Rep whines

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Broken in what way, guys?

If it is just that you need to spread more rep, I can't help with that. If it is something else though I can use my admin skillz to try and fix it.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
There use to be the "Sunburst" Icon that would appear under a user's name when a maximum number of reps would be received. Has this feature in the rep system been modified as well?.....

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
I suspect rep is just calibrated wrong, set for a forum with more users to rep than here. I only use bhm/FFA so there's a limited number of people I can rep so I'm I can't rep anyone unless I rep strangers, or worse, Xyantha.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Bhm/ffa is the only section I like and I feel like that is with good reason.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
I suspect rep is just calibrated wrong, set for a forum with more users to rep than here. I only use bhm/FFA so there's a limited number of people I can rep so I'm I can't rep anyone unless I rep strangers, or worse, Xyantha.
How can i retract rep i gave to you!? And unrep Dwes!

Edit i can give rep but seemingly not as often...maybe because less ppl on bhm ffa

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
I have been testing the rep situation out, and have yet to get restricted. I think it is just a manner of having to spread it around a bit more. I would suggest visiting a board you normally don't and give out some rep!
DragonFly - I think this has something to do with you having Mod status.

I was never allowed to rep anything or anybody - until I turned into a Mod. Suddenly free rep for all.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm going to start a poll on this issue on the Board Business Board, I think. There seems to be agreement from the BHM/FFA group that you want the rep system recalibrating, which I am able to do, but I guess I'd like to give the other groups on the forum a chance to have their say too. I'll put the poll up for a week or so and if you want to raise any other issues you have with the rep system there, that would be awesome. :)

There use to be the "Sunburst" Icon that would appear under a user's name when a maximum number of reps would be received. Has this feature in the rep system been modified as well?.....
Yeah, they took the stars away before I became admin. :( I don't want to undo changes the site owner has made without his permission and honestly, I'm not sure how to get those back. I get the feeling they might have gone as part of the software update.

DragonFly - I think this has something to do with you having Mod status.

I was never allowed to rep anything or anybody - until I turned into a Mod. Suddenly free rep for all.
Yeah, mods can rep anybody an unlimited number of times.

Kompliziert

Complicated
((Wait, what the heck is repping? After somebody mentioned it I found the place on my dashboard where I can see them, but it's not like commenting, is it like voting? Does it have anything to do with those green bars below people's avatars? Can only people who post a lot rep, or is it like a feature that gets unlocked (aside from mods getting unlimited reps)?))

Tad

mostly harmless
if you look in the bottom left corner beside a post, you'll see a silver/white icon that, if you squint just right, looks like a set of old-fashioned two-pan scales. Click on that and you can leave rep for a post, and it will show up on the posters user CP. How many points of rep they get from you is based on your reputation, and there are various rules that mean basically you can't just rep everything you see or the same person all the time.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
It is indeed related to the number of green cans underneath a person's name. We used to have stars as well but for some reason those went the way of the dinosaur a while back.

Makes me sad, I always wanted a star.

ODFFA

It is indeed related to the number of green cans underneath a person's name. We used to have stars as well but for some reason those went the way of the dinosaur a while back.

Makes me sad, I always wanted a star.
It is kind of a pity about the new rep system. The old one just added that little bit of extra excitement.

Group builder