Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MisticalMisty

I do have a George Foreman, but I don't like it since it has one setting "BURN THE SH*T OUT OF WHATEVER IS PLACED INSIDE"!!!

Um.. yeah.. so I guess I could use that.

Really? My temperature setting always worked really well. Sorry yours seems to be a bastard.

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Last night I opened up a bottle of Guinness Draught beer and went to take a quick sip out of the bottle right before pouring it into a glass. I noticed that the beer made a weird sort of glug glug sound and didn't seem to pore out of the bottle into my mouth like other beers. I initially thought... "mmmmm, nice thick, frothy Guinness beer...", in a Homer Simpson sort of way. Then I poured the Guinness into a glass and it looked nice, thick, dark and frothy as it was supposed to be, but then I heard clank inside of the glass bottle and started wondering. At first, I thought the object inside the bottle was a broken nozzle from the beer production line or something, and then my wife took a look and thought it was just a frozen chunk of beer in the bottom of the bottle. I pored hot water down into the empty bottle and saw that this object was definitely a little plastic, bullet shaped thing with fins on it, which were apparently designed so to keep it from falling out of the bottle. I went to check the other bottles I had bought and sure enough they all had plastic thingies in them. My wife then suggested I go online to the Guinness website and see what it might be.

IC - I never knew there was such a thing as a "beer widget".

Saoirse

Im a total Guinness snob. Im against canned beer, but will drink Guinness from a can if thats all thats available. I love a nice pulled pint and it better be pulled RIGHT! I get super annoyed if a order a pint and its not poured correctly. Pour nice and slow, let it sit, then top it off! :eat2:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
IC i got a little sad when i got my last mixed berry green tea bag out of the box. I love that stuff! It's so refreshing. i just throw a tea bag into my iced water and in 10 minute i have a delicious fruity tea.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
woohoo, breaking the vegan diet for a lunch at the Indian buffet. ooh boy do i love Indian food!!

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
There are cultures in this world where the inedible is very edible...

macadamianutswithspam.jpg

:shocked: :eek: :shocked:

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
There are cultures in this world where the inedible is very edible...

macadamianutswithspam.jpg

:shocked: :eek: :shocked:
Hawaiians consume more Spam than all the other states combined. They even have their own special edition can. They make sushi with it. Fascinating.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Hawaiians consume more Spam than all the other states combined. They even have their own special edition can. They make sushi with it. Fascinating.

I knew this... about Hawaiians... but not through normal channels.. maybe it was Dog the Bounty Hunter...

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Now that I'm thinking bizarre... has anyone outside of Japan seen this number?

Kit Kat Sakura Green Tea
kkgt1.jpg

kkgt2.jpg

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
After making a dinner with lentils in it i have decided that i am not a fan of lentils. I just dont like the texture. I would have loved the meal if i hadn't have ruined it with lentils. I'll just keep with regular beans or using lentils in loafs (which, for some reason, i can stand them in)

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
After making a dinner with lentils in it i have decided that i am not a fan of lentils. I just dont like the texture. I would have loved the meal if i hadn't have ruined it with lentils. I'll just keep with regular beans or using lentils in loafs (which, for some reason, i can stand them in)
What about a lentil soup with a big meaty hambone in it?

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Megan, I'm curious to know what sort of texture you arrived at, to make them unlikable. I only recently discovered lentils, thanks to a (interestingly enough) vegetarian cookbook. Lentils do not require soaking, like other beans, and only need a short cooking time, sometimes only 20-30 minutes.
I love red lentils, but they're hard to find, and Whole Foods is usually out.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
I think it's the mealy texture they have. I just don't like them. It's been a life long thing, i had hoped it changed. I might try and make some Sombar which has very little lentils in it. Sorry you cant find red lentils. They're abundant at my local regular store. (they have a great bulk section)
Thanks for the suggestion Pearls. I put baco bits in my pea soup. I like the flavor. I'm assuming it's a similar flavor. (never had real meat before)

I have an excellent pressure cooker and make black beans in about 2 hours with no soaking. Of course my ears are ringing by the end of that time :) I don't know if i have actually soaked beans before, maybe i'll try that. I have about 15lbs of a 25lb bag sitting around to be eaten. I actually want to try some of the many different beans the bulk section had to offer.

Latest posts