Return of Dimensions?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
If there IS a return of the magazine somehow, I wouldn't mind contributing every now and then in some way.

Duniwin

rebmeM sdrawkcaB
You guys are still thinking old school instead of new school. Here's a question: What happened to other magazines when their print versions folded? It most certainly isn't going the PDF route.

Only other discontinued-from-print magazines I've followed are Dungeon & Dragon Magazines, which are now online subscription pdfs.

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I would be interested in it. I think reading things online is easier anyway. Saves a tree!

I would be glad to help if it's needed.

*goes to look for D&D magazines online now*

kayrae

doot doot doot
make your pdfs then, good luck not following the trend of new media

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
K, I <3 you and all but you sound a little tantrum-ish. What exactly is "the trend of new media"? Inform me.

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
I remember when those Dims PDFs of which we speak first came out... I held my breath that Dimensions would be reborn in digital form... After three years passed, I stopped holding my breath because I turned blue and almost died... Those PDFs came out about eight (?) years ago. Seriously, regardless of where the new media is headed... I wouldn't get too excited about this happening anytime soon. :p

Szombathy

I think it would be great to have a pdf magazine. One thing I used to appreciate about the old print magazine was the depth of the content. Forums are great, but they only give us instant content--not articles or interviews that reflect on important issues. It would be great to have that again.

kayrae

doot doot doot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_media

Zinio's not the way to go. It's print layout regurgitated in digital format. and yeah yeah yeah, I'll give you an honest-to-goodness critique of your interface, Conrad. I just haven't had the time. The forum isn't the design problem, btw. This is actually standard.

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double
It could def. be used to promote serious discussion and longer term in-depth reportage. Well, at least something more than what a forum can offer.

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
I didn't say it's the way to go, only that they're doing quite well. At this point I do not think anyone has the answer on how, and in what form, content will be distributed in the future. As for yeah, yeah, yeah... you offered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_media

Zinio's not the way to go. It's print layout regurgitated in digital format. and yeah yeah yeah, I'll give you an honest-to-goodness critique of your interface, Conrad. I just haven't had the time. The forum isn't the design problem, btw. This is actually standard.

Cat

Gone baby gone
New Adobe PDFs are not your momma's PDFs.

PDFs don't need to be solely a digitized representations of paper. They can be much more. Adobe Acrobat 9 is completely party to the buzz term "new media." Interactivity, video, dynamic shared content, etc. It's all there. The beauty of it (and always has been), it's a universally accessible format for anyone with Reader.

Latest posts