restaurants for big people

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by killaqueen, Apr 9, 2012.

1. May 1, 2012 #21

moore2me

moore2me

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank

Olivio,
    Welcome to DIMS if that is where you intended to time travel to. Just a few helpful hints - set your universal translator to English/human/2012.

Last time I played with Graal, I got my ass kicked and my computer hacked big time - he doesn't play fair with lower life forms. Now that I think about this scenario more, Graal, guns, weird stuff . . . .something familiar . . . .it's the movie Legion! Unless you are working with Men in Black 3.

(Can you get me Will Smith's autograph?)

window legion1.jpg

legion ice cream man.jpg

legion title11.jpg

2. May 1, 2012 #22

Myn

Myn

Myn

I second the comment about just asking the host/ess on the way in. It's not like I'm keeping it a secret at 450 pounds that I'm pretty big around, and if they're going to be snooty or if they're not going to be able to seat me, I need to know early enough to turn around and leave without having to traipse through the restaurant twice. I've found that if I just address the issue up front, the usual response is a quick accommodation and, frequently, apologies for not having anticipated the need.

Leesa likes this.
  3. May 7, 2012 #23

Fatdoug373

Fatdoug373

Fatdoug373

I often have problems with booths and I'm only 6' and 297 lbs with a 56" tummy

4. May 7, 2012 #24

bigmac

bigmac

bigmac

Me too and waist wise I'm not too far out of the norm (48" waist). Interestingly it seems if you pay a little more (as always) the accommodations are much better -- upper tier chains like the Cheesecake Factory have quite spacious seating.