Secret Message Service!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

What kind of messages should be allowed?

• Positive only! Smiles all around.

• Positive AND negative! More fun, after all.

• Negative only! I realize this isn't actually an option, but I'm a jerk.

Results are only viewable after voting.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Um, I just want to say to Amaranthine, that I want out, I don't want to play this game anymore, it stopped being fun for me. So I would appreciate it if I didn't get anymore anonymous messages posted to me, positive or negative. Thank you.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
^ Done. If any more are submitted, I'll just omit them for you.

I like the idea of posting a topic and running with that. Amaranthine might be s kind as to give us something to target our love/rage at.

I hear Barack Obama is off limits :p
Does that mean the lovely denizens of Hyde Park are as well? :p

I'm trying to think of actually-creative little prompts that people could potentially use as inspiration. Needless to say, I'm failing at it. So here's something generic, and with a little lewd potential because I'm a creep. Of course, the comments aren't limited to this.

If you had the chance to hang out with someone here, who would you pick and what would you like to do with them? There's plenty of range from platonic shared interests, to date plans, and absurd plots to destroy the world.

Amaranthine: Every time I hear about the missing plane and how there's "no survivors" I think of a masked, roided-up, freestyling terrorist being told he sucks. I hate you. PS No (First laugh of the day achieved. PS: Nah, not doing it.)

Agouderia: You might just be busier lately, but I hope we didn't scare you off from posting in BHM/FFA more often.

Analikesyourface You always look like trouble. Glorious, beautiful, super fun, trouble.

Anyone: I just wish someone would notice me enough to leave me a secret message.

CastingPearls- I always appreciate your genuineness your thoughtfullness..and you are one brave motherfackah

Esther- You are a gem

freakyfred: The cutiest cutie that there ever was. D'awww :)

FreakyFred So cuuuuuute! I just want to nibble on you.

Freakyfred: Why do you live so far away from me?

Hozay: You're amazing, but i'm unsure about the pink pants.

LeoGibson- I really had a sorta crush on you til the last photo...showed you for who you are in your nekidness. I don't understand married people needing to get validation of their appeal here.

LeoGibson: I used to be unsure of how I felt about you, but I definitely respect & admire you now.

Leo Gibson: More naked pictures, por favor

Librarygirl: We're really worried about you. Take good care of yourself & get well soon!

Lucca: I love your enthusiasm and insight. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Lucca: speaking of crushes....... :) :) :)

Melian: badass

MrSensible: Your username really does suit you! You always have something interesting and well thought out to say.

SurlySomething: You might be a little rough sometimes, but I can see the kindness and awesomeness that's there too. People and life can suck too hard, right?

Tad: Dims would be a better place if people not only admired you, but tried to learn from you.

The SMS thread: Take it with a grain of salt. No really bad bashing has occurred. The criticism given has a foundation in people's posting style - so think about it. People here mostly mean well.

x0emnem0x: You're outrageously pretty.

x0emnem0x

Words.
MrSensible: Your username really does suit you! You always have something interesting and well thought out to say.

x0emnem0x: You're outrageously pretty.
MrSensible is very sensible. LOL. I have had the pleasure of talking to him and he is quite the individual...

Also, whoever thinks I'm pretty thank you! :happy:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
For what it is worth, I don't have an issue with constructive criticism at all. It has made me look at the way I have posted and realised that I need to take a step back and think things through sometimes before flying into things. I also think that a lot of my posts come off a different way to how they are intended. I have been told on this thread I make 'irate' posts which to be honest totally puzzled me at first because I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I have actually been angry or annoyed about something on this forum and every single time my response has been to leave the thread and never look at it again. I don't come online to get upset or annoyed and if I find myself getting that way then I just leave the thread and put it out of my mind. But obviously I am doing something wrong if my posts are coming off as angry when they are, at worst, exasperated and sarcastic. I speak the same way in real life as I do online and never have the problem of people thinking I am angry so I guess I need to learn to communicate differently on here. I should add that this is my only experience in life of commenting and being part of a forum because my social anxiety reaches far enough that I have been too afraid to comment on public forums until the last couple of years.

On the other hand, I think that some of the latter comments I have received on here have waaay crossed the line from constructive to just insulting and abusive and that isn't fair. Tad hit the nail on the head when he said that this a place some of us come to feel safe and accepted and getting attacked here can feel like a slap in the face even if it is just by anonymous people. Also, I am not Surly or Hozay, I don't have their thick skin and I don't think that is a flaw on my part. If you can shake off comments then that is awesome, you are awesome. But I don't and it isn't just something you can choose to have and it immediately happens. I admit that I have been posting very little since this thread opened up because I feel rejected and harassed, like I have to be second guessing everything I put in case somebody else decides to have an anonymous stab in the dark at me. I have considered leaving this whole forum several times as I don't feel safe or accepted here anymore. Over reaction? Yep, for sure. On the other hand, no matter how many times people tell me to grow a pair it doesn't stop me from feeling this way and if I could just decide not to be hurt then I would.

Anyway, that is everything I have to say on this topic, I am gonna leave this thread completely. I just wish this had been as fun for everyone as I had hoped/thought it was going to be.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
LeoGibson- I really had a sorta crush on you til the last photo...showed you for who you are in your nekidness. I don't understand married people needing to get validation of their appeal here.
:confused: If his wifey is ok with him posting, then what is the big deal?

I say post more! :D

On a serious note, If I were married to eye candy like that I post the pics myself. Also, I don't care where my man gets his "car" strated.. as long as my "garage" is the ONLY place he is parking it. That is all that matters.

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
:confused: If his wifey is ok with him posting, then what is the big deal?

