Scan your face...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
The premise of this thread is very simple. Scan your face or other body parts.

Basically all you have to do is stick your face (or other body part) into a scanner, push the button and post it. (Yes... there will be some other steps involved depending on the brand of scanner you are using... but let's not get bogged down in details at this early stage.) The tricky part is not to breath out because it will fog up your scanner.

Before we get started, I would like to dedicate this first scan to Pinkylou and Rowan, who besides both being all you can eat Smörgåsbords of cuteness, have proven themselves to be persons who appreciate the fine art of face scanning. BTW... I couldn't find a scone, I hope a Candy Corn will suffice... Also, special thanks go to LalaGurl for giving me a renewed sense of porpoise and the huevos to start this thread.

face2.jpg

pinkylou

Freak on a Leash
Stan, you truely are the funniest person I know :D Must have hurt your eyeball though :( Sadly I dont have a scanner but I'll find someone who does!

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
I get the feeling that this thread will inspire a great many PMs of scanned appendages that are unfit for public posting.

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Stan, you truely are the funniest person I know :D Must have hurt your eyeball though :( Sadly I dont have a scanner but I'll find someone who does!

Thanks Pinkylou! Actually it didn't really bother my eye that bad. Only time will tell if I go blind by the end of this thread... :eek: :p

I get the feeling that this thread will inspire a great many PMs of scanned appendages that are unfit for public posting.

I kinda doubt that, but you never know... pleasant surprises sometimes do happen... ;) Ultimately, I have a feeling this thread is headed to the same place most of my other threads go... :blush:

Here's another scan before I hit the road and head home from another day at the office...

face4.jpg

I tried to do my foot, but that's gonna require some stretching exercises I think...

Shosh

Susannah
Not sure about how safe this is to do Stan? I do not like to expose myself to rays etc. I could be wrong.

I have been known to be a nervous Nellie.:p

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
face4.jpg

I tried to do my foot, but that's gonna require some stretching exercises I think...

The composition is sublime.

Notice the direction of the gaze, already fixed on what's ahead.

The colors are pastel-soft--almost as though this were the captured image of a moment fading gracefully out of the present.

I think this represents a basic human optimism about the near future.

The artist clearly knows what he's doing, and it's nothing short of divine.

zacherley

hmm, i do have a scanner...but what to scan...:confused:
Though the title of the thread suggests 'face' (and that would be in the keeping with the spirit of the thread), the letter of the thread does allow for "or other body part".

Is there anything in the bylaws forbidding multiple scans? Or is that too much exposure to 'rays'?

Shosh

Susannah
It's smart to be cautious, Shosh. There was a movie about this, Scanners, made in the '80s. This is what happened to one guy.

Exactly son. I shall be not be getting my tatas out for this lil experiment.

I don't want Fricassee of Tata. Not my fave dish.:p

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
The composition is sublime.

Notice the direction of the gaze, already fixed on what's ahead.

The colors are pastel-soft--almost as though this were the captured image of a moment fading gracefully out of the present.

I think this represents a basic human optimism about the near future.

The artist clearly knows what he's doing, and it's nothing short of divine.

You are definitely an arteeest at heart Fascinita (with at least three "e"s...)

I remember in art school one of my instructors used to say that I was an "over analyzer". Just sayin'... ;) Speaking of art... true story... Back in the '80s when I was in art school we used to use scanners to make images of small sculpture pieces of ours because digital cameras weren't available for us to use, and if done right, images from scanners can look very 3-D.

Shosh, from what I've heard the light in a scanner is no worse than the light emitted from a television CRT or the flash of a camera, or the sun, or blinding headlights from a car... (I forgot which...)

... and Santaclear, the only response I have to that image you posted is a resounding "ouch".

Anyhoo... here is a scan of my foot... and yes that is duct tape on my toe (long story...)

foot.jpg

BTW... there isn't really a notch missing out of my heal. Don't know what happened there...

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Exactly son. I shall be not be getting my tatas out for this lil experiment.

I don't want Fricassee of Tata. Not my fave dish.:p

BTW Shosh... the little red thingies at the tip of your tatas don't have retinas in them, you might actually get a bit of a tan... no worries girl, go for it! ;)

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
You are definitely an arteeest at heart Fascinita (with at least three "e"s...)

Why, thank you. That is a compliment true, coming from one as arteeeeeeestic as you.

I remember in art school one of my instructors used to say that I was an "over analyzer". Just sayin'... ;)

I over-analyze for yucks only. Writing is my "scanner," so to speak.

Tomorrow, I deconstruct your foot!

(You know what you should scan? Your fat lady tattoo, that's what!)

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
BTW Shosh... the little red thingies at the tip of your tatas don't have retinas in them, you might actually get a bit of a tan... no worries girl, go for it! ;)

Actually, sometimes your retinas have tatas at the tip. :eek: At least Magritte seems to think so.

face.jpg

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Why, thank you. That is a compliment true, coming from one as arteeeeeeestic as you.

You are very welcome... and thank you ma'am!

I over-analyze for yucks only. Writing is my "scanner," so to speak.

Tomorrow, I deconstruct your foot!

Looking forward to it!

Um... just re-construct it back to the way you found it... that's all I ask. ;)

(You know what you should scan? Your fat lady tattoo, that's what!)

I did consider attempting a scan of "Smoochie" (as my fat girl tat is named) but I need to get some more Windex first... skin oils on the glass... don't want the scanner getting too yucky...

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
Stan...I thought the first shot was you with a cigarette in your mouth....with lit end inside....and was thinking damn badassssssss...how long did he do that fer????/ :doh:

candycorn....ohhhhhhhh

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog

Stan...I thought the first shot was you with a cigarette in your mouth....with lit end inside....and was thinking damn badassssssss...how long did he do that fer????/ :doh:

candycorn....ohhhhhhhh

Nope just a candy corn... a cigarette probably would have set off the fire sprinklers in the shop... would have made for an interesting scan come to think about it...

So ah... Fascinating-One and Ms. HD... Let's see some face scans already! ;)

FreeThinker

candycorn....ohhhhhhhh

I kinda thought it looked like he caught a bullet between his teeth.

Even badder-ass!

But I guess Stan's lamer than we give him credit for...I mean..."more sensible". :p

Hey Stan, I've noticed that, in the harsh, prolonged light of the scanner, your pupils get, like, rilly small, dood. I imagine this type of pic would be popular with the ladies then, as it shows off much more of the blue in your eyes, without all that distracting black bit in the center.