Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

FatAndProud

These are gross. They have a very strange flavor when you first taste them lol I am so disappointed.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
My best friend loathes flavored potato chips and I love them, so we always trade.

My random thought is that I spend the holidays with bestie's family and her mom makes a traditional Italian stuffing (dressing) for the turkey or as a side dish. This means it includes rice. Of all the stuffings in the world, the one I just can't stomach is rice stuffing, but I choke it down because they're gracious and I was raised by somewhat mannerly wolves.

Somehow bestie and I get to talking about her mom's stuffing and I find out after all these years she hates it too. She asks me how I make mine and i tell her and her eyes roll back into her head and she starts drooling. I tell her I'll make it but I won't insult her mom so we're going to have a small Three Kings dinner at my apartment with my purple (cranberry) sausage and pecan stuffing. Yum.

Mishty

aluminum petunia
Impromptu family dinner when my cousins walked in with kids.
A huge pan of chicken Al-fraid-ohh over random pasta,spaghetti for the runts,two dozen slices garlic toast and three pounds of garden salad.

I can plan a dinner for weeks and stress myself out so much I break out,but let a group walk in hungry out of the blue and i go into mama mode. It's weird.
It's weird I can mess up the pasta or sauce and it's still devoured... Feeding kids is soooo much more fun than adults. (says the girl with milk in her hair and a dog covered in salad dressing.)

lille

I got chocolates in my stocking at both my parent's houses. My hometown has a fabulous little chocolatier and I'm so happy.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Strangest craving for chocolate Muscle Milk. Contains No Dairy. As fake tasting as Tiger's Milk, but sometimes to have to remind yourself what fake tastes like.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
My kingdom for a really good hush puppy...
i am not sure if they will carry in your grocery store...but here we have
View attachment 118788

they come in regular, with actual corn in them or jalepeno and cheese. you bake them. they get crunchy outside and stay nice inside. best ones i have had in a long time.

(oh arthur treachers how i miss you...)

Tracyarts

Confession: I ate an entire bag (not a single serve bag, either) of flamin' hot with lime Cheetos over the course of the evening Saturday night. My stomach has not been right since. It's like I swallowed a red hot piece of charcoal and it's just sitting there behind my belly button. Not enough pain to concern me, but enough pain to put me off anything spicy for a while. Sunday morning, I was like "WTF have I done?". I heard a story on the news about the dangers of overdoing it with the flamin' hot Cheetos, but never thought twice about it. Ha! I am thinking twice about it now.

Respect the flame, people. Respect the flame...

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Confession: I ate an entire bag (not a single serve bag, either) of flamin' hot with lime Cheetos over the course of the evening Saturday night. My stomach has not been right since. It's like I swallowed a red hot piece of charcoal and it's just sitting there behind my belly button. Not enough pain to concern me, but enough pain to put me off anything spicy for a while. Sunday morning, I was like "WTF have I done?". I heard a story on the news about the dangers of overdoing it with the flamin' hot Cheetos, but never thought twice about it. Ha! I am thinking twice about it now.

Respect the flame, people. Respect the flame...
I had a similar experience with the Flamin' Hot Cheeto PUFFS (hard to find). It was the first time I made a bag disappear in a single sitting and I paid for it. I'm a little more (but not much) cautious now. :eek:

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
i had never seen coke life. i looked it up and the web says it uses stevia. how does it taste compared to diet coke?

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Coke Life is more like a cross between Coke and Coke Zero. It has Coke's harsher cola flavor rather than Diet Coke's sweetness.