Secret Message Service!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

What kind of messages should be allowed?

• Positive only! Smiles all around.

• Positive AND negative! More fun, after all.

• Negative only! I realize this isn't actually an option, but I'm a jerk.

Results are only viewable after voting.

daddyoh70

DYELB?
daddyoh70: Between your handsome good looks and your incredible personality, I never had a chance...SUCH a huge crush on you from my very first day here.
Awww shucks. :blush: Thank you, whoever you are. I'm just wondering if you typed in the right user name.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Amaranthine. Spandex is must. You start Monday. (I couldn't be readier! Actually, that's completely untrue - but in theory...)

biglynch: You are absolutely gorgeous and your naked pictures make me want to do unspeakable things to you

biglynch: I haven't been able to rep you lately, but if I had the ability, you'd be getting some lewd comments.

DaddyOh: From the moment I showed up on dims I knew I wanted to be like you.

Dromond: I wish we lived closer so we could hang out, and you could teach me to be the man I know I can be.

Esther: You rock, and I'm sad you don't post more.

FishCharming missing seeing you around at all.

Goreki: Your boobs are amazing!

Hozay: I used to think you were just looking for attention and wanted everyone to like you. After taking the time to actually get to know you I've come to realize your narcissism is just a front and you are one of the most kind and sincere individuals I have ever "met."

Loopytheone - you're 24? You act like you're 16, and don't appear to be qualified to comment on anything. If you actually succeed in entering a clinical field, I'd be terrified to have any testing of mine depend on your competence.

Lovelylady78: loved your video.. and you.

Paquito miss seeing you around more.

penguin: You are a beautiful woman and obviously highly intelligent but you come across as someone who thinks their way of thinking, is the only way that could possibly right. Do you ever validate anyone else's opinions or feelings besides your own?

Sasquatch: You presence is missed.

Soiarse: I wish my dick was huge so we could fuck for a weekend and just get lost in each other.

Surlysomething: Major crush on you. Just keep doing your thing.

Surly: There's a difference between being "real" and being a bitch. I think you knowingly cross the line and use "real" as an excuse. Don't be such a dick.

Tad: You're just swell.

Uh, so apparently this is also partially the not-so-anonymous comments thread. I never expected this exact sort of situation, so I'm just going to go about my posting and assume this won't be a thing again:

.......MOD EDIT: cutting out a non-anonymous post, being used to circumvent a one week ban. If you are on time out, you are on time out, and if you want to put your name to an opinion there are regular posts where you can do so. --Tad

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
Big Beautiful Dreamer (*rolls eyes*) Your terrible moderating is why nobody wants to post in Hyde Park anymore. Seriously, you flat-out SUCK at it. Numerous people keep telling you that its two specific people who've destroyed the forum and you refuse to DO anything about it beyond a spineless "c'mon guys, try to be nice to each other" thread. Yeah I'm sure that'll do it. Uh-oh, someone just said something mean about Ann Coulter! Now THERE'S a real problem! Go get em!! (This is Cobra Verde by the way. I wouldn't have posted this anonymously but you've banned me for weeks for saying mean, true things about the throbbing tumors who've destroyed an entire forum - and who, of course, continue to post with total impunity. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5170.)
I've assembled a picture collage summary of your "anonymous" post, mister Cojak Verdant or whatever your name is

Paquito

don't July to me
Paquito: Miss your short, to the point posts!
:kiss2:

Paquito miss seeing you around more.
:kiss2::kiss2:
Big Beautiful Dreamer (*rolls eyes*) Your terrible moderating is why nobody wants to post in Hyde Park anymore. Seriously, you flat-out SUCK at it. Numerous people keep telling you that its two specific people who've destroyed the forum and you refuse to DO anything about it beyond a spineless "c'mon guys, try to be nice to each other" thread. Yeah I'm sure that'll do it. Uh-oh, someone just said something mean about Ann Coulter! Now THERE'S a real problem! Go get em!! (This is Cobra Verde by the way. I wouldn't have posted this anonymously but you've banned me for weeks for saying mean, true things about the throbbing tumors who've destroyed an entire forum - and who, of course, continue to post with total impunity. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5170.)

