RIP Surlysomething

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Fuzzy posted the information in the Orbituaries thread. I thought it should be posted on this board too, as it was where she was most active.

Almost every time I come to this board I notice one or another of the threads that Surly started, and I'd always wonder how she was doing, and if this was the day I'd find a new post from her. She did post in February this year that things had not been going the best, and looking at her profile one could see that she'd occasionally logged in here (last time was in July). I just hoped that at some point Dimensions would be something that fit into her life again. I never expected that the next thing I'd hear about her was that she was gone.

My deepest sympathies to all her family and friends, and to everyone here who knew her for so many years.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
With great sadness I would like to repost this from the Main Board here:

ConnieLynn posted this information on Facebook:

I'm sorry to say that I've just seen that Tina Thompson has passed today. I chatted with her on and off over the years as Diva on another site before we both ended up on Dims, where she used the nick SurlySomething.

Also, I see on her FB page that they are looking for her friend "Nat". Anyone know any dimmers by that name?
Over the years, Surlysomething definitely was one of the most active, reliable and in her unique way beloved posters on the BHM/FFA board for many years.

Just the fact that the 1. page of this forum alone has 6 threads Surly started are testimony to her important role here.

Many of us have already been missing her of late - and it brings great sorrow to hear her voice is now gone forever.

RIP Surlysomething

LeoGibson

Happy
This definitely came as a shock. We traded messages on FB just a couple weeks ago and she seemed like she was fighting hard to get back to health. This is so completely heartbreaking. She was one of the first people on this site I really became close with and was a really awesome lady and will sorely be missed. I know wherever she is now, the music is awesome and the bullshit is nonexistent! So long Surly, rest easy tough lady.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Oh wow... this really is a shock to hear. Best wishes to her family and friends at this time.

lille

Oh wow. Every time I saw her name I wondered how she was doing. So sad to hear she has passed.

Dr. P Marshall

I rarely come to this site anymore, but for some reason I decided to drop in.....and then I see this. This is devastating. When I first joined and was an active poster here, Surlysomething was one of the mainstays of the board. I never had the honor of meeting her in real life, but she was a big part of the Dims family. She was a smart and interesting woman, who always spoke her mind. My thoughts and love go out to all of her family and friends. RIP lovely.

Latest posts