RIP SoVerySoft

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I'm sorry that I missed this thread until now. SVS was always such a class person to deal with. Considerate, insightful, wise, and with an air of not taking this whole life thing too seriously. One of those people that I always wished I could have shared a dinner with. It is so sad to hear that she is no longer with us.

My heart goes to everyone who was close to her.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
When I first joined the mod team SVS was one of the people that welcomed me with open arms and was always so kind and patient. Intelligent, insightful and wise.

Condolences to her friends and family and loved ones.

JMNYC

I haven't been in here in forever, but knew I had to come to pay respects to a delightful friend, someone I stayed in contact with on FB through the years, someone who was funny, upbeat and always welcoming at any bash I attended especially during those awkward few moments when you first arrive. I could always count on Randi for a hug and the bit of catch-up on both our lives before circling around to greet other friends and meeting new ones.

I am sad that she left us but every time I go to her FB page, I see she is smiling. She just refused to stay down. She loved people and she loved life and she loved seafood like it was mother's milk.

But there was another very special thing about our dear Ms. SVS, which I will reveal here, in hopefully the manner in which it's intended - a tidbit of trivia, and an example of steadfast friendship.

Randi was the only person I knew who knew the first and last name of the infamous Kelligrl.

They were both pals in NJ at the time of "Bulge," the famous paper-printed out journal produced by Ms. Girl until abruptly shutting down in 2000, thus creating the urban legend which included people spotting KG in a car with Jimmy Hoffa and Elvis Presley, or rumors that she'd entered the witness protection program and was now running bananas out of Costa Rica. The list goes on.

And Randi wasn't spilling the beans, not then, not now, not ever. I tried, once, just out of curiousity, way back when, and sorry, Charlie.

A friend is a friend and as far as I know, Randi never gave the name up, to anyone, and took it with her.

Now THAT'S a pal.

RIP My friend and thank you for all the hugs, the photo-ops and the laughs.

Attachments

Bogey1942

Saddened to hear of Randi's passing. I met her online way back in the olden days and we had many chats. She was a beautiful, sweet woman and will be missed.

jcas50

Liberal Scum
I read of Randi's passing a few days after it happened. I just stumbled on this memorial board. I was friends with her for many years. We had lobster on the Jersey shore one time. I went to a few NJ bashes where she attended, and was involved with organizing. She was always upbeat, funny, polite, considerate, positive and friendly. Plus truly beautiful and sexy. She knew everybody involved in size acceptance. I was very sad when I heard this news and still feel the loss. I probably will for a long time. I had many email conversations with her and whenever I traveled to New Jersey I tried to have dinner with her. RIP, SVS, you were the best.

Reactions: Tad

GratefulFA

She would be the one to call about something like this. Now what do I do? She was a mentor and full of wisdom, helping me enter the fat world and get my first NAAFA membership and host my own meet and greet for chatsters at the convention. I owe my entire size appreciation existence to SoVerySoft. I don't ever want to do a size event and have her not there. I am crushed. I love you Randi! <3 ~Newfie~