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I would really like to know how i'm being a bitch. For real. Haha.

Most of the stuff I post on here is what i'm listening to or how shitty my day is. So...? I wish you posted some examples too, because right now this isn't making any sense whatsoever.

I don't have empathy for people that get themselves into shitty situations and then sit there and rot and complain. Accountability? People need to get some and quit whining about how mean or how bitchy honest people are and how life has dealt them a shitty hand. You're the only you out there so get living or get dying.

Welcome to the real world. ;)

Surly: There's a difference between being "real" and being a bitch. I think you knowingly cross the line and use "real" as an excuse. Don't be such a dick.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Loopytheone - you're 24? You act like you're 16, and don't appear to be qualified to comment on anything. If you actually succeed in entering a clinical field, I'd be terrified to have any testing of mine depend on your competence.
Um, Amaranthine, I fail to see how this is constructive criticism.

For the record, I have many qualifications, including my Zoology degree where I won literally every single academic award available for my course including the highest overall mark in the department for every year I was at the university, which is one of the best in the world for the degree I studied. Interestingly, I have noticed that every intelligent person I have met instantly recognises my intelligence and skills without being told about any of this. It is only ever stupid people that have thought I am anything less than that, so make of that what you will, love. :kiss2:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Incidentally, I loved the idea of this thread at first but it has just turned into a way for cowards to heap abuse onto people they don't like without facing the consequences. I love this forum and have never had to deal with this rubbish before now. I have no issue with constructive criticism but me and other people on here are just being attacked, despite Amaranthine saying she wouldn't let it descend into this. I don't think this thread is constructive or helpful at all.

Also, the amount of BHM that complain about the lack of FFA... then drive them away? Not surprised you can't find any ladies to spend your time with...

This thread, interestingly, is a great example of GIFT... is you don't know what that is, look it up. <3

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
Incidentally, I loved the idea of this thread at first but it has just turned into a way for cowards to heap abuse onto people they don't like without facing the consequences. I love this forum and have never had to deal with this rubbish before now. I have no issue with constructive criticism but me and other people on here are just being attacked, despite Amaranthine saying she wouldn't let it descend into this. I don't think this thread is constructive or helpful at all.

Also, the amount of BHM that complain about the lack of FFA... then drive them away? Not surprised you can't find any ladies to spend your time with...

This thread, interestingly, is a great example of GIFT... is you don't know what that is, look it up. <3
Yeah, I have to agree with this. The problem with this anonymous thing is it allows even just a single person with an agenda the ability to harass whoever they want, with no repercussions whatsoever. Constructive criticism is one thing, but a few of the comments (or really, straight up insults) that have been getting lobbed at loopy and a few of the others seriously cross the line, imo.

The thread (and the idea) itself is awesome, but some people seem to be taking advantage of it in a shitty way. It might be better to send the more questionable/critical messages to the person they're directed at first before posting them publicly. Just a thought.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yeah, I have to agree with this. The problem with this anonymous thing is it allows even just a single person with an agenda the ability to harass whoever they want, with no repercussions whatsoever. Constructive criticism is one thing, but a few of the comments (or really, straight up insults) that have been getting lobbed at loopy and a few of the others seriously cross the line, imo.

The thread (and the idea) itself is awesome, but some people seem to be taking advantage of it in a shitty way. It might be better to send the more questionable/critical messages to the person they're directed at first before posting them publicly. Just a thought.
I dunno about that last suggestion, to be honest if I want to be able to ignore this thread then I don't want Amaranthine PMing me with abusive anonymous messages people have sent me so I can't get away from it even if I leave the thread alone. But thank you for adding your opinion. :kiss2:

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
I dunno about that last suggestion, to be honest if I want to be able to ignore this thread then I don't want Amaranthine PMing me with abusive anonymous messages people have sent me so I can't get away from it even if I leave the thread alone. But thank you for adding your opinion. :kiss2:
That's a good point. Maybe an option to opt out entirely (or at least from getting the more negative messages) would be a better way to go.

