Quantcast

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Yeah I heard yesterday when it happened, and I couldn't believe how devastated I felt. He was truly a class act, and an amazing singer.

The first Dio I heard was when he was with Black Sabbath, I had Heaven and Hell on tape. I definitely progressed past that style of metal into heavier genres, but I always have a soft spot for that era. Ironically, I had just bought Holy Diver on CD a couple of weeks ago, and was reacquainting myself with it quite a bit lately. If you check out the "What Are You Listening To" thread, a few of us have been feeling a little nostalgic and/or celebrating the man.

Hard to believe he'd been active in bands since the '50's!

sobie18

Bass playin' scuba diver
Yeah, the heavy metal world lost one of its greatest singers. He had a lot of great tunes.

KHayes666

Go away
Fuck......I didn't even know he was sick. The world has lost a true legend

RIP Dio

george83

DADDY IN A DRESS
I heard about this the other day, I can't belive he's gone the man was a legend.

I was hoping to see him this summer as Heaven & Hell were down to support Maiden in Dublin in August :(

May he R.I.P. (Rock In Peace) \m/

KHayes666

Go away
I heard about this the other day, I can't belive he's gone the man was a legend.

I was hoping to see him this summer as Heaven & Hell were down to support Maiden in Dublin in August :(

May he R.I.P. (Rock In Peace) \m/
I wonder if Black Sabbath (I refuse to call it Heaven & Hell since the lineup made 2 studio albums and a live one together) had any material in the works before he died.

Would love to get my hands on it, the man was too good to not showcase one last time.

Slamaga

An headbanger's journey
As a metal fan, I'm sad to know this. He had been one of my favorite singer in my childhood.

moniquessbbw

Shake N Bake
I saw Dio a few times in concert. Got to meet him when he signed my record when I was only 15. This is truly sad but he had an awesome life, so lets celebrate that part. He will always be remembered and will live on through his music.

MasterMike

I don't know if anyone here has heard, but metal legend Ronnie James Diio passed away yesterday at 7:45 A.M. from a long battle with stomach cancer. He was 67.

For more info, please go to http://www.ronniejamesdio.com
Yeah, I was gutted when I heard the news about Dio. It's bad enough Peter Steele from Type O Negative died last month, now Ronnie James Dio, the little man with the big voice and a career spanning five decades has passed on into legend. I've listening to all his stuff with Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell these past few days as well as his first two Dio albums Holy Diver and The Last In Line. He'll be remembered as one of metal's greatest vocalists. Ride the tiger, Ronnie; all the way to Metal Valhalla!!!

Captain Save

never had a 40
His was a voice that created new places to go and experiences of which no one ever spoke; no one I knew had been there. Adventures he offered that no one else had the courage to seize, and escape from the routine of my adolescence in an urban city. They don't make music like that for me anymore, but for that which I had the pleasure to experience, I am appreciative. Thank you, Ronnie James Dio, for everything I ever heard from you and what it meant to me; you are the man on the silver mountain.

IrishBard

womble/leprechaun hybrid!
this is going to be a little heads up for everyone. I only just found this out and it made me sick to my core.

the westboro baptist church are to picket the funeral

I've been looking around other sites for informations, and all I can say is, wow, huge support from everyone.

I'm well a truly sickened by these people. R.I.P Dio, let's hope that the metalheads at that funeral don't get too... erm... enthuasistic in their judgement.

0nlnn

The Great and Epic 0nlnn
I remember hearing about this. I think we should all take a day and just rock out to his music. Come on guys, it's Heaven and Hell. \m/

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden paid Dio a nice tribute when they played Ottawa last month. It was a great gesture...:bow:

lizzie_lotr

I bet that was awesome!

Bruce should wear his pilot uniform during shows, a little something for the ladies. :happy: :blush:

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch
I've been out of the loop. I hadn't heard this. Too sad. I thought he was a metal pioneer. I give it up for the man on the silver mountain.

mercy

Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden paid Dio a nice tribute when they played Ottawa last month. It was a great gesture...:bow:
He dedicated "Blood Brothers" to him at Sonisphere Festival in the UK last weekend. It was touching.

Latest posts