• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Recommendations for treating tummy woes?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
Hello all! I've been working on finding foods I can tolerate that does not cause uncomfortable tummy bloat/pain. Hubby and I are recovering from some weird tummy bug :( and so I thought I'd post some of my findings and hope I'll be able to get others to share.

I've been slowly eliminating eating too much sugar and some dairy. Hubby has been drinking Kefir (fruit flavored ones which contain sugar cane juice) that contains probiotics. The other night, I was so desperate to get over this tummy ailment that I tried a small glass of it. No bloating and it actually made my tummy feel better. That same night, I tried putting a pinch of ginger powder in my soup (kale and navy bean soup with chicken broth). No bloating or stomach pain! I thought, hmmm, perhaps I'm on to something here.

I've also been trying several lo-carb recipes, thinking that refined sugar and flour have often been the culprit of my tummy woes. So far, everything we've tried has had good results. Hubby made whole wheat buttermilk pancakes this morning and I am happy to report that my tummy remains free of bloat and pain. So, I was wondering if it was the buttermilk that did the trick as I've always experienced tummy pain and sleepiness after eating pancakes (Aunt Jemima regular pancake mix). I'm also using a sugar-free syrup.

So, what do you all think and care to share any foods or natural remedies for treating tummy woes?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back