Secret Message Service!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

What kind of messages should be allowed?

• Positive only! Smiles all around.

• Positive AND negative! More fun, after all.

• Negative only! I realize this isn't actually an option, but I'm a jerk.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Last week I put the wrong name in one of these.

^ Oh gosh, and then you had to go and SAY you did? I stuck it here just so everyone else can be as curious as myself...

Bmann0413: You seem like a really nice guy and a lot of your pictures are quite classy. But you post so many, you come off as being a little narcissistic or just self-esteemless.

Charlotte BBW - You probably don't even know I exist, but I wish you would stop wasting your time on men who keep breaking your heart. If you'd give me a chance, I would give you the world.

fat9276: You're completely delightful. You have a lot of character, and I feel like you'll always surprise me somehow.

Hozay- You always bring a smile to my face. Such a happy guy

loopytheone- the only people you would drive away are ones who deserve it, and they can go fuck themselves. Keep being fantastic <3

lovelylady78- I want you to ride my face.

Saoirse - ease up on the 24/7 sex talk, you sound desperate, needy and grossly promiscuous. No, we're not jealous you're getting so much, we're just sick of hearing about it constantly. You're worth way more than the amount of men you bed.

Surly: I'd love to party with you, but I'd hate to be your roommate.

The BHM/FFA board: People say you are the friendliest and most accepting board of all. I find you the least accepting, I am much more comfortable in other boards and maybe you should stop all the back patting and recognise this.

^ See, I think this can possibly vary upon interpretation. Ideologically speaking? I think we're pretty accepting. But, well, can we tend towards the insensitive asshole side of the spectrum in certain contexts? I won't say no...

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
The BHM/FFA board: People say you are the friendliest and most accepting board of all. I find you the least accepting, I am much more comfortable in other boards and maybe you should stop all the back patting and recognise this.
Should I take any responsibility for some of this? I haven't been an active poster that much lately so I think that maybe I can be excused from this one.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles

^ See, I think this can possibly vary upon interpretation. Ideologically speaking? I think we're pretty accepting. But, well, can we tend towards the insensitive asshole side of the spectrum in certain contexts? I won't say no...

I haven't had any problems with the boards. But then again, I don't take others comments of my post to heart. :shrugging shoulders:

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I haven't had a "roommate" since I was 18. No worries there.
I'm very much a lone wolf.

You people don't think I know who I am?

haha.

Last week I put the wrong name in one of these.

Surly: I'd love to party with you, but I'd hate to be your roommate.

ODFFA

What Amaranthine said, really. We come off, on one hand, perhaps more "drama free" because we tend to keep the conversation light and fun, for the most part. So, I would say the back patting isn't completely undeserved.

But you're not wrong at all either. From where I sit, I've seen many a newcomer not even being given half a chance to find their feet here, or someone trying to do a bit of self-exploration without much hope of a little support (which isn't alllways pretty, let's face it. Haven't we all been there? Or were 'we' just born awesome?)

We really can be unnecessarily hardass. And definitely a little cliquey. I still marvel at how mostly-smooth my venture into this board has gone, because I do feel like I struck it lucky. And maybe I also quickly realised there's a bit of a.... norm to conform to? :rolleyes:

Tad

mostly harmless
What Amaranthine said, really. We come off, on one hand, perhaps more "drama free" because we tend to keep the conversation light and fun, for the most part. So, I would say the back patting isn't completely undeserved.

But you're not wrong at all either. From where I sit, I've seen many a newcomer not even being given half a chance to find their feet here, or someone trying to do a bit of self-exploration without much hope of a little support (which isn't alllways pretty, let's face it. Haven't we all been there? Or were 'we' just born awesome?)

We really can be unnecessarily hardass. And definitely a little cliquey. I still marvel at how mostly-smooth my venture into this board has gone, because I do feel like I struck it lucky. And maybe I also quickly realised there's a bit of a.... norm to conform to? :rolleyes:
I'd say that is a pretty fair summary.

Two particular things that I've seen happen repeatedly:

- I think one of the areas where people can kind of fall between boards on Dimensions is with respect to pro-fat sexuality and being a BHM or FFA--the weight board tends to focus on BBW and MFA, while this board tends not to welcome discussion of fat kink.

- This board can be pretty snarky. The regulars tend to be people who can roll with that tone of things, or at least not get too upset. But this snark can get unleashed on someone who isn't used to it, who put one foot wrong and irritated people. And the snark can quickly get piled on snark. If you are new and don't realize how often things here go that way, you could easily feel very much under attack, when your intentions were good, and that is a very good way to alienate people.

I think both of these are partially the result of people liking the board a certain way, sort of an unintended consequence of what is mostly a good thing. The sad part is that any discussion board needs a flow of new people onto it, because people will fade off or leave for a variety of reasons, not to mention get bored of each other. I would like to see this board be more welcoming....but at the same time, I also like what it is, and wouldn't want to force that on anyone.

WVMountainrear

Poster formerly known as lovelylady78
lovelylady78- I want you to ride my face.
Oh, snap. I enjoy your direct approach here; however, I am going to need to know whose face I would be riding before I decide whether or not to consent to any such activity... :p

WVMountainrear

Poster formerly known as lovelylady78

My venture into the BHM/FFA board did not go smoothly, but sticking out the introductory patchy waters was well worth it...and I've come to understand and appreciate the people here and have more than made nice with those posters with whom there was an initial friction. It's amazing what can happen when you actually take the time to communicate with people. In other words, give this board a chance...it's really not that bad when you get to know who everyone is as an individual behind the occasional snark.

(Then again, I'm a glutton for punishment and kind of an asshole, which makes me hard to get rid of.) :)

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
Bmann0413: You seem like a really nice guy and a lot of your pictures are quite classy. But you post so many, you come off as being a little narcissistic or just self-esteemless.
Hm. I didn't realize that me posting my pictures so much was a problem. I mean, I guess I could post a little less of 'em. Didn't mean to be a bother or anything. Oh, and thanks for the compliment about me and my pictures, btw. :)

And in case you were wondering, I do have low self-esteem. I'm trying to gain more of that, though. The pictures help a bit.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Hm. I didn't realize that me posting my pictures so much was a problem. I mean, I guess I could post a little less of 'em. Didn't mean to be a bother or anything. Oh, and thanks for the compliment about me and my pictures, btw. :)

And in case you were wondering, I do have low self-esteem. I'm trying to gain more of that, though. The pictures help a bit.
??
I have never noticed that you post "too many" pictures. They don't bother me, and I'm sure they don't bother 99.9% of the people on this board. I enjoy seeing them! It would be a shame if you stopped posting.

Whoever sent this message can cram it.

x0emnem0x

Words.

Don't take it to heart. Lmao, apparently I post too many as well. I just like showing off! Nothing wrong with it. I enjoy all of your pictures as well.

Mordecai

The fire is coming for us
I lose interest in things quickly, so I come and go as long as I'm in an interested phase.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher

Please don't stop. I like that you post more pictures now. It's like seeing a friend more often. **:)waves:)** Some people are just weird about people posting pictures in picture posting threads. If you post more than them then you post too much.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles

Post as many as you like. I like to look at them. Whoever doesn't can just skip your post. Please keep posting!

LeoGibson

Happy
ODFFA, Tad , amd Lovelylady78 were pretty spot-on. I would also like to add a few observations I have on this particular board.

1. This board is predominately populated by guys and as such the energy tends to run more towards the masculine side. Even quite a few of the women regulars seem to have a fair bit of that masculine energy as well. That means that instead of hand-holding and kumbaya you get more ball-busting and sarcasm. That is, generally speaking, the male equivalent to a great big hug and a pat on the back saying, "chin up fella!" The more liked you are, the more ball busting you're gonna get at times. If you need a more "Oprah" or "Ellen" experience, the lounge would be a good board for you.

2. While fat is a big part of how most of us wound up here, it is less important on this sub-forum than on any other. If you are more into the fetish-y aspects of this, then this probably isn't a board you want to spend much time in. Do not expect to post up some glorious belly shots with no other content and expect every lady to on the board to swoon and go giddy at the magnificence that is your headless gut picture. That type of behavior is not very well received here.

If the fetish angle is what you're after, try the fa/ffa,fat sexuality, and the weight board forums. If fat activism is your bag, then the main board would be a good spot for you to hang out in.

3. Things can get debated on this board. People can have differing opinions and discuss their points of view on a subject without devolving into the lovely, "you're a doody-head, no you're a doody-head," type of exchanges. But, if you are the type that cannot handle someone else having a different opinion from yours, then piss off! It does not make someone mean or evil or even necessarily wrong if they have a different take on a subject than yours. Also, remember, that as passionately as you feel about your opinion, they feel equally as passionate about theirs. If you can't handle being questioned and debated about your opinion, or being told that someone thinks you're wrong and here is why, then you definitely will not like it here.

4. Finally, the ones that aggravate me personally the most. If you are one of these ho-hum, woe is me, Snuffleupagus types. You most certainly will not like it here.

If you're the guy that is oh so sensitive and fragile because everyone picked on you and bullied you and harassed you in general, even your family members, and now you can't do anything for yourself or on your own. Do you really think you are the only one here with a story? Are you the only guy here that had it rough? If sympathy is what you're looking for, then to quote from a long-ago book I read, "Sympathy can be found in the dictionary somewhere in between Shit and Syphilis."

Most of the guys on this board likely grew up tormented by those around them, parents, siblings, class mates. Everyone was bullied at some point. The difference is that most of the regulars here figured out how to stand up for themselves and respect themselves and command respect from others. Either by wits, or fists or both. In some cases moving out and going it alone. If you are over the age of majority, then there is no excuse for you to stay anywhere you are not given basic respect.

In this world you get the respect you command. Now I don't mean like some bad WWE cartoon-ish type villain. You command respect from others by living your life with honor, integrity, and dignity. You respect others and in turn you never accept any from of disrespect from anyone. If that means cutting people out of your life until they realize you will not be treated poorly by them, then so be it. As an adult, you are only treated the way you allow yourself to be treated, and just because you share old memories, or even DNA in the case of family, does not mean they get a free pass to treat you like dirt. Reach down deep and grab a hold of your marble bag and give those two li'l stones a good hard squeeze, almost to the point where they just start to hurt a little bit. Feel that pain? Good, that means you still have a pair, now go and fucking put them to use.

In closing, if these pertain to you, now you have an idea of how things happen around here. It's up to you if you want to ride out the getting-to-know-you period and have a good time here on this particular board or not. If you have the wherewithal to stick it out and become a regular poster, great! If not, well then, that is your loss.

Group builder