I say post more! :D

On a serious note, If I were married to eye candy like that I post the pics myself. Also, I don't care where my man gets his "car" strated.. as long as my "garage" is the ONLY place he is parking it. That is all that matters.
she means penis and vagina guys.

lille

The SMS thread: Take it with a grain of salt. No really bad bashing has occurred. The criticism given has a foundation in people's posting style - so think about it. People here mostly mean well.
Loopy received a message that said only "you are the worst" and I was got one that said "go away", I fail to see how that is in any way constructive criticism or well meaning.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Loopy received a message that said only "you are the worst" and I was got one that said "go away", I fail to see how that is in any way constructive criticism or well meaning.
I got one saying that they hope I die in a fire. How the fuck is this stuff not "really bad bashing" or well-intentioned criticism?

x0emnem0x

Words.
I got one saying that they hope I die in a fire. How the fuck is this stuff not "really bad bashing" or well-intentioned criticism?
LOL. Whoever posted this thing about not really bashing is probably the one who posts the crappy stuff. >_> I've seen some shitty stuff coming from this SMS service, I enjoy the good stuff but some is just uncalled for.

missyj1978

Some of the stuff posted is just plain right out nasty! NEVER wish death on someone wtf :mad:

LeoGibson

Happy
Oh my, I have been publicly outed as being married and chastised for daring to not conform to your social mores. Whatever should I do?:rolleyes:

First off, I require no validation from you or anyone else for that matter, either here or IRL. I live as I choose to live and do as I choose to do.I post pictures like that,
A. because it's fun and I enjoy it
B. I have a bit of an exhibitionist streak in me
C. it's only fair to post in return thanks to all the gorgeous ladies that post them as well

Should male and female actors and models or other folks stop appearing in magazines or calendars or any type of pictures or media and the like that is a tad bit risque if they are married? Should all married people run around in a burqa to satisfy your values?

Yes, you saw me for who I am, just as you always get to see me for who I am. I make no bones about it. I am me for good or ill. The me that you can read in a post is the exact same me you would run into in a coffee shop. I am totally above-board and honest in all things.

It is no secret I am married and I do not keep it hidden nor do I try to hook up with anyone on the side. However, if I did, what business is it of yours? As long as I'm not trying to get something going with you and telling you all kinds of lies, then it's absolutely none of your business whatsoever what another grown adult chooses to do with their personal life. Who made you the arbiter of what another adult's social and sexual mores should be? Seeing as how I am not married to you, and I'm not trying to romance you, then you get no opinion on how I conduct my personal life.

Finally, it's probably a good thing you no longer have a small crush on me because I can honestly say, anyone that feels they should dictate what another human being should or shouldn't do is nobody I would want to be around for more than about 30 seconds. We definitely would not get along.

LeoGibson: I used to be unsure of how I felt about you, but I definitely respect & admire you now.
Well, in that case, have I got a business opportunity for you. I have this awesome beach house just outside of Tuscon that can be had for a steal. HMU for details and my consulting fee!;)

Seriously, thank you. That is a very nice thing to say and it means a lot.:happy:

Leo Gibson: More naked pictures, por favor
:blush:

Thanks, but I'm afraid I may have to take all future pics covered from head to toe to keep from offending Sister Mary Margaret! :p:D

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
Thanks, but I'm afraid I may have to take all future pics covered from head to toe to keep from offending Sister Mary Margaret! :p:D
Screw Sister Mary no fun! (hmm.. maybe that is the problem. Maybe she is frustrated) Take more naked pics!!!!:D

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
CastingPearls- I always appreciate your genuineness your thoughtfullness..and you are one brave motherfackah

This ^^^ and others were incredibly kind. Thank you, whoever you are.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
anon said:
I think whomever wrote that tried to keep the completely bad ones in mind. I think there's a few levels of bad. There's constructive criticism. Which those are definitely not. Then there's just straight-up negative messages that actually try to ground themselves in something about the person, or a perception of them. Also not really those. And then there's the ones that are so totally absurd, it's hard to take the person that wrote them seriously. That's what I would consider those. But...now I get that not everyone is really inclined to disregard them.

As others have said, the positive ones are definitely nice to read. But half the people who voted on the poll were cool with both kinds of messages coming in, which is why I've (perhaps inconsiderately) tried to give the message-writers the benefit of the doubt. I realize it's silly to feel bad for excluding people's messages when other people can take a lot of offense to them...but, I have my strange irrationalities.

So for the sake of being redundant: If your message comes off as too harsh (which you should realize,) it won't be posted. If you're personally against the idea of any negative messages, you can either post or PM me opting out. And otherwise, try to keep it to good-intentioned constructive criticism, or maybe a humorous roast sort of deal.

Lil BigginZ

just a NORML guy
Post positive or negative comments about me. I'm not going to get butt hurt by someone's comment. In order for me to get offended or hurt by it I have to value their opinion in the first place.

terpsichore

If you had the chance to hang out with someone here, who would you pick and what would you like to do with them? There's plenty of range from platonic shared interests, to date plans, and absurd plots to destroy the world.
i like the idea of a theme! meh, had to edit; i read a few pages back and realized the mods were editing out non-anon posts. ok ok i'll re-do it anonymously. :p

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I like this thread for the ability to give anonymous praise—there are things that I’d not say under my name, for various reasons, that I can use this for.

On the other hand, I’m thinking that more constructive criticism could be a good thing, at least speaking for myself. I’m pretty sure that sunshine does not radiate forth from my nether regions, so only seeing praise makes me nervous. I know I have flaws, and hearing about them from others (in a constructive, or at least polite) sort of way can help me actually understand them better.

So, please, if you have feedback or advice or “seriously, haven’t you noticed that you xxxxx all the time? It gets old!” please put it in. I may not enjoy reading it, but I’ll welcome it all the same. Help me see into my blind spots :)

Latest posts