Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Ic I bought a 3lb bag of chopped onions just cuz i am that lazy! I put onions in nearly everything i make and these are soooo convenient. IT was only about a dollar more than three lbs of whole onions.

FatAndProud

Ic I bought a 3lb bag of chopped onions just cuz i am that lazy! I put onions in nearly everything i make and these are soooo convenient. IT was only about a dollar more than three lbs of whole onions.
I'm not being a snob, but I feel like frozen onions have no flavor. That's the only veg (off hand) that I must eat fresh. Lol I'm weird. I was raised on onion and gahlic. Lol

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I am going to get some Panda Express Chinese food :) and bugger the sodium content.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
My name is Fuzzy, and I'm an onion snob. I always have whole yellow onions and I usually have one or more of the following: red, white, walla walla sweet, green, and shallot.

However, I'm also far too lazy to mince my own garlic. I buy large quart jars of pre-chopped garlic, and those little combo jars of pre-minced ginger/garlic that are perfect for stir-fry. :blush:

FatAndProud

My name is Fuzzy, and I'm an onion snob. I always have whole yellow onions and I usually have one or more of the following: red, white, walla walla sweet, green, and shallot.

However, I'm also far too lazy to mince my own garlic. I buy large quart jars of pre-chopped garlic, and those little combo jars of pre-minced ginger/garlic that are perfect for stir-fry. :blush:
Ok, the pre-minced garlic is SOMETIMES excusable as I feel like it remains more moist (perfect for stir-fry so there's no burnt garlic ew). However, nothing beats fresh ginger to cleanse the palette between sashimi :D

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I'm not being a snob, but I feel like frozen onions have no flavor. That's the only veg (off hand) that I must eat fresh. Lol I'm weird. I was raised on onion and gahlic. Lol
These weren't frozen. They were in our local Cash and Carry. (restaurant supply store that's open to the public) They're pretty darned good, i threw a whole bunch in tonights dinner.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance

I usually buy a big 10lb bag of yellow onions at costco and go through a bag or so every month.

EvilPrincess

I am missing my southern food.....

Just made banana pudding, split the recipe in half and still ended up with enough to feed 10 people. Now I need to find other displaced southerns so we can trade the following

tomatoes and okra
real corn bread
grits
squash casserole
pulled pork
fried chicken
chicken and dressing
greens

sigh........

lille

I've been in this apartment for a year and have just now purchased a garlic press. Now I may actually use all the garlic I buy. Mincing by hand is just too much of a pain in the ass.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
i was recently in texas to visit my brother for 2 weeks. he bought and cooked a 16 lb brisket. i have never seen one that big and was amazed. it cooked most of the day on his grill. i cut off the fatty part, but the actual meat was delicious.

so the interesting part of the story is that to start his bbq grill he puts a handful of fritos on a paper plate and lights the paper plate. amazingly the corn chips burn fast! it stays lit long enough to catch the kindling. he had mentioned this previously, but to see it in person was kind of disturbing...lol.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
i was recently in texas to visit my brother for 2 weeks. he bought and cooked a 16 lb brisket. i have never seen one that big and was amazed. it cooked most of the day on his grill. i cut off the fatty part, but the actual meat was delicious.

so the interesting part of the story is that to start his bbq grill he puts a handful of fritos on a paper plate and lights the paper plate. amazingly the corn chips burn fast! it stays lit long enough to catch the kindling. he had mentioned this previously, but to see it in person was kind of disturbing...lol.
That is a godawful waste of delicious corn chips. :(

;)

lille

I've been wanting to bake, but if I bake then I'll be tempted to eat whatever I made.

Latest posts

Group builder