Secret Santa *The Christmas Version of Jes's Cupid for V-Day*

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.
Misty, Did I tell you are great for doing this. The cards i recieved were just such a great uplifiting thing. I loved it. And I love you for doing this.

MisticalMisty

Misty, Did I tell you are great for doing this. The cards i recieved were just such a great uplifiting thing. I loved it. And I love you for doing this.
Thank you Berna :) That was my number one goal. I wanted people to enjoy receiving cards..and if it just brightened one person's day..then I succeeded :)

I love you too :)

Timberwolf

Forth?
Well, you were really successful, Misty...

I got four cards so far, three of them a real surprise... Thanx, people!

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
I've just unstuck this thread, but wanted once again to give a HUGE thanks and big hug to Misty for doing all this work... you brought more joy to people here than you'll know. It was fun from beginning to end and I was very happy to participate.

:)

Get your diaper on, Feb isn't far away!!! :shocked:

MisticalMisty

I've just unstuck this thread, but wanted once again to give a HUGE thanks and big hug to Misty for doing all this work... you brought more joy to people here than you'll know. It was fun from beginning to end and I was very happy to participate.

:)

Get your diaper on, Feb isn't far away!!! :shocked:
Thanks AnnMarie and I want to give a great big thanks to everyone that was willing to give me their addresses and those that took the time and the money to send cards out.

I really hope everyone that received a card had their day brightened. If you didn't, I'm really sorry. I do plan on making this a yearly thing, so post more and get to know more people and hopefully next year you will receive a card!

As for me, I think I'm hitting the clearance sales for cards and stocking up on stamps starting now. I didn't nearly send as many cards as I would have liked :)

I hope everyone had a great holiday and that receiving a card was icing on an already delicious cake :D

Boteroesque Babe

All cookies cleared!
Thanks for the cards, homepeeps!

What a warm thing to return from a holiday trip to find such unexpected little pleasures awaiting. You kids are the Christmas coolest, and were I the reciprocatin' sort, y'all'd be poon deep in Hannukwanzafestimas Hallmark right about now. But this danke will have to do.

Thanks also to Jes, whom I think came up with this secret holiday card/gift exchange doohickey. And Misty, this was a lovely, lovely thing you did. I can't imagine the work involved. Sorry I made you chase me down, then explain it three times. I may have resisted, but this was the cause of a solid little percentage of my holiday smiles. (Most of the rest were caused by Evan Williams eggnog and the two little sisters we saw putting "reindeer food" out in their yard on Christmas Eve.)

You put the 'elf' in 'selfless,' Misty.

Take care, Everyone, and Happy New Year!

missaf

Since we're talking about Valentine's Day being a little over a month and a half away ( !!! ), how could we make it easier for a Cupid or multiple Cupids? Maybe have one person make a database, and divide the country into zones (East, Mid, West), and have three people receive card packages to mail?

I'm guessing Misty handwrote over 500 cards for Christmas. That's a ton of work for one person. Would anyone be opposed to a "Card Committee?"

MisticalMisty

Since we're talking about Valentine's Day being a little over a month and a half away ( !!! ), how could we make it easier for a Cupid or multiple Cupids? Maybe have one person make a database, and divide the country into zones (East, Mid, West), and have three people receive card packages to mail?

I'm guessing Misty handwrote over 500 cards for Christmas. That's a ton of work for one person. Would anyone be opposed to a "Card Committee?"
I don't know if Jes will be opposed to it or not..but I will be opposed to it..lol

I enjoyed addressing all the cards and honestly..it was hard enough for me to track down all the addresses and everything..throwing extra people into the mix I think will cause more disorganization than any good.

So, for Christmas..it'll just be me. I don't know what Jes wants to do for V-day!

But I do appreciate the offer :)

Butterbelly

Melting in the desert
Thank you to Misty and those who sent me Christmas cards. I appreciate the beautiful words of encouragement by each of you who sent me cards. I can't thank you enough for the great smiles you brought to my face this holiday season. :wubu:

Zandoz

Highly irregular
Thank you Misty and Mistery Card Sender, whom ever you are!

MisticalMisty

You guys are more than welcome and I do believe I'm sending the last of the cards out today. One group managed to get lost in the mail and if they show up I will gladly get them to you asap...but it's highly unlikely because they've been gone almost a full 2 weeks.

I guess this means that Secret Santa is officially over for 2006.

Can't wait for 2007!

eightyseven

Ridiculous.
I've already thanked my card-senders and while I was not on top of my game this year to get all my holiday wishes out, the whole card exchange was such a wonderful process. Several of my days have been much brighter because of them. I'm going to add my thanks to Misty both for being amazing and for putting this whole bit together and doing so much :D

FreeThinker

I just thought I should go public in thanking Misty for the effort she put into this.

Thank you, Misty.

Also, I'd like to thank the two very thoughtful people that sent me cards...but I don't know if it's appropriate to 'out' someone. In any case, thank you Card Sender The One, and Card Sender The Other One. :)

'Twas a nice surprise!

Latest posts