Quantcast

Saved by the Belly!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
As somebody who loves stuckage, especially when the person can't fit because they are too fat, this is right up my street.

I'm amused they reported him weighing 500 lbs though, he looks nowhere near that, unless his lower body is much larger.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I suppose if he lower body was much larger, it wouldn't have fit in the well, would it? I guess media just likes sensationalising things.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I assumed it was just clueless overly-dramatic fat shame.
"Whoa, that dude is fat! He must weigh 500 pounds!"

"Clueless" because people in the know (us) know what 500 pounds actually looks like versus 300 pounds.
I think that that is how is weight was drastically overestimated. People, who are not used to seeing very fat people, often overestimate a fat person's weight like this.

Shotha

DM Supporter
A formidable girth has its advantages.
There was a case, where a guy was saved by his big belly in Birmingham UK, where I lived a little over 30 years ago. He was the ground keeper of a sports club and he rented a house on the premises. One night some thieves broke into one of the storage sheds and were loading equipment into their getaway vehicle. The noise woke the ground keeper and he rushed out to deal with the situation. One of the thieves started up a chainsaw and lunged at him, cutting him deeply in his belly. The surgeon who operated on him said that the chainsaw had just cut deeply into his belly fat, which had saved his life, because with a thinner man the chainsaw would have cut straight into vital organs.

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
I think that that is how is weight was drastically overestimated. People, who are not used to seeing very fat people, often overestimate a fat person's weight like this.
This brings to mind the separate-yet-maybe-partially-related discussion of fat models’ publicly-advertised weights. We know there’s already a marketplace pressure for higher numbers, given that as a sweeping generalization fatter=sexier, and the most common (and in some ways rather poor) proxy for this is body weight. If it is true that enough FAs to whom a given model or group of models is/are focusing their promotional efforts are real-world inexperienced with a range of fat bodies and their actual weights along the lines and degree of those who overestimated the weight of the gentleman in this news article, then it’s easier to claim weights that would have many of us here face-palming from their obvious exaggeration, yet would “fly” in the target market, potentially drawing more clients.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I've heard similar stories with a fat woman being stabbed in her belly and surviving due to belly fat.
I often get saved from a fate worse than death by my belly. Quite often now, I don't look where I'm going and walk into a closed door. My belly reaches the door before my face does and bounces me back off it, thus saving me from the pain, temporary disfigurement and humiliation of a broken nose.

Latest posts