Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
I may have been known to use ketchup if I don't have tomato paste on hand.
I've been buying Amore brand tomato paste because it comes in a squeeze tube that will keep for a very long time in the fridge, and you can use it in small amounts.

IC I spend too much time in the kitchen making food so I don't have to eat heavily processed food with chemicals. That plus shopping and the cleanup sucks up too much time, but I haven't come up with a better alternative.

lille

I've been buying Amore brand tomato paste because it comes in a squeeze tube that will keep for a very long time in the fridge, and you can use it in small amounts.

IC I spend too much time in the kitchen making food so I don't have to eat heavily processed food with chemicals. That plus shopping and the cleanup sucks up too much time, but I haven't come up with a better alternative.
I have the opposite problem. I'd love to eat less processed and more whole foods, but between school, internship, homework, work study, and now co-directing a play I have zero time or energy for cooking real food.

Rojodi

So last night we had a Polish Night at the homestead: Sister dropped off 5 lbs of smoked kielbasa; son picked up potato and cheddar, potato, bacon, and cheese, and potato and onion pierogi. I made "Onions in butter," which is like boiling onions in 3 sticks of butter LOL

I boiled the pierogi then fried them, once they floated to the top of the water, in a combination of bacon grease and the onions.

I made a couple of my son's friends a little queasy: I cut a little piece of the sausage and ate it before it was heated. They thought it was "fresh" kielbasa, unsmoked and well, in need of a ton of cooking. :D

fat9276

I just made the most decadent, amazing chocolate cake ever! No boxes or mixes... all from scratch! Cocoa powder, dark melted chocolate, butter, sugar (not too sweet), egg, unbleached flour, vanilla, espresso, milk, etc. Oh my word, it's chocolate cake heaven :eat2:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I can't decide between pizza or lasagna for lunch today...

lille

I may have eaten almost half a casserole dish of macaroni and cheese. It was worth it.

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
Yes, Cookie crisp is available in the following combinations: Original, With sprinkles, and double chocolate
Ah, wonderful! :)
Wow, that brings back a sweet memory. My nephew was still really young when the first Shrek movie came out on DVD, and we camped out on the couch with a box of that cereal and watched it together. It was a great day.

MisticalMisty

I'm not really a sweets person, but the cranberry/walnut cookies from Jason's Deli have been haunting me. Had some this weekend and I want more!

Latest posts

Group builder