Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I'm craving something sweet. So much that I'm contemplating getting off my duff and making some black bean brownies :)

penguin

Fnord
consider chilling it into logs (roll it into long tubes between a folded over piece of wax paper)...after chilling slice into medallions and then pan fry!

amazing!
This reminded me that I'd forgotten all about buying it! It's been one of those weeks. But I might give your suggestion a go, too.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Those brownies are all gone and i want something sweet.. Maybe i'll make some applesauce cake :)

Tracyarts

" It's Rodeo time again which means smokey turkey legs and other good meat eats. "

LOL, looking at those pictures, I could literally smell it and my mouth started to water. No plans to go to the rodeo this year, but I am definitely going to suggest we go eat BBQ somwhere this weekend.

Tracy

Reactions: Isa

JoyJoy

We ate at Famous Dave's a couple of weeks ago. The brisket was heavenly.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I've picked up a rumor that Winger's has changed their wing recipe.. for the worst. I haven't had a chance to verify this rumor.. Anyone?

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
soo hungry.. We've got a lunch date and would rather not eat yet.. i hate waking up hungry! :)

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I am craving chocolate and since no one in my family will let me know when they make a run to the store (they do it on purpose) that craving will not be met anytime soon. I need my chocolate! Grrrrrrrrr.

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
I am craving chocolate and since no one in my family will let me know when they make a run to the store (they do it on purpose) that craving will not be met anytime soon. I need my chocolate! Grrrrrrrrr.
Ugh, I know how you feel. When I'm really desperate for chocolate, I will raid the baking chocolate (chocolate chips or baking chocolate) and pull something together to help tide me over until I can get to the store. Do you have cocoa powder in the kitchen? You could make some hot cocoa.

JoyJoy

I had jicama for the very first time today and am in love. It tastes like a cross between a sweet, fresh apple and a fresh carrot. I love finding things like this that I can take to work as a snack instead of opting for candy and such. It's high in vitamin C and is a mild anti-inflammatory, which makes it even better. :)

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
We just bought 5 boxes of girl scout cookies. :eek::eek:Our friends' daughter was too hard to resist!

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
Ugh, I know how you feel. When I'm really desperate for chocolate, I will raid the baking chocolate (chocolate chips or baking chocolate) and pull something together to help tide me over until I can get to the store. Do you have cocoa powder in the kitchen? You could make some hot cocoa.
Punkin I do not have cocoa, but I am hoping that the chocolate chip cookie that I ordered along with the italian classic sandwich from Jimmy john's will help tide me over. :)

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I've usually seen jicama, julienned or diced, in salad bars.

While the root the edible, the rest of the plant is very poisonous.

MisticalMisty

I had jicama for the very first time today and am in love. It tastes like a cross between a sweet, fresh apple and a fresh carrot. I love finding things like this that I can take to work as a snack instead of opting for candy and such. It's high in vitamin C and is a mild anti-inflammatory, which makes it even better. :)
I've seen it shredded and made into hash browns..and I've seen it sliced thin and fried up like potato chips.

I have bought a couple..but have never done anything with them.

TraciJo67

Starbucks is selling "cake pops" which is something that I've been making as Christmas treats for years (I just pass them off as homemade bonbons and forgo the stick). Soooo easy to make:

Bake a cake from a mix
Throw the cake into a large mixing bowl (break it into chunks once it has cooled)
Toss in just enough frosting to give the cake a consistency that allows for rolling the mixture into approximately 1" balls - freeze for a few hours
Melt chocolate with some heavy whipping cream mixed in and then dip the frozen chunks into the chocolate
Re-freeze until chocolate sets

Some, I roll in toasted coconut flakes or white chocolate shavings or cocoa/powdered sugar. The best I've managed to come up with are boxed mix chocolate cake, german chocolate frosting, dark chocolate dip & then rolled again in toasted coconut. Heavenly.

And a teeeeeeny fraction of the cost of the Starbucks pop, which is $1.50. I can make almost 100 of them with one box of cake mix, half a can of frosting, and a bag of chocolate chips.

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.
Starbucks is selling "cake pops" which is something that I've been making as Christmas treats for years (I just pass them off as homemade bonbons and forgo the stick). Soooo easy to make:

Bake a cake from a mix
Throw the cake into a large mixing bowl (break it into chunks once it has cooled)
Toss in just enough frosting to give the cake a consistency that allows for rolling the mixture into approximately 1" balls - freeze for a few hours
Melt chocolate with some heavy whipping cream mixed in and then dip the frozen chunks into the chocolate
Re-freeze until chocolate sets

Some, I roll in toasted coconut flakes or white chocolate shavings or cocoa/powdered sugar. The best I've managed to come up with are boxed mix chocolate cake, german chocolate frosting, dark chocolate dip & then rolled again in toasted coconut. Heavenly.

And a teeeeeeny fraction of the cost of the Starbucks pop, which is $1.50. I can make almost 100 of them with one box of cake mix, half a can of frosting, and a bag of chocolate chips.
I tried making these a year ago Christmas, thanks to Bakerella inspiration, and I found they sort of disintegrated in the chocolate. Any hints?

TraciJo67

I tried making these a year ago Christmas, thanks to Bakerella inspiration, and I found they sort of disintegrated in the chocolate. Any hints?
The first few times I made them they were too dry and fell apart. They really need to be softened into an almost cookie dough consistency. Try adding more icing if they fall apart. Also when dipping they should be very cold... almost frozen.

Latest posts

Group builder