Quantcast

Sandra Weber-Zitkus (1960-2016)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
My wife Sandie and I were long-time members of the Size Acceptance movement in general and Dimensions in particular, though we haven't been posting here much lately.

Back on February 8th, Sandie called me at work and told me to get home - she needed me. I got there as soon as I could to find her thrashing around on the bed saying she couldn't breathe. I called 911 - as the paramedics were getting her on the gurney, they lost her pulse and started giving her CPR. Once at the hospital, they put her in the ICU in a medically-induced coma with a respirator.

Two days ago, the ICU called me at work; Sandie's kidneys were shutting down and they needed to start dialysis. Yesterday, the doctors told me they needed to connect the respirator directly to Sandie's trachea.

They did the tracheotomy this morning and suddenly, Sandie's heart stopped. They tried CPR and everything else they could think of, but her heart just gave out. She was 55.

Sandie made many friends here on Dimensions over the years, and I though they would want to know of her passing.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
My condolences to you and your family, Wayne. This is very sad news indeed -- the two of you have touched a lot of people in the size acceptance community over the years.

Ho Ho Tai

Wayne -

Though I don't know you personally (and didn't know Sandy) your loss is my loss, is our loss, is everybody's loss. It is my loss because I had many opportunities to communicate with you over the years, and didn't.

For whom doth the bell toll? It tolls loudest for those who could have rung it, an didn't.

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
I am so sorry for your loss and hope the caring thoughts expressed here might bring you some comfort and peace.

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
I'm terribly shocked at this news, I thought Sandie and yourself were just doing fine. My deepest condolences to you at this very sad time.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
DM Supporter
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
My wife Sandie and I were long-time members of the Size Acceptance movement in general and Dimensions in particular, though we haven't been posting her much lately.

Back on February 8th, Sandie called me at work and told me to get home - she needed me. I got there as soon as I could to find her thrashing around on the bed saying she couldn't breathe. I called 911 - as the paramedics were getting her on the gurney, they lost her pulse and started giving her CPR. Once at the hospital, they put her in the ICU in a medically-induced coma with a respirator.

Two days ago, the ICU called me at work; Sandie's kidneys were shutting down and they needed to start dialysis. Yesterday, the doctors told me they needed to connect the respirator directly to Sandie's trachea.

They did the tracheotomy this morning and suddenly, Sandie's heart stopped. They tried CPR and everything else they could think of, but her heart just gave out.

Sandie made many friends here on Dimensions over the years, and I though they would want to know of her passing.
That's terrible! She was really an icon in the movement. She had a wonderful personality and seemed like she had a very kind heart.Please extend my condolences and try to remember all of the people that are thinking of her today.

Dear Sandie,

It's been a good many years since we went after it on this board and Abundance; it's been so long I forgot what all the fighting was about. But even though there were harsh things typed, I think you knew I was never your enemy. I also think you know I enjoyed your energy and passion. You are unforgettable. Since Tina told me the news yesterday, I can't seem to stop thinking about you. I mean, I can't fucking believe it.

Oh man, you were a purple volcano. A wisp of a syllable could ignite you and then, watch out, step back, get out of the way because you were pretty damn fearless and you'd blow up everything in your path. Nothing got past you. As quickly as that fire was lit, empathy and compassion put it out and all that was left was a loving, turbulent heart. You understood pain and it was obvious you wanted to help others' relieve theirs.

I never told you this, but I read your poetry and many of your writings. You were a damn good writer, Sandie. I mean really good, agent-good. Publishing good. I hope you saved your work, it's good stuff. So there you go, the feeling is mutual when it comes to art: I was a fan, too.

Light up the moon with your gypsy dress billowing in the Gothic sky you make to play in as you await your new adventure. I will remember you.

Mindy (aka Lisabeth)

jbason

Heartfelt Condolences to you and your family, Wayne. She has been a light and and Icon form many years in the various communities she graced.
Thank you for the gift of your passion, Sandie. Rest in peace

Tina

Older and wiser now
Sandie deserved a lot better than she got, that's for sure.

Beautiful, heartfelt post, lavender. I know Sandie would love this.

FreeThinker

I'm terribly saddened to hear this news, Wayne.

I don't know what to say. Sandie was amazing.

I wish you strength. You have my deepest condolences.

Latest posts