REPLIES vs VIEWS

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
This is kinda shocking to me how many lurkers there are on this board for reals!!! Has anyone noticed the amount of reply's vs the # of times a thread has been viewed? I was just looking at the #s and was vastly surprised...

.................................................................................Replies..........Views
BHM/FFAs Introduce yourself here .................................1 ,323..........80,603
What does DIMs and the BHM/FFA Board Mean to you? ........64 ..... .. 20,391
R A N D OM Awesomeness ............................................1,063 .........33,941
The Music Thread........................................................1,498 ..... ....45,920
The thread for random single confessions! ..................... 5,975 .. ..... 169,504
Gentlemen, Post An Awesome Pic Of Yourselves ........... . 3,435 ........ 208,524
Post Your Sexiest Pics Nekkid ..................................... .. 3,203 ........ 266,369

fritzi

Hmmmh .... even as a committed non-lurker: How many times haved you viewed a thread and not replied??? :D

theronin23

In Remembrance
Hmmmh .... even as a committed non-lurker: How many times haved you viewed a thread and not replied??? :D
This. One thing you gotta remember, every time you go to a thread, it's a view. Those aren't unique views. So, something like the music thread has close to 1,500 posts, and close to 46,000 views. Roughly 1 response for every 30 views. How many times have you clicked that link to see the new posts when it's highlighted?

We have a lot of lurkers, but it's probably not AS bad as you think.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
"We have a lot of lurkers, but it's probably not AS bad as you think."
But it's not like there's anything wrong with lurking per se...Afterall, if one has nothing constructive to say, better they shouldn't bother.

penguin

Fnord
From my experience in various communities, mailing lists and forums, only about 5% of members are active. There might be another 10% or so of casual users, but the vast majority of any group are lurkers.

freakyfred

\_(O_o)_/
I read the title as "REPTILES VS..." and thought it was gonna be a discussion about fictional fight scenarios. Oops!

I wouldn't be surprised that that stuff adds up, especially when lots of people check out any new reply to threads but have nothing to contribute themselves

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
I read the title as "REPTILES VS..." and thought it was gonna be a discussion about fictional fight scenarios. Oops!

I wouldn't be surprised that that stuff adds up, especially when lots of people check out any new reply to threads but have nothing to contribute themselves
Godzilla vs Cloverfield! wait, is cloverfield a reptile? it's an amphibian isnt it... well, i'm out :doh:

I want to see Godzilla Vs. Sharktopus. But that's just me.
haha

and I read that as Godzilla Vs. Jocktopus. I watch Fish Hooks from time to time :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y659E99OPV4

Rojohnson

well i tried to sign up for the forum for a full month before it would let me, the admin had locked the board. That could be a large chunk of the creepers. I creeped before i could sign up

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
well i tried to sign up for the forum for a full month before it would let me, the admin had locked the board. That could be a large chunk of the creepers. I creeped before i could sign up
that doesn't make you a *true creeper* lol..but welcome and glad you made it here!!

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
I don't find it odd at all. There are many times I visit and revisit a thread to check the newest responses. I read many threads but don't reply to all of them, sometimes because someone else has responded with exactly what I was thinking, and responded more eloquently, I might add.

Plus sometimes Mothra hogs the keyboard and only lets me use the mouse

JulieD

I think that this forum has so many great threads, but its aimed towards BHMs and FFA, some times BBWs and FAs aren't always welcome here. So they lurk and don't post. Or maybe not...:confused: