Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AmyJo1976

DM Supporter
I confess I am up super early on a Sunday to go help make a home cooked breakfast! Best reason I can think of to get up early:D

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
How exactly do people drink coffee with non-fat milk?
It turns it gray. I need at least half and half, to get it that just right color. I am totally decafinated, but still have the urge to drink Coffee.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
How exactly do people drink coffee with non-fat milk?
It turns it gray. I need at least half and half, to get it that just right color. I am totally decafinated, but still have the urge to drink Coffee.
I agree. Even low fat milk is like adding water. I bought coconut creamer today. Haven't tried it yet but the nutrition info is decent. I imagine it being very creamy but I'll let you know.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
I am not a fan of "nut" milks, please excuse that horrible term. They just don't have the same consistency as real cow swueezins'

Rojodi

Buca di Beppo food is so worth the sweats the tomato sauce cause!

fat9276

I am not much of a cheesecake person but The Cheesecake Factory started selling theirs in grocery stores (a bit pricey but whatev) and I must say, they are pretty good. Very rich. My only issue is the cinnamon in the graham cracker crust. I do not care for that. I bought a small one and ate over half of it already haha :eat1:

AmandaLynn

cake, lots & lots of cake
I am not much of a cheesecake person but The Cheesecake Factory started selling theirs in grocery stores (a bit pricey but whatev) and I must say, they are pretty good. Very rich. My only issue is the cinnamon in the graham cracker crust. I do not care for that. I bought a small one and ate over half of it already haha :eat1:
I was not a cheesecake person until I moved to NYC. Now, I am.

Tracii

Tried to not eat so much as far as desserts this summer but I wasn't entirely successful.
Key lime and pecan pie plus pound cake have had me in their grip all summer.
My belly has gotten absolutely huge even tho' I may have only gained 15 lbs or so.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
IC that the first time I tried anything 'pumpkin spice' was one of the most disapointing food experiences I've had. I thought it meant 'pumpkin and spice' and I was thinking something like ginger or cinnamon. Instead it was this nasty flavour -- near chemical-like to my taste-buds -- that I was later told was supposed to represent the spices one uses on pumpkin pie. (whose pumpkin pie? I've never noticed those flavours in pumpkin pie that I've had! Maybe the spicing is more of a regional thing?)

So to DF and all the other pumpkin spice lovers, have at it, please -- I want you to eat it all up and keep that scary stuff away from me!

fat9276

^ Right there with you Tad. Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice are two different entities. Things made with pumpkin, awesome. Pumpkin with a little spice is nice. Pumpkin Spice, meh.

I have been fooled many a time by grabbing "pumpkin spice" this or that. Ugh.

Latest posts