In any case, to hell with whoever is spitting the vitriol. Allow me to cancel them out by saying that I think you kick some serious ass ;).

fat9276

Um, Amaranthine, I fail to see how this is constructive criticism.

For the record, I have many qualifications, including my Zoology degree where I won literally every single academic award available for my course including the highest overall mark in the department for every year I was at the university, which is one of the best in the world for the degree I studied. Interestingly, I have noticed that every intelligent person I have met instantly recognises my intelligence and skills without being told about any of this. It is only ever stupid people that have thought I am anything less than that, so make of that what you will, love. :kiss2:

I do agree that someone or some people seem to want to thrash you a bit, however, I feel that this reply isn't going to make it any easier for you.

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I've gotten a couple shitty messages, and a few lovely ones. If I kept getting message after message telling me how terrible I was, two things would cross my mind either a) someONE doesn't like me and they're being cowardly or b) people DO think I'm shitty and I'd take the whole thing as constructive.

Really though, who cares what, not only a random person, but an anonymous person from the Internet thinks? It's a sincere question, why care? Do what SurlySomething does, stick your tits out (real or metaphorical) and keep on keeping on. Don't let some faceless asshole tell you who you are. Unless it's several faceless assholes, then maybe take it into consideration.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Admittedly, I've been giving the benefit of the doubt to the message-writers, rather than the recipients. Partially because enough people have expressed that they don't care about what kinds of messages get posted about them, and partially because people writing more negative messages has coincided with me being busier overall...so it's been easier to just post things if I don't see super offensive language being included.

But considering it's causing some issues, I can just up the filtering a little more. Alternatively, people can note their own preference for what kind of messages can get posted about them. Personally, I'd be fine with completely negative ones because I'd be curious to read what people have to say/see how I feel about it. But I get that not everyone feels that way.

Anyway, if a negative message HAS been posted about you, and you're not happy with this - you could ask Tad to edit it out and I'll be sure to avoid posting any that might possibly come up in the future.

As one more note, I was thinking about adding in a little theme every once in awhile. Or having anyone else suggest one when they'd like. Mainly because people are probably going to run out of their initial thoughts after awhile, and that's a potential reason why more negativity might be happening. And a big aspect is just enjoying reading all the messages coming in. So if anyone has some sort of potential theme they'd like to see happen - say, how your perception of someone has changed throughout your time on dims - then just suggest it on the thread, and maybe people will listen! Or at least, I'll go in and write a ton of messages so everyone can pretend that people care about suggestions!

fat9276

^^ must rep you again when I can.

This is true. T gets a lot of crap and she just gives it right back to them.

Tad

mostly harmless
The ongoing anonymous critiques--as seen with Loopy but there has been some with others too--are bugging me both in general and in my moderator capacity. With regard to that latter there was some concern raised in the moderator forum that this could be an avenue for anonymous attacks, something that obviously the boards don't allow in general, but I said "let's see how it goes, for the most part it is a pretty mature lot on this board, let's hope we can trust them to play nicely."

I think this thread can be fun, but the usage of this thread to mount an ongoing, anonymous, attack certainly argues for the "nope, more trouble than it is worth" side of things. With my moderator hat on, consider this a 'yellow card' to the thread.

Taking my moderator hat off, I have a suggestion, but it is only just one person's suggestion, not Mod mandated 'do this.' I'm cool with others arguing against this, or proposing other ideas.

My suggestion is that as a rule of thumb: No follow-up comments. Make your comment, then you are done with the topic. The person can ignore it, thank you, deflect it, argue against it.... but whatever, let it be. If you have an issue with the person and want an on-going dialogue, you can obviously do that, but not anonymously.

What say others, does that sound like a fair guideline to ask people to follow?

Latest posts