Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
OMG Joe's making me dinner! :D

Woo! Ribeye! (He's learning to cook, and enjoying himself. :D So exciting for me.)

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
I confess that I just got back from a trip to Northern Massachusetts and Maine and after indulging in clams, chowder and lobster...the craving is gone.

This is the first time ever I came home satiated.

I can't even look at the pics I took without feeling like I've really had ENOUGH.

I am as shocked as you are. :eek:

p.s. gonna post the pics anyhow when I get around to it.

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
IC I spent the weekend with a dear heart and made lime poppyseed cupcakes on Saturday. They had a caramel lime glaze. In twenty-four hours, we ate twenty cupcakes.

AlethaBBW

Supersized Snow White
IC that I made the best pasta for dinner tonight. IC that I ate two bowls followed by dessert.

IC that I want to eat it all over again right now :eat1:

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
I confess that I just got back from a trip to Northern Massachusetts and Maine and after indulging in clams, chowder and lobster...the craving is gone.

This is the first time ever I came home satiated.

I can't even look at the pics I took without feeling like I've really had ENOUGH.

I am as shocked as you are. :eek:

p.s. gonna post the pics anyhow when I get around to it.

Ohh, what a good feeling, Randi.

IC I spent the weekend with a dear heart and made lime poppyseed cupcakes on Saturday. They had a caramel lime glaze. In twenty-four hours, we ate twenty cupcakes.

I can see why they went that quickly! Those sound delicious.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
Ohh, what a good feeling, Randi

Actually... no! I have never NOT wanted seafood - even after a week in Maine, and eating it constantly, I still loved and wanted it when I got home. This time I got over it.

I feel like I might need a divorce. :p

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
Ohh, what a good feeling, Randi.

I can see why they went that quickly! Those sound delicious.

Since EK asked and I love to blab:

They were fab and easy! The icing was just scalded sugar and milk and vanilla with the juice of a couple limes (well strained), and the cake was:

Ingredients:
1 cup ground poppy seed
1 cup milk
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, separated
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. double-action baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
powdered sugar
the juice of four or five limes

Directions:
Put poppy seed in milk, bring to a boil, and set it aside for 1 hour.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg yolks. Add poppy seed-milk mixture. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder; stir into dough. Beat whites of eggs until stiff, and fold into dough with vanilla. Grease a large loaf pan with butter or margarine. Mix in lime juice. Sprinkle flour over sides, fill pan, and bake approximately 1 hour. If it springs back when touched with a finger and if a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, the cake is ready. Invert it over a rack to cool. Just before serving, sprinkle powdered sugar on top.Note: To make cupcakes from this dough, bake in buttered and floured muffin tins for about 25 minutes.

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
Since EK asked and I love to blab:

They were fab and easy! The icing was just scalded sugar and milk and vanilla with the juice of a couple limes (well strained), and the cake was:

Ingredients:
1 cup ground poppy seed
1 cup milk
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, separated
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. double-action baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
powdered sugar
the juice of four or five limes

Directions:
Put poppy seed in milk, bring to a boil, and set it aside for 1 hour.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg yolks. Add poppy seed-milk mixture. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder; stir into dough. Beat whites of eggs until stiff, and fold into dough with vanilla. Grease a large loaf pan with butter or margarine. Mix in lime juice. Sprinkle flour over sides, fill pan, and bake approximately 1 hour. If it springs back when touched with a finger and if a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, the cake is ready. Invert it over a rack to cool. Just before serving, sprinkle powdered sugar on top.Note: To make cupcakes from this dough, bake in buttered and floured muffin tins for about 25 minutes.

I could kiss you for this! Thanks TSL!

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
I hate it when you make some mac and cheese spirals, and they're gone in about an eighth of the time it took to make them. I'm typing to slow myself down!

eta: and they're just perfect!

eata: and they're gone. :(

Kimberleigh

gardening, mostly.
I'm craving, and I mean craving onion rings. The only thing that's close in the cupboard is those French's deep fried things that go on green bean casserole. I've already had a handful....

LJ Rock

....The only thing that's close in the cupboard is those French's deep fried things that go on green bean casserole. I've already had a handful....

Wow, I haven't seen those in ages! I might have to see if I can find myself a can now. :eat2:

Brandi

The Emotional Cook
I'm craving Outback Steakhouse's blossoming onion..and that dip...I found the recipe, I am making it tonight!!!!

butch

cuddly, hairy, and fat
IC that I am perplexed by something. Have any of you seen the latest KFC commercial, for their 99 cent snackers? 2 guys and a girl, talking about a dollar found under the couch and how a dollar does indeed buy something nowadays, a KFC small chicken sandwich, aka 'the snacker.'

Thats not what perplexes me. What is odd about the commercial is, the second to last static shot of the row of 4 snacker sandwiches has a not so subliminal image in it. The first snacker in the row of 4 has shreds of lettuce spilling out from under the bun, and one of the shreds of lettuce is actually a tiny image of a dollar bill.

Its odd.

Latest posts