Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Ic I want to try that new Little Caesars pretzel pizza :D
Very strange this pizza... its more "pretzel with cheese sauce" than pizza. There is no tomato pizza sauce. And that pretzel salt was too much.. If they cheese stuffed the crust like pizza slut and the rest was regular pepperoni pizza, it would be much better. I won't repeat this mistake.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Very strange this pizza... its more "pretzel with cheese sauce" than pizza. There is no tomato pizza sauce. And that pretzel salt was too much.. If they cheese stuffed the crust like pizza slut and the rest was regular pepperoni pizza, it would be much better. I won't repeat this mistake.
That's a bummer!

I confess that i am stuffed from my home made "chicken" noodle soup. It was so tasty. Soup weather is the best!!

lille

Just bought vegan marshmallows off Amazon. My bf has complained numerous times that I don't eat marshmallows and so for his b-day I'm making a veggie friendly s'mores kit so we can make s'mores together. And I got a few bags so I can taste test ahead of time.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
butter is about 3.97 to 5.00 a lb here depending on the brand. hence, we have reverted to using oleo. while it is ok for baking or using to fry stuff on top of stove...there is not much taste to it.

ic i am on the brink of paying the 4.00 just to have my delish toast back.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Ic i don't think my stomach tolerates indian food anymore :( I went to the lunch buffet and suffered hard. It's one of my favorite kinds of food. I'm hoping, maybe, home made food will sit okay on me.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Depending on recipe, I tend to use coconut oil for all my frying. Its a fully saturated oil with no cholesterol and it has an awesome flavor. However, when making cream gravy I still use butter, and I use a high % vegetable oil oleo when making garlic cheese spread for garlic bread.

MisticalMisty

WTF? :eek: It would appear that I'm behind the times.
I think it was about 6 months ago. I hoarded my very last one...was tempted to sell it on ebay. lol Some say it's back in certain areas. It's the only thing that made McDonalds edible to me.

Saoirse

It's the only thing that made McDonalds edible to me.
After doing a little research on this mustard crisis, Ive read a lot of people comment saying it the mustard made McDonalds edible. If the mustard is the only thing that makes it edible, why are you eating it in the first place?

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I have this conversation every time MickeyDs releases the McRib. We all know what it is.. chopped and formed pork with fake ribs with onions and gobs of bbq sauce and pickles (if they remember them). It is NSFW because you will get bbq sauce on your shirt. And there is always the deal that if you pay an extra $1 you can get another McRib. (slobbering noises)

And I buy them anyway. AND.. get a bbq stain on my shirt. Even if I do wear a plain shirt. If McD offered the McRib year round I would probably get over this habit... but not yet. :D

MisticalMisty

After doing a little research on this mustard crisis, Ive read a lot of people comment saying it the mustard made McDonalds edible. If the mustard is the only thing that makes it edible, why are you eating it in the first place?
Sometimes, it's the only thing available...especially in rural Oklahoma or Texas. When you're traveling and hungry, you'll eat what's there. lol

FatAndProud

I have this conversation every time MickeyDs releases the McRib. We all know what it is.. chopped and formed pork with fake ribs with onions and gobs of bbq sauce and pickles (if they remember them). It is NSFW because you will get bbq sauce on your shirt. And there is always the deal that if you pay an extra $1 you can get another McRib. (slobbering noises)

And I buy them anyway. AND.. get a bbq stain on my shirt. Even if I do wear a plain shirt. If McD offered the McRib year round I would probably get over this habit... but not yet. :D
Lol @ NSFW mcrib; they should make a bib for all the Fuzzy's out there.

lille

I'm terrible at grocery shopping. Mostly because I am terrible at planning meals ahead of time.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I don't plan exact meals, because I tend to cook the item(s) I'm craving. I go to the store and buy ingredients that will make a certain set of meals and/or that I'm running out / have run out. And I don't go to only one store for everything. I have a particular stores for meat, builk goods, dry goods, can goods, frozens, ethnic, etc. For those of you who remember what my lauder looks like, yep, even more so.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
butter is about 3.97 to 5.00 a lb here depending on the brand. hence, we have reverted to using oleo. while it is ok for baking or using to fry stuff on top of stove...there is not much taste to it.

ic i am on the brink of paying the 4.00 just to have my delish toast back.
What?!? I buy butter in Danville, VA all the time for less than $3. Try buying dairy products at Aldi.

Given enough hot mustard sauce.. I can eat all the mcnuggets.. :D
20 mcnuggets for $5 = .25 each
6 mcnuggets for $1 = .17 each

Just sayin' :)

EvilPrincess

Been ordering from freshdirect- love their store brand oatmeal cookies. First thing in the cart and the real reason for the order.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I typically use kielbasa in my red beans and rice if I can't find andouille or Linguiça.

I may have been known to use ketchup if I don't have tomato paste on hand.

Group builder