• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Random acts of kindness...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
So, I've been having a string of really bad luck lately. Today was a shinning example of my ill fortunes. There was a bright spot, well ok 3 bright spots. 3 strangers went out of there way and made a truly stressful and shitty day a little brighter.

I had to go the the Metro Toronto Convention Centre to set up for the annual shareholders meeting. I noticed something funny with the car. I pull into the underground parking shut off my car and notice I need to pull into the spot a little more. I go to start the car and it won't start.

I called my sister, who in turn, calls a friend who is a mechanic. There was a lot of back and forth, but the gist of the calls was that I was to go and try to start the car after letting it sit for awhile. After that we would see where things would take us. I go set up what I need to and go back to the car. Still won't start. At this point I'm trying to figure out how to get my car out of the parking garage. Most tow trucks can't/won't go into underground parking. As I'm about to call a taxi to see if they can give me a boost. Then random act of kindness #1 happens.

A man comes up to me and offers to boost the car. It starts and I think, ok I can get the car to a garage and figure out what the hell is going on. I get to York, just before the turn to go onto lakeshore and the car looses all power. The flashers won't even work. I have cars honking at me, people yelling at me because I don't have flashers on, I'm trying to direct people around my car and the tow truck is going to take 30 mins. At this point I breakdown in tears. I sit in the passenger seat and just cry. There are people passing by and ignoring me or just staring as they walk by. Random act of kindness #2 occurs.

A women looks at me continues to walk by, then turns around and comes over to talk to me. She just wanted to make sure I was ok and she stayed until I was calmer. I'm still sitting in my car, waiting for the tow truck when random act of kindness #3 happens.

A man who is clearly homeless approaches the car. I'm leery because he is pretty scruffy looking. He says to me, "Do you want me to help push you car to the parking lot accross the road?" Still unsure, he says "no really, I've helped people before." So, here is this homeless man helping push my car while people continue to honk and curse at me. We get to the parking lot and I offer him some money for helping. He told me that he didn't want anything from me and went to leave. I tried again and he said that if I really wanted to give him money, to just give him a penny. So I did and he left.

The tow truck driver picks me up and takes me to a Canadian Tire nearby. We get to talking and he tells me that he likes to volunteer and that he regularly volunteers at a shelter providing meals for the homeless. At that moment, I realize that I have a chance to pay back the kindness that 3 strangers provided to me. I pull out a business card and tell the driver to contact me and I will arrange for coupons for free bread. It's not much, but as I realized today that the smallest action can mean a great deal to someone in need.

That's my sappy story for the year...

Back