeping things real

Happy Thursday, everybody
Rsoxrule
Thanks, rsoxrule! And no - I'm not a Yankees fan, so no worries! LOL

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
holy crap. SPEAKING of oy...remember how recently in some other thread (can't recall exactly which one), some of the girls here were discussing the 'FA hero complex'?
yeah.
i was gonna contribute my personal definition over there, but now all i have to do is quote the majority of this post. what a lovely little time saver.
You're 26 and youre an FA............appreciate it!!! There so many great things about it. There's usually less competition with other man your age who get caught up in family and media stereotypes, and if you are true to a woman and yourself, then more often than not, a woman of larger size would "open up" more to you..........the second word is size acceptance, is acceptance.........

So turn off the TV and radio, stop looking at useless tabloids and start the process:

1- Go to work, (or school) or your local Dunkin' Donuts or Friendlys and find the cutest girl you can find in the 160-180 pound range
(20 years ago when I went to school..........there was always snobby 115-120 pound girls available, but the 180 pound girl was always "taken". "She" always seemed to be more real............go for a beer, actually eat Taco Bell, be down to Earth, have prettier faces and softer skin, and of course, "other outstanding characteristics".:doh:

2- Buy her a ice cream sundae or box of cookies to say hi, and spend the next 74 years of your life RESPECTING HER, assisting her with her life goals like career and children and remember your part of a team. If you do this with ANY WOMAN, it will pay off for you 10 times in return........

3- In four years, when you are 30, married with two children and she is 260-280 (and recently fired from her part time job at Friendly's for eating the remaining 2.5 gallons of Butter Pecan ice cream without permission) open up a paysite like Juggmaster, charge $19.95 per month, sit back, relax and smile.
THIS IS THE DREAM JOB OF EVERY GUY ON THIS BOARD (ha ha, OK, OK, OK just mine) and remember you have the power to do anything you want to, and to enjoy your life the way you want to, once you understand and appreciate your wonderful and unique instinct to appeciate a larger woman and ability to look away from the media created "norms" of society that most of us have grown up with...........You'll look back at these posts and say "OYYYY!!!"
just wow.
list of things i find especially noteworthy:
1. the word she is in quotations.
2. apparantly fat girls don't communicate verbally! did you guys know this already? i had no idea. instead, turns out the proper way to introduce yourself to one is by handing her food. makes sense though, right? i mean i know that i for one don't even understand simple gestures if there isn't a big mac involved.
3. where do fat girls hang out? why dunkin donuts, of course!
4. step two: RESPECT HER! step three: inform her she will be posing naked on the internet. if "she" objects, remind her that your attraction to fat women is WONDERFUL AND UNIQUE - meaning she's got no other options so make with the paysite, spit spot.

kerrypop

Supafly
Elle, wow... my thoughts exactly. I'd rep ya if I could. Someone rep this lady. That was probably the most insulting post ever. Hooray!

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
step two: RESPECT HER! step three: inform her she will be posing naked on the internet. if "she" objects, remind her that your attraction to fat women is WONDERFUL AND UNIQUE - meaning she's got no other options so make with the paysite, spit spot.
Step four: ????
Step five: PROFIT! (Off your paysite which will showcase "The Biggest 'Girl' in the World".)

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
Elle, wow... my thoughts exactly. I'd rep ya if I could. Someone rep this lady. That was probably the most insulting post ever. Hooray!
Done.

Kinda weird how he compliments Jon and I - but writes that 'process' stuff too? Can't speak for Jon, but that's soooo not something I support. Just tired of trying to voice it now.

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
maybe we don't understand the post because nobody's handing us donuts while we read it.
i really don't even know how i'm managing to type right now, without at least a stick of margarine to gnaw on.

kerrypop

Supafly
maybe we don't understand the post because nobody's handing us donuts while we read it.
i really don't even know how i'm managing to type right now, without at least a stick of margarine to gnaw on.
Oh... I usually wear one of those beer hats that have the straws coming down you know? I just put milkshakes in the beer holders and, hey! Hands free constant calorie intake! It really is fabulous. I'll have to send you one.

Scrumptious_voluptuous

It must be Gin O'clock!
Hello Karnage.

If we did think that way, you'd be looking at an empty forum.

Chill :) Have fun, and don't take the t'internet that seriously. Never let it tell you that what gets you going is wrong (unless it's..y'know..*REALLY* wrong)

If you're thats quick to question your FAness, then maybe there wasn't that much of it in you to begin with.

rsoxrule

I simply thanked Jon and Samantha for keeping it real, because they had real answers to the issue.

For those that think my "somewhat flawed" vision of Karnage's future and of women is a valid one, perhaps starting weekends on "Happy Thursday" might be the tonic........but thank you for identifying the passages to further make my point :)

Seriously, enjoy the rest of this beautiful sunny, (In New York at least) Thursday

Rsoxrule

P.S. It has made my day, Samantha NY to hear you are not a Yankees fan....

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
dude, if that was you joking, you have officially failed joking 101.
and some guys here actually wonder why girls are suspicious of the whole FA thing, coming from certain guys. i know people who outright dislike fat people who still wouldn't imply the things about them you did in that post.
pardon me if i don't really see the lols.

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate
Darlin...you keep setting up these Straw Man arguments.......and then knocking them down.

"Because I'd rather look at a healthy, plus sized woman, than a rack of ribs, I AM WRONG in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I am wrong in being an FA. "

Oh please..you are being silly with those two at the very least.

You know thats not the case.......there ARE a lot of people here with..shall we say.....very sensitive sensiblities.........AND there are a lot of oafs here.....this clash goes on and on, and creates, on occation, a rather hyperdefensive response to small things .....

You need to just........relax a bit....no one is saying you are wrong.....you just need to realize there are lots of different perspectives here, and there is no "wrong" way to be an FA other than .....say.....not hiding it and therefore hurting someone.......or by being abusive to someone physically.

everything else is wiggle room.

breathe.

*Le SIGH*

After the less than enthusiastic response to the first thread I ever tried to start here at Dimensions, I find myself questioning my FA-dom. Is it WRONG for me to like big women? Apparently so, according to many of you here.

Because, as a man, I should NEVER, Eeeeeeeeeeever, tell a women what to do with her body, I am WRONG in being an FA.

Because I like big women, but women don't like being big, I am a-GAIN, wrong in being an FA.

Because I'd rather look at a healthy, plus sized woman, than a rack of ribs, I AM WRONG in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on what attracts me to a women, because she can look any way she wants.......I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on FA-dom whatsoever, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because being an FA is sick, wrong and gross, and wanting a woman to eat until she becomes fat is sick, disgusting and gross, I am wrong for being an FA.

Because liking big bellies is wrong, since women don't like having big bellies, I am wrong for being an FA.

Being a man is wrong. Therefore, I am wrong by birth.

These are but a few of the sentiments that have been impressed upon me during my short time here at Dimensions. And let me tell you.......this has me more than a little confused. But I guess the bottom line is...........I just don't fucking know anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts